Philbin and Hinkey's plan | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Philbin and Hinkey's plan

timmash44

Active Roster
Reaction score
We just signed Moreno. So cross out a a RB early in the draft. We need an Offensive guard or Tackle in the the first or Second round for depth. An ILB, who so you see as the Best fit for our Hybrid Defense along with the Elephant Dion Jordan? Give our Fins Two years and we will be dominant. Just remember Thomas Brady is 36 turning 37 on August 3rd. A legend can't last forever.

Give our Fins Two years and we will be dominant.

I have seen that same phrase uttered on these forums each year for the past 14 years... It's been a long two years.

This two year thing....I can swear someone said that about Henne and Beck....and Fiedler...AJ Feeley...Ricky Williams...Culpep- OH jeez I'm done.

If Miami fixes its offensive line, it will be a much better team in 2014. Draft Martin at 19 and another lineman between rounds 3-7 and it'll be shaping up nicely.

Get another linebacker in there to compete with Ellerbe/Wheeler and it'll also raise the competitiveness of our defense. It's not all that bad right now. Could be a lot worse.

Pretty sure we're drafting an RB in the first 3 rounds. Moreno has a 1yr contract, he is obviously not the long term answer. I think he is just a safety net. There are plenty of guys that can be very productive RBs in rounds 2-4.

hinkey? sounds like a good gm, maybe we can replace mr 11th choice with him!

If their plan looks anything like this then we'll be good...

1. Zach Martin
2. Morgan Moses
3. Caraun Reid
4. C.J. Fiedorowicz
5. Jeremy Hill

I believe we're building a Super Bowl team. O-line we will address, hopefully with An O-line and ILB in the First 2 rounds that's all I hope for. Engnew and/or Sims better breakout this year. They can be one-two combo punch.

I think we're way better. One of my big reasons for feeling this way is that the FO is all working together and finally on the same page. I feel great about Bill Lazor as OC. He worked wonders in Philidelphia making a young QB a VERY efficient QB with a crazy TD to interception rate. He will make Tannehill much better. He knows how to make the offense much less predictable and will be much better at changing things up during a game to counter what the D is throwing at us. I'm very pleased with what Hickey has done since he's arrived. He seems like a very hard worker and a much cooler personality than Ireland. Ireland never knew how to build a roster correctly and killed us for years. We're 100 times better simply because he and Sherman are gone. I love the Moreno signing. His game reminds me a little bit like Reggie Bush in that he catches the ball out of the backfield, pass protects and gives our offense an element that we didn't have last year. The o-line is 60% fixed. We need 2 more players to be able to say the line is fixed. I still see 1 more veteran in free agency and then let the draft come to us. If Ebron should fall to #19 (never going to happen) I'd love to grab him. If Mosley is there I really think he'll be a Dolphin. I also am a big fan of Shazier. He's so strong and fast it's unreal. I like Delmas over Clemons. Delmas is a big hitter, enforcer type that we haven't had since Louis Oliver. I can't wait to see him crush people. He's excellent in run support. Again, the GM and Coach are working to build a championship team. No bs agendas (like Ireland) they just want to build a great team. I love the new hires in the FO and on the coaching staff and I'm happy with all the FA signings. It's clearly a work in progress but everything about the team suddenly feels so much better. We'll know more after the draft but I have no doubt that Hickey is super-prepared and will make better choices than we've seen around here in a long time.

George Blanda (QB and K for the Raiders back in the day for all you kiddies out there) played deep into his 40s.

Stopped playing qb when he was 39 and didn't play qb for 4 years from 28-31 so he didn't get hit as much.plus he was never really that good at qb. No qb plays into their late 30's without declining. Farve did it, Montana did it, Marino looked like 1/4th of himself his last year, Aikman did it, elway hopped in Davis' backpack and rode his way to a sb but was a shell of himself. Hell he had a great season but manning's deep ball is about as good as a pee wee qb's. they may be football legends but they still have human bodies that don't last forever. I'm not saying we should count on Brady not playing well but if you watched Brady play last year and him in his prime its night and day. He straight up floated balls way over receivers heads. Same passes he made in his prime in his sleep. Players age and their performance shows, human bodies can only take so much.

Stopped playing qb when he was 39 and didn't play qb for 4 years from 28-31 so he didn't get hit as much.plus he was never really that good at qb. No qb plays into their late 30's without declining. Farve did it, Montana did it, Marino looked like 1/4th of himself his last year, Aikman did it, elway hopped in Davis' backpack and rode his way to a sb but was a shell of himself. Hell he had a great season but manning's deep ball is about as good as a pee wee qb's. they may be football legends but they still have human bodies that don't last forever. I'm not saying we should count on Brady not playing well but if you watched Brady play last year and him in his prime its night and day. He straight up floated balls way over receivers heads. Same passes he made in his prime in his sleep. Players age and their performance shows, human bodies can only take so much.

Very good analysis....I agree with your comments.

Oh, and I'm old enough to remember George Blanda......he played way past his prime.

Back
Top Bottom