"Phillip Merling Looked SICK" | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Phillip Merling Looked SICK"

How about using regular words where SICK means SICK as in ill. BAD means bad, as in not good? Sick does not mean great or even good in the English language. Bad does not mean good. How about using regular english that regular people understand? This is NOT the Jim Rome Show. Hearing that Philip Merling looked SICK does NOT get me excited...I know you were just passing along what you heard on the radio.

Adverbs can come in many forms in the english language.

Example: He Looked sick.

Verb= looked subject= He

Sick would be an adverb and is used to modify the verb which is looked.. We can use "That was a great player, didn't you see how sick the Defensive end looked", for it describes how sickly or freakish the player is in an outstanding way.

Sorry but your comments are closed minded.

If he looks sick then why is he out there? What have the team doctors said? Anything from the FO?

And no, I refuse to lower myself to that of that immature "its opposite". I think our mothers and fathers deserve better.

Now then, if you're saying he looked great then why not just come out and say it?

Booooooo, stop crying.

And no, I refuse to lower myself to that of that immature "its opposite". I think our mothers and fathers deserve better..

That is odd, my grandfather who is a WWII vet, believes you have to change with your times to stay relevant. He uses words that have morphed in meaning somewhat.

My father and mother were the "cool" parents when i was growing up so I dont think they are dissapointed.

Matter of fact, I believe stodgy people have limited their perceptions to believe "their"way is the only "right" way. I am sure you and/or your parents used whatever was the prevailing slang of their time, don't hold it against others for doing the same. Be more accomodating and change with the times...

And as for the English language, read some books from a few hundred years ago and tell me if you talk like that. If you draw a line at using the language correctly why do you get to set the bar at the version YOU use which was not the original either.

Lastly, language is a form of communication. It changes as needed (or wed all speak Latin and Chinese). While I dont think it is a great idea I would not be suprised to see if morph into a more phonetical spelling over the next few hundred years.

i don't know how good he looked because i didn't see him but i sure hope he looked SICK, PHAT, GREAT, the shiznit, grand pubah or any other phrase.

on the live palm beach post practice blog for this mornings practice there is a poster who states philip merling only did 15 reps of 225 at the combine. can anyone confirm this???

i hope he's wrong.

on the live palm beach post practice blog for this mornings practice there is a poster who states philip merling only did 15 reps of 225 at the combine. can anyone confirm this???

i hope he's wrong.

Wikipedia says it was 17 Reps. Not much better, but that's not everything, I guess.

i do say ole chap that one philip merling looked quite chipper and top drawer today. Is that better.

i hope he's wrong.
At the combine, Merling measured 6-4 276 and did 17 reps on the bench press.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=58111

You have to take into consideration how much Merling's undiagnosed (at the time) sports hernia affected his pre and post combine workouts.

functional strength. still not very impressive. wr eddie royal did 20 plus reps at 185.
The combine bench press is not an accurate measure of a player's functional strength. A person with good technique can potentially out lift someone stronger than them.

Back
Top Bottom