Philbin On The Clock This year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Philbin On The Clock This year?

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
IMO, with no links or inside info, Philbin has control of our team this year, for better or worse, as Shula did in the past.

Ross loves him, and made a big decision in keeping him. Think what you will but, I believe he was responsible for Ireland being gone, and Hickey being here. Others did not want to keep him. I see Hickey as a "partial puppet" in what Philbin wants to do, and Red Dawn going along as well.

So, he is in his third year in being a HC, and has not been great. He is bringing integrity and detail to the team, and this year will tell the tale IF that works in today's NFL.

I have my doubts but, would love to be wrong.

Will he succeed or, be looking for a job in a year?

Depends on Tannehill, which depends partially on Lazor.

Depends on Tannehill, which depends partially on Lazor.

And also depends on Wallace and some blocking. Philbin, like Sparano is supposed to know the OL.

He should be. Who knows with Ross.

And also depends on Wallace and some blocking. Philbin, like Sparano is supposed to know the OL.
I view those difficulties as emanating from Tannehill's limitations, and so it'll be up to Lazor in my opinion to mitigate them in such a way that the quarterback play is adequate.

IF I were Ross, I would pay Marino a bunch of money to work with RT and Wallace for a few weeks. Just think of the PR, let alone potential results.

I saw Montana on ESPN, who said that he would not want to play against Dan with today's rules.

Never mind philbin.were going to be great this year 10.6.his job is safe

Saying that the team is going to go 10.6 and philbin will get a contract extension. Lol

No, for two reasons. First, because Hickey received a 2 year deal, I believe he and Philbin will be given 2 years to work together, and thus have their fates linked to one another. Second, I don't believe Lazor would have accepted the OC position if Philbin were a lame duck coach. Lazor must've received certain assurances or else he would've taken the Lions OC job or continued to work under Chip Kelly.

We are clearly all in with Philbin, not sure if it will work out but hopeful. Lazor, RT and Hickey all will have big impacts on the success this year, but hopeful. I think all those rookies from last year need to have a much bigger influence this year, and this is the crux of what Philbin and the coaches need to be achieving. If they can bring players in and develop them then they are what we need, if they fail then they deserve to be canned.

No, for two reasons. First, because Hickey received a 2 year deal, I believe he and Philbin will be given 2 years to work together, and thus have their fates linked to one another. Second, I don't believe Lazor would have accepted the OC position if Philbin were a lame duck coach. Lazor must've received certain assurances or else he would've taken the Lions OC job or continued to work under Chip Kelly.

You can say one things in interviews and do another at the end of the year if the team bombs. Contracts were made to be ripped up. Teams have no probably canning guys after a year and paying them to sit out home while they bring someone else in. Just the nature of the league I'm afraid.

IF I were Ross, I would pay Marino a bunch of money to work with RT and Wallace for a few weeks. Just think of the PR, let al
one potential results.

I saw Montana on ESPN, who said that he would not want to play against Dan with today's rules.

Although I like the thought, I don't think Marino would be much of a teacher. One of the things that made Dan so great, besides his cannon, accuracy and release, was his inate feel for the game. I'm not sure if it can be passed on. It would be like asking Eddie Van Halen to teach you to play the guitar. :idk:

Back
Top Bottom