PFT: Ryan Mallet "Almost Certain" to fall out of first round | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFT: Ryan Mallet "Almost Certain" to fall out of first round

PaPhinz

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Caplan wrote on Twitter Tuesday night that Mallett is “almost certain” to drop out of the first round of April’s draft, even going so far as to say it “wouldn’t shock (Caplan) to see Mallett fall to the third (round).” Similar to Breer, Caplan cites “baggage, and not the kind you carry” as the main reason for Mallett’s projected draft-day slip.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-potential-draft-day-plunge-for-ryan-mallett/

I keep hearing about these off-field issues, yet nobody seems to know exactly what they are. I know we've all heard the rumor but this is the first time I heard anyone speculate he could drop all the way to the 3rd.

I'd rather have Newton in the 1st than Mallett in the 2nd, but I wouldn't complain about landing Mallett in the 2nd with some sort of trade back scenario. Still, I don't see him slipping out of the 1st. It'd have to be HEAVY baggage. There will be teams who think he's the best QB available. I can't see them passing on "best QB in the draft" (again, on their board - not mine) in the mid-to-late 1st.

I have never been a big fan of Mallet's, but I'm on the "can you really pass him up if he is there bandwagon" . . . but with his athletic ability it must be some serious baggage for him to potentially drop to the 3rd round.

Then again Mike Williams had baggage last year and that seems like centuries ago.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-potential-draft-day-plunge-for-ryan-mallett/

I keep hearing about these off-field issues, yet nobody seems to know exactly what they are. I know we've all heard the rumor but this is the first time I heard anyone speculate he could drop all the way to the 3rd.

During his Freshmen year at Michigan, he made A LOT of enemies. He had a very high opinion of himself, and disrespected a lot of the seniors on the team. He almost left Michigan BEFORE the season started, but Lloyd Carr talked him out of it (so no, Rich Rod is not why he transferred), and by the end of the year Mallett had 2 teammates who were willing to back him up (Chad Henne and Mike Hart).

Now I don't know how much he changed at Arkansas, but from what I hear is he still does have a very high opinion of himself. I also know both CK and Slimm have said that a lot of people are gonna cringe when they interview him.

During his Freshmen year at Michigan, he made A LOT of enemies. He had a very high opinion of himself, and disrespected a lot of the seniors on the team. He almost left Michigan BEFORE the season started, but Lloyd Carr talked him out of it (so no, Rich Rod is not why he transferred), and by the end of the year Mallett had 2 teammates who were willing to back him up (Chad Henne and Mike Hart).

Now I don't know how much he changed at Arkansas, but from what I hear is he still does have a very high opinion of himself. I also know both CK and Slimm have said that a lot of people are gonna cringe when they interview him.

Oh wow thanks I had never heard that. I wish I had known that back then when all of my friends who are Michigan fans wouldn't stop bragging about him. I remember being on a message board and someone hinting at him doing meth, but I imagine it was just a fan talking s!#$.

Oh wow thanks I had never heard that. I wish I had known that back then when all of my friends who are Michigan fans wouldn't stop bragging about him. I remember being on a message board and someone hinting at him doing meth, but I imagine it was just a fan talking s!#$.

Coke is the rumor.

But, he does kind of sounds like Jessie from Breaking Bad (best show ever) when he talks . . . hmm . . .

is breaking bad really can't miss??? i've heard that elsewhere and i'm thinking about renting the dvds...are we talkin sopranos good???

anyways...mallet is definitely gonna turn some peeps off in the interview room...one poster said he comes off as paul wall and i can really see it...i literally can't stand the way he comes off in interviews

is breaking bad really can't miss??? i've heard that elsewhere and i'm thinking about renting the dvds...are we talkin sopranos good???

anyways...mallet is definitely gonna turn some peeps off in the interview room...one poster said he comes off as paul wall and i can really see it...i literally can't stand the way he comes off in interviews

Oh **** yes!!!!! It's my favorite show on TV ever since it came on. LOVE it. And imo, yes, it is better than The Sopranos ( of which I have seen all episodes).

Sopranos was my 'best show ever' before I saw Breaking Bad. It's different, so I can see some people preferring Sopranos. But, Breaking Bad has better writing, better acting, and there is no device akin to Tony's therapy sessions to force-feed inner workings. Inner turmoil is expressed only through dialog and acting. I also think it better relates to the 'every man.' I still haven't seen The Wire, but I hear it's up there, too. Dexter isn't in that league, but I still like it a good deal.

Also, just watch the pilot episode of Breaking Bad. Hooked me immediately.

Coke is the rumor.

But, he does kind of sounds like Jessie from Breaking Bad (best show ever) when he talks . . . hmm . . .

Haha. LOVE that show to death!!! And if Mallet REALLY does talk and sound like Jessie from BB, there is no way in hell he is gonna be able to command respect in an NFL huddle.

If he does fall that far, you can rest assured that the rumors that nobody will confirm were better confirmed by NFL teams than by the media.

better than sopranos huh...thats hard for me to fathom...gonna HAVE TO get those dvds...thanks...i'm looking forward to game of thrones on hbo which starts in april and i also really liked boardwalk empire...

Back
Top Bottom