Philbins post game speech | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Philbins post game speech

[/COLOR]of all the crap people talk online, moaning about victory speeches has to be the worst. bill belichick is a real first class orator :rolleyes2: and he has done ok

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree, still not big on Philbin, but its flat out wrong to say we were coaching scared. Thats what we did against GB. That was not the case this week.

And even that is not true. We actually took one of the more aggressive paths on our final series vs Green Bay. But carry on.

Was not bad at all, and if there was a death in front office, wholly appropriate. But really, as long as he's winning, he can come out and just say "see you monday" for all I care.

Chuck Pagano gave his teams game ball to his drunk owner welcoming him back after being suspended but we criticize Philbin for this????

Yeah, I laughed.

Irsay: "Wait, you mean this kind of rock? Dang."

Seemed like he was making an offering to the admin gods to keep his job. Wake looks like he whats going on, that that speech was bs.
Thanking the admin coaches and staff? C'mon man, the players went out and punched all day.

I see nothing wrong with the speech. The message was we are building a strong organization from the brass to the players, and it showed today...let's do everything we can to make it succeed.

Frankly, I'd be worried if our coaches and players were super hyped at this point. We need the blue collar attitude of not getting too excited. If we can take care of business in Jacksonville and then take care of SD at home, then let's get pumped. The Bears win is a good win, but the team (mainly coaches) has still underperformed up to this point.

He sounds like the coach reindeer who says Rudolph can't play in any more Reindeer games in the Rudolph claymation. "We won't let Rudolph play in any more reindeer games Right?....Right." Yes I know I need help, but that is who he sounds like hehe.

What about the boss (Gary Cole) in Office Space?

Here's your motivational speech fella's...

[video=youtube;Y1x9oO6oD7w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1x9oO6oD7w[/video]

Happy? Sweet. Now let's move on to more important things like game planning, x's & o's, and winning football games.

On a scale of 1-10 how much of a difference does a post-game speech make in winning the game?

You mean in winning the next game? Good words can go far. I don't really hear any of those types of words though, so hopefully the come at different times.

here's your motivational speech fella's...

[video=youtube;y1x9oo6od7w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1x9oo6od7w[/video]

happy? Sweet. Now let's move on to more important things like game planning, x's & o's, and winning football games.

wow

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

:bugeye::bugeye:

The clip I saw on the Dolphins web site was 1 minute 7 seconds long. It's clearly edited for time. To criticize it makes no sense to me.

Just to be clear, I was not criticizing the speech, I actually thought it was the best speech I ever heard him make. He was not reading off a script, he seemed more sincere and emphatic then in the past. Now this is Joe Philbin so even his good pep talks are pretty drab and quite frankly I think post game speeches are over rated anyhow.

wow

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

:bugeye::bugeye:

I don't think it is the location, but a lot of that (for anyone who's ever been) reminds me of Boulder, CO. :chuckle:

Back
Top Bottom