Phins Add Another TE - Joey Fortson | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins Add Another TE - Joey Fortson

Such a stupid narrative. Miami signs one guy this offseason coming off an injury and it’s “Miami only signs injured players”.
First off, every team signs previously injured players. Secondly, it’s a good way to find value in contracts when signing talented players coming off an injury. That narrative is so tired.
Not just my opinion.

Not just my opinion.
Yeah it is. Miami is no different than every other team in the NFL. Almost every player in the league has an injury history going all the way back to college. It’s almost impossible to draft or sign guys that don’t have an injury history. It’s the nature of the game. A perfect example is San Francisco trading for an often injured Christian McCaffrey. He hasn’t had an injury since playing for them.

Yeah it is. Miami is no different than every other team in the NFL. Almost every player in the league has an injury history going all the way back to college. It’s almost impossible to draft or sign guys that don’t have an injury history. It’s the nature of the game. A perfect example is San Francisco trading for an often injured Christian McCaffrey. He hasn’t had an injury since playing for them.
The risk reward with McCaffrey.. a future HOF player has no relationship to a guy like Fortson. Either way, many fans have said Grier seems to sign an inordinate number of preinjured players. I’m not making this up.

The risk reward with McCaffrey.. a future HOF player has no relationship to a guy like Fortson. Either way, many fans have said Grier seems to sign an inordinate number of preinjured players. I’m not making this up.
Yes you are. You have no idea how many guys that have been drafted or signed by other teams have an injury history. You read that Miami has signed a guy that was previously injured and it’s confirmation bias without knowing how other teams in the league operate. The McCaffrey situation is still a perfect example of what I was saying. McCaffrey was no way whatsoever a HOF player with his injury history. In fact it was more likely that he would be out of the league now with the way his career was headed with all of the injuries he had suffered. All teams take gambles on inured players. Some pay off and some don’t.

This is the "NFL" (Not For Losers).
A lot of "NFL" players get hurt each year, and for many, more than once a year. - LOL

Yes you are. You have no idea how many guys that have been drafted or signed by other teams have an injury history. You read that Miami has signed a guy that was previously injured and it’s confirmation bias without knowing how other teams in the league operate. The McCaffrey situation is still a perfect example of what I was saying. McCaffrey was no way whatsoever a HOF player with his injury history. In fact it was more likely that he would be out of the league now with the way his career was headed with all of the injuries he had suffered. All teams take gambles on inured players. Some pay off and some don’t.
Somewhat respectfully, you have little cred if you think McCaffrey isn’t a 1st ballot HOF. Gale Sayers played I believe 6 seasons.. 1st ballot. Dwight Stevenson had a shorter career… HOF. And…. And you can take your confirmation bias BS and attach it to yourself. My original statement is true. Grier has signed or drafted a significant number of players with previous and significant injury histories, Armstead being an extreme but valid example. The Fins bid against themselves. No one else bit on him for 2 months.

Last edited:
It seems to confuse some folks who can't determine if I'm laughing with them or at them.
I actually don’t care either way. I just think is like a nervous laugh. Regardless, yours was a valid point, as opposed to RickD who seems to have a vendetta. Whatever.

Somewhat respectfully, you have little cred if you think McCaffrey isn’t a 1st ballot HOF. Game Sayers played I believe 6 seasons.. 1st ballot. Dwight Stevenson had a shorter career… HOF. And…. And you can take your confirmation bias BS and attach it to yourself. My original statement is true. Grier has signed or drafted a significant number of players with previous and significant injury histories, Armstead being an extreme but valid example. The Fins bid against themselves. No one else bit on him for 2 months.
Okay. Name all the so called players with “significant” injuries that Grier has drafted or signed other than Tua and Armstead. Even Armstead’s injury history was factored into his salary.

Last edited:
Sometimes it's both.
True!!!
I was going to mention that in my initial post but wanted to see if anyone noticed.

Someone noticed.

I therefor proclaim that "Feverdream" is now officially someone.
Do I need to inform immigration? - LOL

Back
Top Bottom