PFF: What Should the Dolphins do Moving Forward? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFF: What Should the Dolphins do Moving Forward?

Digital

Starter
Club Member
Reaction score
We love to debate the value of Pro Football Focus grades, but this piece is an opinion piece about what PFF's editors think the Dolphins should do. Interesting take.

They cite the NBA and how tanking changed the rules for the NBA Draft Lottery system, they touch on Trevor Lawrence and Tua with good and bad evaluations (very basic), and even have the nerve to try and tell us fans how to feel.

Love 'em, hate 'em, ignore 'em, …. whatever your pleasure. But I found it entertaining. They discuss Josh Rosen as well, and talk about how his freshman debut made him look like the future dynamite prospect that everyone now thinks Trevor Lawrence is. They discuss how Lawrence and Herbert had bad first games. Lots of good stuff in there, and lots of room to discuss opinions. Enjoy. Oh yeah, and lemme know what your opinion is on all this below too … after you've watched the video. :)

Tanking is hard. Lot of moving parts, no guarantees.

I hope Miami plays it smart with their draft capitol. They can continue to add more picks down the road.

Don't try to out think the room. Don't draft a Charles Harris over a TJ Watt.

Play Rosen, get him out there, don't waste time with Fitz. We all know the deck is stacked against him this year. He's a rich kid with an attitude, I wouldn't worry about his confidence.

Besides NE will win the Super Bowl in '19, Brady will retire, Pats will tank in '20 and land Trevor in '21.

As an aside... Dan Marino is one of those guys who absolutely lit it up as a young QB and then slipped a bit in his last season when his team was poor. It's the only reason that we got him.

Would anybody be talking about this legendary tank job if Houston didn't back up the truck to pry Tunsil away from us? That was an unplanned maneuver brought about by another franchise.

Not as much, no.

We knew that Alonzo was going to go, because McMillian and Alonzo were both pure inside guys and we only needed one. McDonald was unnecessary as well... Wake was old, Quinn overpaid... it was clear we needed to make some changes.

When Rosen came in and we still had Tunsil and Stills, we looked like we might be on a shorter timetable. Now... especially in light of some of the recent cuts, this is a clear tank job...

Not as much, no.

We knew that Alonzo was going to go, because McMillian and Alonzo were both pure inside guys and we only needed one. McDonald was unnecessary as well... Wake was old, Quinn overpaid... it was clear we needed to make some changes.

When Rosen came in and we still had Tunsil and Stills, we looked like we might be on a shorter timetable. Now... especially in light of some of the recent cuts, this is a clear tank job...
Nobody could have anticipated an offer we couldn't refuse for Tunsil.

So, if it appears to be a tank job to the outside world primarily because of that trade, it was not by our design.

Would anybody be talking about this legendary tank job if Houston didn't back up the truck to pry Tunsil away from us? That was an unplanned maneuver brought about by another franchise.
I had always been for the tank. Let Fitzpatrick bomb and save Rosen for next season when the line should be addressed with a focus.

We had a very good draft haul coming without the Tunsil deal.

Tanking is hard. Lot of moving parts, no guarantees.

I hope Miami plays it smart with their draft capitol. They can continue to add more picks down the road.

Don't try to out think the room. Don't draft a Charles Harris over a TJ Watt.

Play Rosen, get him out there, don't waste time with Fitz. We all know the deck is stacked against him this year. He's a rich kid with an attitude, I wouldn't worry about his confidence.

Besides NE will win the Super Bowl in '19, Brady will retire, Pats will tank in '20 and land Trevor in '21.

I think the ONLY fear any fan should have at this point is Miami sitting with the #1 overall draft pick and decide to get cute.

Instead of picking say Tua...the decide to pick one of the other QBs or decided to trade the pick for FOUR 1st round picks or something....

I personally don't care what they do with the other picks. But you can't mess around with the QB pick...As soon as you find out you have the #1 draft pick overall. Your card should have already been written with Tua's name on it.

Nobody could have anticipated an offer we couldn't refuse for Tunsil.

So, if it appears to be a tank job to the outside world primarily because of that trade, it was not by our design.

Well... I suspect that the F.O. had told everyone that our 2 best players were available, but not cheap.

We still have the other one.

I think the ONLY fear any fan should have at this point is Miami sitting with the #1 overall draft pick and decide to get cute.

Instead of picking say Tua...the decide to pick one of the other QBs or decided to trade the pick for FOUR 1st round picks or something....

I personally don't care what they do with the other picks. But you can't mess around with the QB pick...As soon as you find out you have the #1 draft pick overall. Your card should have already been written with Tua's name on it.

There are many people who are not as convinced about Tua; you realize this... right?

There are many people who are not as convinced about Tua; you realize this... right?

Well in the draft section of this board he's considered GOD! The kid that practically is guaranteed to be the next best thing...Point being, The Dolphins better not mess this up. They better draft the right Qb.

Well in the draft section of this board he's considered GOD! The kid that practically is guaranteed to be the next best thing...Point being, The Dolphins better not mess this up. They better draft the right Qb.

Now that makes more sense... but then again, it is always true. Manning/Leaf will always be the model for that question. Which QB is the right one? Tua has some serious advantages in that he plays for a legitimately great team. Marino played for a not-great team. Rosen played for a not-great team.,

Personally, I think Rosen IS the answer, but I'm not opposed to taking a second QB to double our chances. I just don't want to bet the farm on one guy if the offers are good. Someone offers us 4 1st rounders... I'm gonna take it.

Back
Top Bottom