Phillip Rivers has an UGLY delivery | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phillip Rivers has an UGLY delivery

enigmatics

Go get me a juice box!
Reaction score
tx_rivers_getty-1.jpg

I'm sorry, but this is the ugliest release I've seen since Kosar. I think NFL pro's would relish batting these low-released passes down.

Let his delivery serve as an example of why you Dad's out there should NOT let your kids throw Balls that are too big for their age group. Rivers grew up going to his Dad's Football Practices (Dad's a coach) and he used to throw the high school sized football all the time, hence the poor form.

Kids need to throw a ball made for their hand size and arm strength. Same goes for shooting a basketball.

Originally posted by enigmatics
tx_rivers_getty-1.jpg

I'm sorry, but this is the ugliest release I've seen since Kosar. I think NFL pro's would relish batting these low-released passes down.
I wonder how Kosar did in the NFL?

Ozzy rules!!

I my self, have the same type of side arm release... and Im a lefty. I think its cool... Rich Gannon does the sling shot... so did Kosar, it's not all bad. The Problem is contol when drilling it. After while it really it starts to mess your elbow up.. and consistancy starts falter. Other than than that, its great for the intermidiate passing game.

Re: Re: Phillip Rivers has an UGLY delivery

Originally posted by Danny

I wonder how Kosar did in the NFL?

Ozzy rules!!

I remember that Kosar was the man in Madden whenever it was that he was on the Dolphins. When the D caught on to what I did with Dan, I'd pop Bernie in and continue lighting them up...

On the serious note, I thought exactly what you posted when I saw the Kosar comparison. That's like the opposite of damning with faint praise or something. If you want to make the point that he's a bust, find a way to compare him to Leaf or Browning Neagle or somebody...

Wow that pic makes it look painful. Seriously...it looks like it would hurt. I wonder how it will effect him in the long run? I hope he doesn't get arthritis or something :(

That "ugly" release allows him to get rid of the ball twice as fast as the normal over the top motion. Everywhere he's gone he's proven he can win. I for one would love to see him in a Dolphins uniform competing with AJ Feely in training camp.

Here's hoping Pittsburgh and Buffalo go DB and Receiver respectively. That way when all the pro-Rivers fans are proven right, it will be at the expense of Miami Dolphins' opponents.

Originally posted by enigmatics
tx_rivers_getty-1.jpg

lmao:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by miamirw
That "ugly" release allows him to get rid of the ball twice as fast as the normal over the top motion. Everywhere he's gone he's proven he can win.

:eek: No way hes a bust :eek:

:sr23: :sr23: well at least you were talking about his throwing motion and not his bowel habits! Dolfanreal69

Did anyone see last year when the Texans aired shots of David Carr throwing over a tall ladder to shake his crappy side-arm form? That was one of the coolest drills and it broke the habit real fast. The side arm just isn't made for this league on such a constant basis. Maybe it can be used when a DT is right in their face, but for the most part it always results in batted balls and INT's for the front four occasionally.

BTW, What don't you understand about what Ricky said, miamirw? We are NOT GOING QB 1st round

True, unless we start some ugly rumors about drug-use or ephedra abuse and maybe Eli would fall like Danny did in 83 ??? (LOL, just kidding tho).

About Rivers motion, that is something that can be corrected...He does have all the intangibles to be a top notch QB in the NFL...he'll be fun to watch as he progresses...unfortunately, he'll be playing against us some time in the future and not for us...If we had the number of picks in the draft that NE has, we would take him or Eli or Ben in a heartbeat tho...

Back
Top Bottom