Phins Add Another TE - Joey Fortson | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins Add Another TE - Joey Fortson

Jody, not Joey

Skinny guy who looks the part and who is every bit as fluid as Gesicki is a clod

He'll make a play here and there. But the ongoing problem is that the NFL overrates that body type and skill set for the tight end position. I warned about that with Kyle Pitts leading to that draft. No matter what it looks like it's not going to fully translate or even come close. The only guy who made it happen was the original Kellen Winslow. That example screwed up NFL scouting departments for the past 30+ years. They keep over drafting guys like Ebron and Njoku and Pitts. For whatever reason the square build pinball types translate best, especially when they own tenacity and athletic arrogance.

Competing for the TE4 job with Conner... but we might not even carry 4 this year.

Think he’s competing for TE3 with Hill and Conner. We obviously learned a lesson last year — you can’t just abstain from having a tight end capable of catching passes.

Hard to get a lot of catches playing behind Kelsey but I’m sure they didn’t break the bank to sign him.
Excuse me, it's Kelce. She's not fu#@ing the guy from Frasier.

Taylor is so not hanging out with you by the pool this summer...

Last edited:
He's actually really good from a statline. Playing behind Kelce but rock solid TE.
Agree. You could start for most teams if your a TE behind Kelce or center fielder behind Willie Mays.
I remember Kareem Abdul Jabbar was asked who was the best center he ever played against and he said his back up. Don’t remember the guys name, but he backed up Jabar for I think 3 years.

He's another tweener like Higgins was. He played WR in college and KC basically used him as a big slot.

If he makes the team, he may take on the role of the 6th WR and 4th TE simultaneously.

He's not a horrible bet, and I read somewhere that we gave him some guaranteed money to sign here. I wish I could remember where I saw that... but have slept since then.

Always with the injuries.
Such a stupid narrative. Miami signs one guy this offseason coming off an injury and it’s “Miami only signs injured players”.
First off, every team signs previously injured players. Secondly, it’s a good way to find value in contracts when signing talented players coming off an injury. That narrative is so tired.

He's another tweener like Higgins was. He played WR in college and KC basically used him as a big slot.

If he makes the team, he may take on the role of the 6th WR and 4th TE simultaneously.

He's not a horrible bet, and I read somewhere that we gave him some guaranteed money to sign here. I wish I could remember where I saw that... but have slept since then.
Yeah. Probably hoping he can become what they wanted when they traded for that stiff Claypool.

Last edited:
I know it's another skill set and don't know how fluid he is in his route running, but couldn't he be tried at receiver?

We really could use a big receiver, and with his height/Weight distribution, I am hoping athletically he can make the transition to give us that big receiver that can block well, or go over the middle..

Back
Top Bottom