Pft - Miami Close To A Deal For Josh Rosen (merged) | Page 41 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pft - Miami Close To A Deal For Josh Rosen (merged)

Nice to see at the time that our GM isn't getting pushed around. Holding his ground on what he is willing to part with. Don't like it - cool bye

Does anyone know would Mia control the 5th year option if this trade goes through? Cause that has to be weighed in also as a plus I’d say

But it doesn't trump all if the QB is bad. That doesn't help at all.

Well that’s a given. But why has it been written on his tombstone already?

His numbers are as good as any qb in that class not named baker mayfield and he went #1 overall.

I suspect you guys are too young to remember Tom Brady in his first season of starting (I think he wasn't a rookie either at the time). He was not terribly impressive, just a middling QB.

I would be curious to see what Rosen has learned and what he could do with some blocking (that cardinal OL, makes the dolphin line look like HOF material).

Remember there is very little physically about Brady that makes him the great QB, its everything else that does.

Well that’s a given. But why has it been written on his tombstone already?

His numbers are as good as any qb in that class not named baker mayfield and he went #1 overall.

I don't believe he had as good of numbers as Sam Darnold.

Not necessarily, I think he has handled it pretty well. Also you have no idea what their Fo and Staff have told him. Guy was given one season and dumped like a bad habit. He deserved more than a season to show what he can be. Who comes right into the league and lights it up. Fact is AZ is in full belief that Murrey is their savior. But who really knows.
My thoughts exactly. It could he Mayfield, Allen or Darnold as who went there and this would be the result because that team was bad. Right now the Cards GM is holding him out of spite/arrogance more than anything else. It really is a take the first fair deal you get and move on scenario

Nice to see at the time that our GM isn't getting pushed around. Holding his ground on what he is willing to part with. Don't like it - cool bye
I think this is exactly correct, as a newly empowered leader, it is imperative to establish a proper reputation among the other sharks.
If there is a perception that our guy is prone to overpay... our future offers will be lower.

I suspect you guys are too young to remember Tom Brady in his first season of starting (I think he wasn't a rookie either at the time). He was not terribly impressive, just a middling QB.

I would be curious to see what Rosen has learned and what he could do with some blocking (that cardinal OL, makes the dolphin line look like HOF material).

Remember there is very little physically about Brady that makes him the great QB, its everything else that does.

Lol, so every young player that isn't impressive early on should be compared to a young Tom Brady? Because the potential to go from where they currently are to Tom Brady's arc happens all the time?

Lol...Make it stop! Please!

The thing about trades is that both teams have to agree. We don’t get to simply decide what’s given for Rosen. AZ has to agree and they’d laugh off that trade suggestion before you finished your offer.

Um.

1) How old do you think most of us are?

2) He wasn’t a rookie...but in his first full season of starting, the Patriots won the Super Bowl.

just saw this as of 6:05pm ET and that the situation remains “fluid” Cards were originally asking Dolphins for a first.

Mods, feel free to move this if need be.

Thought this was interesting as it puts a lot more relief in my mind. We need help on our OL or else Rosen is literally right back in an AZ-like situation

Lol, so every young player that isn't impressive early on should be compared to a young Tom Brady? Because the potential to go from where they currently are to Tom Brady's arc happens all the time?

Lol...Make it stop! Please!

Nope, its a choice they have to make and pay for, no different than anyone really.

Back
Top Bottom