phins.com projected depth chart | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

phins.com projected depth chart

We talked about that rediculous depth chart a few weeks ago. Do a search on it and look at what some other people had to say about it.

This guy just flipped a friggin coin, and said well it looks like "player x" is going to be in the starting line up.

MofoPhin said:
booker over boston
mcdougal over st. clair
vernon at LT
kevin carter over vonnie

other than that its alright. i like wes welker at backup kicker.:rofl3:

Well the man can kick if it comes down too it, he's all ready proven it, he's a special teams god.

Well, without looking at the list, it sounds like they have Holliday starting opposite of Taylor correct? If so, I agree with that. Carter will be used as a T but probably only on passing downs. I suppose he could slide outside for running plays but Holliday is built more like a DE now. Carter is bigger and will be used a little more in different spots. For the money we are aying ih, it would be nice to say he is a starter though.

MofoPhin said:
booker over boston
mcdougal over st. clair
vernon at LT
kevin carter over vonnie

other than that its alright. i like wes welker at backup kicker.:rofl3:

As I said when I posted the depth chart two weeks before this week's minicamp, it was almost totally a guess on my part. After what we've heard from this weekend, I'd make a couple of changes, but not too many.

Booker over Boston? I doubt it - Boston has loads more talent and as long as he stays healthy, he should start and put Booker in the slot.

McDougle over St.Clair at right tackle - possibly. McDougle seems to have a chip on his shoulder about his experience in Detroit and that may put enough fire in his belly to get him to actually use his talent. But St.Clair has a better history of working hard, whereas McDougle has a history of not living up to his talent. Anyone who doesn't give 100% for Nick Saban won't be starting.

Vernon at LT - Nothing in Vernon's history suggests that he's ready to start at left tackle. But then again, nobody else on the roster has a good history there, either. Houck had worked with MacIntosh at SD and made him a decent player. When guessing, go with the veteran over the youngster.

Holliday over Carter - that was the toughest call of all. But while Carter has played on that side, he's more experienced on the right. I think that both JT and Carter will play a lot on the right side and you'll see JT listed as the starter there, but Carter will line up at that position more.

Remember, too, that the designation of a starter - especially on defense, where the Dolphins only play the "starting" defense on 30-40% of the plays - is mostly a prestige title - not a reflection of the number of downs a player actually plays.

This past weekend was interesting, but until the pads go on, we really know nothing about how the players will perform. When Vernon Carey starts having to deal with JT on every other play, he may not turn out to be the savior at LT.

Curt

Phinscom said:
As I said when I posted the depth chart two weeks before this week's minicamp, it was almost totally a guess on my part. After what we've heard from this weekend, I'd make a couple of changes, but not too many.

Booker over Boston? I doubt it - Boston has loads more talent and as long as he stays healthy, he should start and put Booker in the slot.

McDougle over St.Clair at right tackle - possibly. McDougle seems to have a chip on his shoulder about his experience in Detroit and that may put enough fire in his belly to get him to actually use his talent. But St.Clair has a better history of working hard, whereas McDougle has a history of not living up to his talent. Anyone who doesn't give 100% for Nick Saban won't be starting.

Vernon at LT - Nothing in Vernon's history suggests that he's ready to start at left tackle. But then again, nobody else on the roster has a good history there, either. Houck had worked with MacIntosh at SD and made him a decent player. When guessing, go with the veteran over the youngster.

Holliday over Carter - that was the toughest call of all. But while Carter has played on that side, he's more experienced on the right. I think that both JT and Carter will play a lot on the right side and you'll see JT listed as the starter there, but Carter will line up at that position more.

Remember, too, that the designation of a starter - especially on defense, where the Dolphins only play the "starting" defense on 30-40% of the plays - is mostly a prestige title - not a reflection of the number of downs a player actually plays.

This past weekend was interesting, but until the pads go on, we really know nothing about how the players will perform. When Vernon Carey starts having to deal with JT on every other play, he may not turn out to be the savior at LT.

Curt

You're right. Many things will change once the pads go on. But Boston over Booker still does not seem right. Boston hasn't played in over a year! Booker has already developed some chemistry with A.J, he may not have the talent of Boston But, he is pretty damn close. Booker is a big fast reciever just like Boston and he has the stats to back it up. Booker will start in Game one, and it will be his job to lose.

One other thing. I think having Chester start is also a reach. Don't get me wrong, I would be thrilled if Chester could heal that quickly and start day 1. I just don't see it happening. We are a month away from T.C and he is still extremely overweight and not even sure if he will be able to recover from his knee injury. Look for Carter to line up inside more than expected.

Phinscom said:

Curt

When it comes to Houck and the OL I think anything is possible. I think Carey could play LT. He has some experience at it, and has an OL coach who has turned undrafted FA into starters.
I think that if Carter isnt going to line up at LDE opposite Taylor that he will line up at RDT beside Taylor. Thus supplanting Larry Chester. This gives us the ability to shift to a 3-4 defense with no personel changes. Carter will become the RDE and Taylor the ROLB. So to not have Carter on the list is just wrong.
The starting WR job is Bookers to lose. Boston hasnt played in over a year, and is coming off knee surgery. So to say that he will be the starter is just asinine.

Boston may overtake Booker if he can get his old form back. and i say IF.

Nicky Napoleon said:
When it comes to Houck and the OL I think anything is possible. I think Carey could play LT. He has some experience at it, and has an OL coach who has turned undrafted FA into starters.
I think that if Carter isnt going to line up at LDE opposite Taylor that he will line up at RDT beside Taylor. Thus supplanting Larry Chester. This gives us the ability to shift to a 3-4 defense with no personel changes. Carter will become the RDE and Taylor the ROLB. So to not have Carter on the list is just wrong.
The starting WR job is Bookers to lose. Boston hasnt played in over a year, and is coming off knee surgery. So to say that he will be the starter is just asinine.

The only thing asinine here is proclaiming that you know who will be the starter. The simple truth is that Boston is much more talented that Booker and is better suited to lining up outside in Linehan's offense because he's the better deep threat. Booker is more of a possession receiver than Boston. The big question is not whether or not Boston is the better receiver - the big question is whether or not he can stay healthy.

And you can forget that Booker has experience with Feeley - Feeley isn't likely to be the starter in September unless Frerotte is injured.

You are right about Houck and the offensive line - anything is possible. But right now, he's experimenting to see what he's got. You can't take anything definite away from what happened this past weekend.

Larry Chester is a question mark, no doubt. But again, if he's healthy, then he and Traylor make quite a pair on the inside in a 4-3 alignment.

What a bad depth chart. This guy has David Bowens ahead of Matt ROth. I dont think that is going to hold true. St.Claire over McDougal is idiotic as well.

What a bad depth chart.

Let's see yours and see how many people agree. It's all speculation until September 11th.

This guy has David Bowens ahead of Matt ROth.

Well, that's because he is correct. Rookies don't get automatically penciled in as starters because they won some bar fight ;) . NFL.com has DBowens above Roth on their Dolphins depth chart and it makes perfect sense right now.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/depthcharts/MIA

Depth charts are subject to change. They haven't even put on pads yet.

I dont think that is going to hold true. St.Claire over McDougal is idiotic as well.

Idiotic? Interesting comment from someone who knows so much about the players that he can't even spell the name correctly. McDougle wasn't a Pro Bowler that was guaranteed a starting job unless I missed something. Personally, I think McDougle will start, but that's pure speculation.

This team was 4-12 last year. They have a new GM, Head Coach, and coaching staff. Anyone who thinks they know exactly who is going to start is kidding themselves. Phins.com took a guess and can justify each decision. Props to them.

Phinscom said:
The only thing asinine here is proclaiming that you know who will be the starter. The simple truth is that Boston is much more talented that Booker and is better suited to lining up outside in Linehan's offense because he's the better deep threat. Booker is more of a possession receiver than Boston. The big question is not whether or not Boston is the better receiver - the big question is whether or not he can stay healthy.

And you can forget that Booker has experience with Feeley - Feeley isn't likely to be the starter in September unless Frerotte is injured.

You are right about Houck and the offensive line - anything is possible. But right now, he's experimenting to see what he's got. You can't take anything definite away from what happened this past weekend.

Larry Chester is a question mark, no doubt. But again, if he's healthy, then he and Traylor make quite a pair on the inside in a 4-3 alignment.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/BookMa00.htm

I'll take a healthy Booker over Boston for now. To say he is not much of a deep threat is innacurate. He averages over 10 yards a catch. Imo Chambers is our deep guy, on the other side we will need more of a Possesion/vertical threat tweener.

WestVirginiaFan said:
I really disagree with that!..

hey WVU man, its gonna be your boys, my school (Villanova), and UConn this year for the Big East bball title...cant wait for the season to start

Back
Top Bottom