Philbin and Hinkey's plan | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Philbin and Hinkey's plan

The problem with the 2 year plan is that Hickey and Philbin only have 1 year.

LINK?

this is nonsense. wishful thinking from some fans for sure [not me] but there would have to be a 3 win season for ross even starts thinking about ditching philbin.

the job philbin did with irelands worst draft in nfl history [giving philbin a worse team than in his rookie year] and the scandal was damn good coaching and leadership. if someone would of mentioned before last season all those things that would happen and then say 8-8 season, you would have heard the laughter at the south pole! myself included!!

and HICKEY? HE HAS A HUGE HOLE to fill in with this team. years of bad drafting, bust f/s's, horrid coaching. the team isnt a winner and no one in theri prime with big talent is coming here. young pro bowl types go to the winning teams, and i dont blame them. we have been one of the least talented teams in the nfl for years now and hickey can not fix all this over night. especially the reputation this team has around the nfl with irelands crack ho comments to bully gate to the front office structure.

you can tell by the way the f/a is being handled that the win now mentality isnt the main focus. we are not loaded enough to take out the pats and the better teams of the nfl on any CONSISTANT basis. cooler heads have FINALLY prevailed and smart f/a's signings and a pointed draft are the ticket to a proper rebuild. and there is NO more throwing billions at 20 different players hoping to save hot seat jobs. cool, calm and collected.

and philbin is finally getting some of the coaches he wanted when he signed on here, namely our o-line coach and offensive coordinator. those guys had other commitments and philbin couldnt bring them with him in his first year. tanny is a question mark. and he was NOT a hickey choice. he has no pressure on that front and will have no problem trading him off if he doesnt produce behind a re worked o-line, i dont see hickey giving him the franchise money and years. this team, as of now is IRELANDS mess, not hickeys and you dont fix 5 to 15 years of blunders over night.

hickey is in NO trouble this year or the next. he would have to have back to back drafts like irelands last year coupled with losing seasons. THEN hickey would start getting the eye ball from ross.

but all this hickey and philbin have one year has absolutely NO basis. some wishful thinking from some fans has now become fact in many peoples minds.

Draft?

I would not be surprised if Louis Nix is the pick. There is no 0 or 1 technique DT/NT on the roster.

Zach Martin worked himself out the 1st round. Had a horrible combine. Bust

For the record, I love Hartline, and I do think he is under-rated...but I also think Evans may be the closest thing to Calvin Johnson since Calvin Johnson. And if, yes its a substantial IF.....if that bears out, it'd be foolish not to take him at 19. Although, I would be shocked if Evans falls that far.

And we have consistently overpaid for free agents because Ireland did not draft studs. Evans has enormous potential to be a stud. Hartline will never be more than a good #2. And keep in mind I'm trading Hartline, not releasing him.

Mike Evans + Evan Mathis>Brian Hartline + Cyrus Kouandijo
IMO....for all that can be said about prospects before they suit up.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush...

We just signed Moreno. So cross out a a RB early in the draft. We need an Offensive guard or Tackle in the the first or Second round for depth. An ILB, who so you see as the Best fit for our Hybrid Defense along with the Elephant Dion Jordan? Give our Fins Two years and we will be dominant. Just remember Thomas Brady is 36 turning 37 on August 3rd. A legend can't last forever.

Sorry to burst your bubble but this is not the year to take a Guard early in the draft. Guard is probably the weakest in this draft. The position as a whole grades out to a (C), with the top pick only grading out to like a 70. I would hate to take a pick early just because of need even though in past drafts that person would be like a 3rd rounder at best. We need to be taking a WR early and possibly move up for him.

Sorry to burst your bubble but this is not the year to take a Guard early in the draft. Guard is probably the weakest in this draft. The position as a whole grades out to a (C), with the top pick only grading out to like a 70. I would hate to take a pick early just because of need even though in past drafts that person would be like a 3rd rounder at best. We need to be taking a WR early and possibly move up for him.
Just a question, what site are you using that grades this draft class based on a scale of 100? I'd like to take a look at it as I don't know of one that does.

Just a question, what site are you using that grades this draft class based on a scale of 100? I'd like to take a look at it as I don't know of one that does.

Not a site but rather a few draft magazines. Mainly Lindey's every year they not only put grades on each position on strength but also each player. I have also seen this on CBS Sportsline as well. It's a good way to measure the strength of each position in the draft but also how that particular player rates in the draft. Guard got a c+ at the position strengnth this year. While WR got an (A), OT got a (B+). So this is not a deep class at the Guard position. Even the best Guard did not rate that high.

Then they break it down like this. 90-100 Definite franchise player, 80-90 potential pro bowler, 60-70 could be a starter. etc...

Why would anyone take a guard in the first round? I don't care how good Martin is - you just need your guards to be serviceable. Use the pick on the best LB or a game-changing TE / WR.

Zach Martin worked himself out the 1st round. Had a horrible combine. Bust
All of his Notre Dame gametape must still count for something. When something like a bad pro day occurs, I can't help but wonder if the GMs just dismiss everything he did in actual games. Hard to believe he is suddenly a bust, although i still prefer Xavier Su'a-Filo as the O-line draft pick to target.

Back
Top Bottom