Pft - Miami Close To A Deal For Josh Rosen (merged) | Page 38 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pft - Miami Close To A Deal For Josh Rosen (merged)

Just offer them either DeVante Parker or Reshad Jones with no draft picks and call it good.

Haha y’all gotta stop trying to make a Reshad Jones trade happen. Nobody is trading anything of value for some old ass safety who’s always hurt and we’ll probably end up releasing anyway.

The plan includes guys that put the team before themselves. Guys committed to doing whatever it takes to make the team better. Rosen doesn’t fit that. Tremendous talent but lacks the intangibles they said they want from their players.
I am pretty sure the Dolphins did their due dilligence when researching Rosen. There is absolutely no report of him being a selfish player in Arizona. The players their love him.

You cannot base his intangibles (or lack thereof) on his first year in Arizona. Kingsbury came in and hated on the coach and Rosen from the get-go. Rosen never had a chance neither had the HC.

We are not trading a 1st round pick. We are trading a 2nd round pick for a top 10 pick nobody in this league has a clue - NOBODY - how he will turn out.
In a worst case scenario he does not turn out to be a starter and we draft a QB next year and keep Rosen as a backup. This trade is a no risk but potential big reward trade.

Flores comes from a team environment where team comes first. They researched Rosen last year and this year. I am pretty sure if there are red flags that he is not a team player they would not even consider him.

I am not sure about being loaded but we are not chopped liver on offense. We can pick up some OL in the later rounds and in the UDFA pool but otherwise I am sure QBs wouldn't mind throwing the pigskin to Wilson, Grant and Stills or handing it off to Drake. Who knows maybe even Parker will do something with his last chance.
Lol. That's delusional. There isn't a bona fide star skill player on this offense and the offensive line may be a worse situation than Arizona's with the exception of Tunsil.

I mean what's the worse case scenario if we trade for Rosen? If he is named the starter and is as bad as he was in Arizona that would earn us the 1st pick in the draft next year which we can use on a QB.
But what is the opportunity cost? Who else could we have drafted at another position of need w/ the pick we give up for Rosen?

So basically it’s a one year audition for you with a possible top 50 pick asset being the price.

Seems pricy to me but I guess I get it. I’d get it more if they invested in tbe o line

Fitz though grabs damn pine.

It is pricey. This 2nd round still has a ton of talent and value in it. Arizona has zero leverage. If Rosen was such a slam dunk, Arizona wouldn't have drafted another QB. The guys in that office would have seen enough to say he's a future stud and draft the top DE or DT in Bosa or Williams. They didn't. So to think Miami or anyone else should view him as a savior is a joke. Proven players barely get drafted for 2nd round picks these days. I'm not trading this one for a guy with a questionable attitude and bad rookie season.

I think you have a better shot at a top 5 pick with fitz than you do rosen. At least a better shot at the #1 overall pick.

This fitz takes you out of tank commander mode stuff is imo laughable.

I mean what's the worse case scenario if we trade for Rosen? If he is named the starter and is as bad as he was in Arizona that would earn us the 1st pick in the draft next year which we can use on a QB.

It would be the fact of having to potentially give up a 2nd round pick to get him in the first place when you could use that pick to find another starter at OL, CB, or DL.

Lol. That's delusional. There isn't a bona fide star skill player on this offense and the offensive line may be a worse situation than Arizona's with the exception of Tunsil.

O line wise status quo it’s like rosen died in zona and went to hell in Miami

Biggest deterrent of all in this.

I really do not care what your opinion is but if you call me or anybody else delusional.....

We have a different opinion. Big deal. But calling anybody delusional is overboard.

It would be the fact of having to potentially give up a 2nd round pick to get him in the first place when you could use that pick to find another starter at OL, CB, or DL.

It’s qb. It trumps all.

I get that we want to buy low here or not at all. But it is qb. And it trumps all

It is pricey. This 2nd round still has a ton of talent and value in it. Arizona has zero leverage. If Rosen was such a slam dunk, Arizona wouldn't have drafted another QB. The guys in that office would have seen enough to say he's a future stud and draft the top DE or DT in Bosa or Williams. They didn't. So to think Miami or anyone else should view him as a savior is a joke. Proven players barely get drafted for 2nd round picks these days. I'm not trading this one for a guy with a questionable attitude and bad rookie season.
Same way I feel. People sounds as if we better make this trade. Who the **** is Rosen, Marino 2? He was bad last year and people say he was in a bad situation there.....do you think he'll be in a good situation here?
We have Tunsil and nothing else up front to protect him.
Grant and Wilson not 100% healthy yet and we don't know if they ever will be again.
Drake at RB and who else?
Gesicki at TE?

Tell me, how will this situation for Rosen be better than what he had in Arizona?
The fact is this team is not ready at this time to put a young QB in a good situation.
So keep your picks and build both lines then draft your QB in 2020. It's the only thing that makes sense.

Well I personally wouldn't be thrilled with giving up a 2nd BUT if I viewed it simply as trading a 2nd this year for a guaranteed 1st over all pick next year I could be ok with that.

Back
Top Bottom