Philbin On The Clock This year? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Philbin On The Clock This year?

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

I'm partial to Tony Levin on bass, a few others. I respect your opinion, but it's just that, your opinion. EVH is the only reason I ever picked up a guitar so you'll never sway me...

Stanly Clarke was my bass idol, and another was Jaco Pastorius, who most never heard of. If ya wanna hear great bass, ya gotta go to Jazz. Cassic rock would go to Entwistle, John Paul Jones, and Bruce, who were all great. There are some more current but, they go with a slap style, which I don't care for. JMO

Stanly Clarke was my bass idol, and another was Jaco Pastorius, who most never heard of. If ya wanna hear great bass, ya gotta go to Jazz. Cassic rock would go to Entwistle, John Paul Jones, and Bruce, who were all great. There are some more current but, they go with a slap style, which I don't care for. JMO

Good list. My list of bass players would also include Geddy Lee and Billy Sheehan. I'm also a huge fan of Lemmy, not necessarily because of his playing ability but just because he's a badass...

I'm a big fan of Yamaha acoustics. I gave one as a gift once to a friend who'd helped me out greatly with a recording project. In the $400-$700 range, I think they're the best bang for the buck out there. Way back in the day, James Taylor always played a Yamaha.

The last electric I bought was a PRS Santana SE in whale blue.

BTW, if you or anyone here is ever in the market for anything, I have a hook-up at GC Pro who gets me about 20% off of just about anything. It's a guy I've been dealing with for a lot of years. I'm happy to pass his name and info along, just PM me.

That's why I bought the Yamaha. Couldn't find anything close for the money. I appreciate the GC hook up and will keep it in mind.

Good list. My list of bass players would also include Geddy Lee and Billy Sheehan. I'm also a huge fan of Lemmy, not necessarily because of his playing ability but just because he's a badass...

If you haven't listened to Michael Manring play, the dude is very tasty!

[video=youtube;379-PrNOkZM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=379-PrNOkZM[/video]

Back
Top Bottom