Philbin making a huge mistake with Dion Jordan. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Philbin making a huge mistake with Dion Jordan.

Hated the pick.Not saying he's gonna be bad but it's not like he's was or is all world....Hopefully Ireland didn't **** this up and waste an opportunity to get Eifert and use the 2nd rounder on a OL.

I don't know that Jordan is better than Vernon at this very moment, but he certainly could be in the future.

They are bringing Jordan along much like they did Vernon last year during his rookie season, and he is now starting and being productive. I believe they have a long term plan for Jordan.

Jordan swatted MR and closed out the ATL game.
Jordan Swatted Flacco and got Jones a pick 6.

Jordan is what the team needs. You can have 20 first quarter sacks mean nothing. He is around the ball in the fourth quarter when it counts the most.

It's time to unleash him against New England.

We need playmakers. Dion Jordan has pretty much shown he's a playmaker, IMO.

great pick. kid will be a beast for a decade. bring him along slowly now. keep him fresh for crunch time in the fourth quarter. he was directly responsible for two of our three wins.

I hope the coaches use him more each game. One play here or there can turn a game....as we all know after the last 2 losses.

Hearing Jelaie Jenkins on Omar's first and ten, he said the one player he'd want in a fight is Jordan bc he's scrappy and has an edge to him when on the field.

That's why we drafted him. Unleash the mantis

---------- Post added at 01:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 AM ----------

Best player should play and Dion jordan is better than Vernon and Shelby. Jordan is going to have fun vs Tommy boy this week.

Those guys have not been slouches. I think they are trying to limit the rookie wall w Dion. And I think we drafted him to get to Tom Brady...so this Sunday we'll see if that strategy paid off.

Hearing Jelaie Jenkins on Omar's first and ten, he said the one player he'd want in a fight is Jordan bc he's scrappy and has an edge to him when on the field.

That's why we drafted him. Unleash the mantis

---------- Post added at 01:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 AM ----------

Those guys have not been slouches. I think they are trying to limit the rookie wall w Dion. And I think we drafted him to get to Tom Brady...so this Sunday we'll see if that strategy paid off.

This rookie is a wall.

There is a lot to like about Jordan, but he is still limited in his pass rushing moves and he does struggle to hold the edge (though he is improving). I understand the coaches wanting to bring him along slowly and get him in good situations, but he is looking like one of the best players on the field when he is out there and that is what you want....your best players on the field as much as possible.

As far as is being a bad pick because he's not playing every down this year....sometimes you need to think about a player future potential when drafting....Jordan is a physical freak that was poorly coached in college.....he now has one of the best defensive line coaches in the NFL working with him and he will be in an NFL strength program....kid will end up scary good.

Our LBs suck so badly, we really should consider rotating Jordan between OLB and DE and having him on the field a lot more.

How about this freaking bumbling baffoon of a playcall: When we had Buffalo pinned on their 2 yard line, he had Jordan lined up just off the LOS ready to rush, when the ball was snapped Jordan dropped back into coverage. Just the dumbest most ill concieved use of a legitimate pass rusher I have seen. Why wasnt he rushing the passer that close to the goal line to force the safety.

So on defense we drop Jordan into coverage when there is a possibility of a safety and in 3rd and a millimeter we run a sweep with Thomas. This coaching staff has no idea how to use many of its players.

I think a big issue with them is they are trying to be too creative...3rd and inches means you put it in tannehills hands and let him dive under the center, that means no one will expect us to run a sweep...best ppass rusher is on the field, better drop him into coverage to screw with a QB...I dot mind passing on 1st down, but obvious calls are obvious calls for a reason...unless you are sean peyton to have tom brady or peyton manning, dont screw around too much...

Back
Top Bottom