PFT: Phins Intend to Select Manuel Wright | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFT: Phins Intend to Select Manuel Wright

A 3rd would be as high as I'd like to go. Would much prefer a 4th. I honestly can't say I know much about this kid, other than he was a guy USC was expecting to step in do well and that he had a some ankle and elbow injuries the second half of the season.

If we do select him, I'd think that Saban weighed heavily on Coach Davis, who coached the guy day in and day out the last two years.

maybe we should make up a rumor and tell PFTso we can draft him with a 4th.

I wouldnt be suprised if this story is true because PFT did break the Mueller story and we are very thin at DT.

I never knew there was such strong animosity between Al Michaels and that four letter network

funniest part of the read
clear.gif

[Looks like the model for this thing

was in the middle of getting a prostate exam.]

I emailed Mike Florio to give him a few specifics about the supplemental draft and particularly why the Fins won't be forced to pay par plus one for Manuel Wright. Specifically, since the draft order is decided in three tiers, neither the Packers, Bengals, or Eagles can POSSIBLY pick before us in any given round. Unless Miami senses some team from among the top 11 pickers in the NFL draft that really wants to draft Wright, AND the draft order gets decided in such a way as that team picks before us in every round, the Phins will feel no need to pay par plus one for Manuel.

I think Florio is going to put in an update on the Fins/Wright thing with my info the next time he updates the page. At least, he asked me if I want my name given if/when he uses it.

Par plus one doesn't matter. We won't know of other team's intentions prior to submitting our choice for a particular player. If we submit a 2nd round bid on a given player and the next closest team (that selects after us) submits a 4th round bid, we still get tagged with the 2nd round selection (even though a 3rd or 4th rounder would have gotten the player).

Par plus one doesn't matter. We won't know of other team's intentions prior to submitting our choice for a particular player. If we submit a 2nd round bid on a given player and the next closest team (that selects after us) submits a 4th round bid, we still get tagged with the 2nd round selection (even though a 3rd or 4th rounder would have gotten the player).

That is not how the supplemental draft is conducted. A draft order IS decided and teams know that draft order when it is decided. The draft is conducted like the regular draft, it starts with the first round and the first team selects or passes, then so on and so forth all the way through the 7th round. It's actually conducted by phone, email, or instant messager.

Alright. Somebody go out there and find out how exactly the supplement draft selection process works.

That's right. I'm giving you homework on the weekend. ;)

Muck said:
Alright. Somebody go out there and find out how exactly the supplement draft seleciton works.

That's right. I'm giving you homework on the weekend. ;)
Your not my father.

Megatron said:
Your not my father.

That's right I'm not your father. Chet Steadman's not your father. Your mother doesn't even know who your father is!!

Your father's some guy who left town......

Back
Top Bottom