Philbin on the way out? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Philbin on the way out?

ESPN is located in Bristol, Connecticut, not South Florida. They are all Patriot fans up there, so of course someone there might be saying, "I could see the Dolphins firing Philbin." This is like believing what some hack at Bleacher Report is saying. :lol:

I live in Connecticut....

Word is also that I may run into Heidi Klum on the street and she could fall in love with me madly, and we will both live our lives together in erotic bliss. It's uncomfirmed but it could happen.

It really needs to happen like this:

1. Fire Jeff Ireland - Why hasn't this happened yet?
2. Hire new GM
3. Let new GM decide what to do with the coaching staff.

If we ram Philbin down a New GM's throat it could limit our choices. The new GM has to be given full control to do what he wants to do. 3 weeks ago before blowing the 2 most important games of the season and totally laying an egg in both, it was said that in league circles folks felt Philbin was doing a great job keeping the team together despite the distractions. If this is true maybe a new GM is willing to work with him but we must let the new GM decide. We'll learn a lot about what league circles feel about Ryan Tannehill by seeing what GM/Coach is willing to hitch their wagon too him.

I don't know how much truth there is to this but my buddy who works at ESPN is saying that the feeling around there is Philbin may be fired today. Just figured I would share.

It's normal for this forum to bash people.. I'm waiting for the news from a press conference, good or bad. Thanks for the info.

if you fire Ireland then Philbin will have to go as well. Can't bring in a good GM and tell him this is his coach. I am on the fence about Philbin. Is constant turn over working?

I think you could just fire Ireland and then allow the new GM to decide if he wants to work with Philbin or not. Ross could even let the new GM know when he is interviewing him that he gets to decide his fate or not. You never know if the new GM would like him or not.

It really needs to happen like this:
If we ram Philbin down a New GM's throat it could limit our choices. The new GM has to be given full control to do what he wants to do. 3 weeks ago before blowing the 2 most important games of the season and totally laying an egg in both, it was said that in league circles folks felt Philbin was doing a great job keeping the team together despite the distractions. If this is true maybe a new GM is willing to work with him but we must let the new GM decide. We'll learn a lot about what league circles feel about Ryan Tannehill by seeing what GM/Coach is willing to hitch their wagon too him.

That's just sad though, because even after the Patriots game most of us could still recognize that Philbin was a terrible gameday coach and we were losing games because of him. Philbin's one single positive is that he got the team to weather a storm, at least for a little while, but it's ironic that a better coach may have never had issues with that storm in the first place.

I don't look at a coach who scraps together a workable offensive line midseason using mostly players that were failing at an historic rate, I wonder why you were so poor to begin the season.

@ArmandoSalguero: 'As of this afternoon Stephen Ross and Joe Philbin have never discussed whether coach would return for '14. Assumed by both he would.' Ridiculous.

I hope not I still like Philbin. He's had a few lapses in judgement, but it's hard to win with a clown. That clown being Mike Sherman!!! What a joke he is. 4th and inches and a qb sneak isn't even in the playbook. Instead let's run a stretch to Daniel Thomas. 2nd and 10 = no gain run too. I'm not saying the defense was great, but teams that ran the ball well imposed their will in the 3rd or 4th qtrs. this due to the offense not being able to stay on the field due to our bozo OC. Sherman handicapped this offense. Phillip wheeler is the biggest bum too. I wasn't super down on ellerbe, but after that effort on Geno Smith I can't say I like him either. Bottom line is Sherman has to go.

well.. I have a friend at Merrill Lynch and he heard rumors that Philbin will not be fired

Mike Sherman, OL coach need to be fired. OL needs rebuilding and get Wheeler the heck out of here.

I hope not I still like Philbin. He's had a few lapses in judgement, but it's hard to win with a clown. That clown being Mike Sherman!!! What a joke he is. 4th and inches and a qb sneak isn't even in the playbook. Instead let's run a stretch to Daniel Thomas. 2nd and 10 = no gain run too. I'm not saying the defense was great, but teams that ran the ball well imposed their will in the 3rd or 4th qtrs. this due to the offense not being able to stay on the field due to our bozo OC. Sherman handicapped this offense. Phillip wheeler is the biggest bum too. I wasn't super down on ellerbe, but after that effort on Geno Smith I can't say I like him either. Bottom line is Sherman has to go.

thats on your head coach, he can change the play...

thats also on tannehill, he could have changed the play and should be smart enough to realize your running games hasnt done crap...a real qb would want the ball in his hands for that play...

I'm going to go put the trash out at the curb right now. If there's any symmetry in the world, Ireland and Philbin will be fired by the time I get back.

The dolphins and hurricanes unfortunately have become totally irrelevant in the football world, the *****fication of these teams are complete........for sure Ireland, Philbin and his whole staff should be fired and if Ross had cojones he would............unfortunately that will not occur and these guys will still be in denial as to how worthless this team has become............

Back
Top Bottom