Phillip Merling out for the year, Marcus Spears could be next? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phillip Merling out for the year, Marcus Spears could be next?

I guess the unasked question regarding Spears is; Would Spears flourish in Nolan version of the 3-4?

Saban at LSU used Spears as DE/DT inside/outside if I remember correctly. Spears in Paul P's versions 3-4 has been underwhelming.

Any guesses on Spears in Nolan 3-4? Worth 5th rounder? Maybe stunting another guys development?

I fully believe that if Moses were to gain a relatively modest amount of weight, maybe about 10 pounds over the next three months, he could pinch hit at 3-4 RDE, or as a down linemen on some of our nickel plays. That's what I think. I'm not going to slap fight over whether a guy is 272 or 288, if he has the things going for him he needs. Most people wouldn't think Jay Ratliff or Randy Starks could play the nose either.

Hey if we move Moses to DE where does that leave us at OLB. The only names left on the roster would be Anderson and Walden if Wake or Msi go down with a injury.

i'm not gonna lie olb scares me...scares the **** out of me...if misi isn't ready we could be fubarred...and if wake can't play a starting wolb what next??? i'll tell ya what next....fubarred lol

i'm gonna hope for the best...

ya, the olb position could be a disaster. if you want to be a good 3-4, you have to pressure the qb from the outside. i know they are building inside out, maybe we sign or draft some more olb's next year. i hope so anyway.

Does anyone else notice something about mysterious injuries to players over the last year?

Remember Roth sitting out for so long for some undisclosed injury? Then traded.

Then last regular season game Henne has some strange finger problem that we never hear anything more about...enter Pat White.

Now this Achilles heel with Merling.......

Makes me want to say...hmmmmmmm?

Does anyone else notice something about mysterious injuries to players over the last year?

Remember Roth sitting out for so long for some undisclosed injury? Then traded.

Then last regular season game Henne has some strange finger problem that we never hear anything more about...enter Pat White.

Now this Achilles heel with Merling.......

Makes me want to say...hmmmmmmm?

:abduction:

Hey if we Moses to DE where does that leave us at OLB. The only names left on the roster would be Anderson and Walden if Wake or Msi go down.

Yeah that's the big problem. Like I originally said it depends on what talents are out there that they like. If there were an OLB out there they liked, they could sign him and have Moses play some DL in the nickel sets. If there's a DE, they could sign him and stand pat. They liked Marques Douglas, so they signed him and stood pat.

Back
Top Bottom