Philbins post game speech | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Philbins post game speech

I just can't help but feel that Philbin is a liability for this team...

The Dolphins were blowing the Bears out today and he was still coaching scared. Against top teams and QBs, the Dolphins would have lost today, just like they lost last Sunday against Rodgers. I almost felt like the team won in spite of him today. Today's victory seemed to be mostly about the offensive playcalling, the QB's performance and the overall performance of the Defense. While he is ultimately responsible for those things, I feel that any other coach, including known losers like Sparano and Cameron, would have had the same results if they were on the sideline instead of Philbin.

What I saw was a team aggressively going for a 3 score lead, maybe even too aggressively because we were snapping the ball with 17 seconds on the clock, and almost always leaving 10 on the clock. What you saw was coaching scared. How can we have such a different point of view?

What I saw was a team aggressively going for a 3 score lead, maybe even too aggressively because we were snapping the ball with 17 seconds on the clock, and almost always leaving 10 on the clock. What you saw was coaching scared. How can we have such a different point of view?

Did you not watch the end of the half?

That was nice to see.

Now if he could just leave that Harry Potter kid alone....

Agreed, didn't see coaching scared today.
We scored, ran the ball down their throats, tried out 8-9 different receivers and spread out the attack. Let Tanne run on some designed runs and rollouts. That was playing creative and cracking open the playbook. Philbin trusted his coordinators and kept the pressure on the whole game.
Good game by Joe, and I'm not a staunch Joe supporter at all. I hope he learns from this kind of turn-around in his gameplanning and sees how it really makes this team dangerous.

2 field goal tries, and punting at the end of the first half, yeah, perhaps, but Chicago was also lookin for momentum any way they could. If Sturgis makes the one FG that wasn't blocked, that would have put us at 30-14 on the day, well out of comeback reach in-all.

Watching his post game speech even when they play good, is still uninspiring. He just does not have it as a coach. Players just standing around waiting for him to finish up.

The jaguars HC is much better at speeches. lol

you guys here....seriously reaching.

That's was a complete crap speech. That sucked so bad I could barely listen to it. And at the end, did you hear all the players enthusiasm? There wasn't any. No hootin and hollerin.

All this talk about the organization blah, blah, blah... What total crap. That to me sounded completely scripted and unauthentic. Like Ross and Aponte were sitting in the background scowling at the guy to tote the party line.

I don't care what anyone says. I don't care what the record turns out to be this year. He's not head coaching material. We are winning in spite of him, not because of him. He looks like he should be captain of the geek squad, not head coach of a the football squad.

Other than Cam Cameron, we have never had a coach I'd like fired more.

Can't wait.

Philbin... Stop with the 2 sentence and clap crap. Also, our players did this. Our OC did this not you or the manaegment/ownership.

Philbin... Stop with the 2 sentence and clap crap. Also, our players did this. Our OC did this not you or the manaegment/ownership.

Exactly. Locker room speeches should be for the men on the field first and foremost. The guys who get the blown out knees, concussions etc. The PRODUCT people are paying for and supporting. Philbin can use any meeting during the week to fluff management.

I just don't see how that speech gets anyone excited. The guys in that locker room just played their butts off and came out with a win, and he is praising the administration and owners. The guys don't need to hear that. Tell them how great They were and build on that. I am a coach as well, and that is not a speech that I would ever give. Stop kissing Ross' a$$ and praise your players!

Who gives a **** what he says obv whatever they did to prepare throughout the week worked and got a big win!! I can't believe people on here actually make a big deal about a post game speech haha.

Chuck Pagano gave his teams game ball to his drunk owner welcoming him back after being suspended but we criticize Philbin for this????

If I had to guess, he's trying to build a culture that players buy into, moreso than just a winning football team, kinda like how companies do with their employees to make them proud to work there. He's trying to make them realize it's not just a team win, but a win for the franchise. Not saying it always works (I roll my eyes 100x whenever I'm in a corporate-run meeting at work) but I get the idea.
And who knows, Ross may have told Philbin to say that stuff.

I just can't help but feel that Philbin is a liability for this team...

The Dolphins were blowing the Bears out today and he was still coaching scared. Against top teams and QBs, the Dolphins would have lost today, just like they lost last Sunday against Rodgers. I almost felt like the team won in spite of him today. Today's victory seemed to be mostly about the offensive playcalling, the QB's performance and the overall performance of the Defense. While he is ultimately responsible for those things, I feel that any other coach, including known losers like Sparano and Cameron, would have had the same results if they were on the sideline instead of Philbin.

Agree, still not big on Philbin, but its flat out wrong to say we were coaching scared. Thats what we did against GB. That was not the case this week.

Back
Top Bottom