Philbin On The Clock This year? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Philbin On The Clock This year?

No, for two reasons. First, because Hickey received a 2 year deal, I believe he and Philbin will be given 2 years to work together, and thus have their fates linked to one another. Second, I don't believe Lazor would have accepted the OC position if Philbin were a lame duck coach. Lazor must've received certain assurances or else he would've taken the Lions OC job or continued to work under Chip Kelly.

I tend to think this way. Just by the way Ross was talking. He lets little things out sometimes the way he talks.

Unless he completely tanks, I don't see Ross dumping his mancrush Principal Philbin. I foresee another 7-9/8-8 season and Ross chalking it up to a first year with Hickey, and then proceeding to waste yet another season by keeping them on.

IMO, with no links or inside info, Philbin has control of our team this year, for better or worse, as Shula did in the past.
Will he succeed or, be looking for a job in a year?

I think by limiting Hickey to a two-year contract, Ross might be thinking about clearing house if this combo doesn't work. So I think Philbin has two years to turn this around.

Short of major injuries IMO Philbin has to lead his team to the play-offs. I can't see Ross sticking with him if he can't get us into the Play-offs.

Although I like the thought, I don't think Marino would be much of a teacher. One of the things that made Dan so great, besides his cannon, accuracy and release, was his inate feel for the game. I'm not sure if it can be passed on. It would be like asking Eddie Van Halen to teach you to play the guitar. :idk:

Eddie is not that good.

I would tend to agree with the two year thought process. However, if their is a meltdown in 2014, I would not be surprised to see a change take place.

My prediction (although I might feel differently after the draft and FA period), is a very successful year for the Phins in 2014 assuming the O-line is fixed.

Philbin and Hickey will have two years together unless next season we just absolutely flop .... say a four, five, or six win season.

Eddie is not that good.

Them's fightin words...:D

Anyway I'm not gonna argue about guitar players because it's mostly a matter of taste. My point is some guys just do their own thing...

Them's fightin words...:D

Anyway I'm not gonna argue about guitar players because it's mostly a matter of taste. My point is some guys just do their own thing...

Fight as you may like but, Eddie was not remotely close to the top 20. He is as average as our team, regardless of taste.

A bit but, with a Fender Jazz Bass, and a Ampeg V4B. NOT current.

Cool, I'm down to 4 guitars now. I mostly just putz around now. Been playing for 28 years though. Anyway, we can chat about this some other time...don't want to hijack the thread...

Cool, I'm down to 4 guitars now. I mostly just putz around now. Been playing for 28 years though. Anyway, we can chat about this some other time...don't want to hijack the thread...

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
I can play a mean electric triangle

More cow bell.

Back
Top Bottom