PFN Mock Draft | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFN Mock Draft

I'm on the fence with regards to Boyer. If the above tweet is something he can do with a depleted roster, I'm leaning towards keeping him. Those last three games, as mentioned in the tweet above, showed the defense finally came together. Inspite of losing two of the three the defense began to turn the corner and played assignment sound and tackled much better. Unfortunately the penalties continued to hurt.

But unfortunately as a whole the defense fell way short of expectations. Most probably due to the insurmountable injury bug.

The question now becomes, can Boyer do it with a healthier roster? Can he get a better pass rush? If the answer is no, I guess he'll be gone.

As for the draft, Miami is without a doubt going to need to start replacing players who leave, due to cap constraints. As well as trying to upgrade, CB, OT, LB and TE. You can't let Gesicki walk without finding a viable replacement. And with both Jones and Howard on the decline, replacements are needed, sooner rather than later.

With no RB on the roster, all of which are F/A's and potentially not coming back, RB is another obvious need.

As for McDaniel, I'm not much of a fan. I think he's over rated. He came with a reputation, but didn't install an offense that could withstand what opposing defenses did after the 49er's game; that is until the Jets in the final game.

That's a great graphic. I know that three game stretch includes the Jets and Patriots, but when you can hold a team under 300 yards that's impressive. The defense has generally kept Miami in games.

McDaniel? There's obviously good and bad. I'm a firm believer in the importance of a running game and I think McDaniel has abandoned it too often. But, the makings of a running game is there. We've seen the flashes.

I think next year will say a lot about McDaniel.

Corner would probably be my top choice, depending on who else is available.

Last edited:
My gut tells me Boyers stays, unless McDaniel brings in a guy he has worked with in the past.

But the excuses (or reasons) we make for Boyer regarding injuries can also be applied to McDaniel on the offensive side. He has been dealing with back up QBs and a different oline almost every week, particularly at the end of the season.

McDaniel needs time to get the guys he needs on the oline to run his scheme.

The SF game I blame on Tua, he had guys open everywhere, he just missed the.m Bad games happen.

The Chargers game however, I put on McDaniel. We didnt make any adjustments even though th whole world could see what was happening.

No complaints about the Bills, OTHER THAN mysteriously stopping the run that the Bills had no answer for. Probably cost us that game as well.

GB again fell on Tua. Without those 3 second half picks we win, imo.

Im happy with McDaniel and I think he has a VERY high ceiling here for us.
I agree with the majority of this. The SF game was a combination of factors IMO. I would agree much of that was on Tua, but McDaniel needed to help his quarterback there. Eight runs when this was a close game most of the way? With a quarterback who was struggling?

But you're right. This is year one for McDaniel. He obviously saw Hill and Waddle and realized those two needed to get the ball often.

I don't think he trusts the run game in short yardage and who can blame him? Not sure about the lack of usage for the tight end position.

I do hope the run game takes it to another level next year. I think we'll get a better idea of what McDaniel's vision is offensively.

I agree with the majority of this. The SF game was a combination of factors IMO. I would agree much of that was on Tua, but McDaniel needed to help his quarterback there. Eight runs when this was a close game most of the way? With a quarterback who was struggling?

But you're right. This is year one for McDaniel. He obviously saw Hill and Waddle and realized those two needed to get the ball often.

I don't think he trusts the run game in short yardage and who can blame him? Not sure about the lack of usage for the tight end position.

I do hope the run game takes it to another level next year. I think we'll get a better idea of what McDaniel's vision is offensively.
I hope your right. Because he's been stubborn not adjusting the offense to take advantage of the underneath or what the defense started giving him after San Francisco.

I hope your right. Because he's been stubborn not adjusting the offense to take advantage of the underneath or what the defense started giving him after San Francisco.
I agree. He loves big plays and is uber aggressive. I hope that during the offseason with time to look at everything, McDaniel will realize what we've all been talking about. Or maybe the Jets game was his awakening?

Back
Top Bottom