Phins working on extension with Mike Pouncey | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins working on extension with Mike Pouncey

He was horrible last year at guard. I know he's better at center but he's also a little bit of a lose cannon plus bound to be suspended at some point unless he grows up. I'd wait on that.

Ozzy rules!!

Simply put: We play better as a unit without Pouncey.

Simply put: We're not a great offensive line with him, especially in the interior. Losing him is the exact opposite of what this team needs in order to build for the future.

how do we play better as a unit without him? is there any evidence of that whatsoever?

genuinely curious because I don't know where that's coming from

He's not a leader. Center is supposed to be you're best leader and worker. Pouncey is not that. Miami will never have a good offensive line as long as he is their starting center.

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

Dolphins have had a bad offensive line since 2011, who is the common denominator? Mike Pouncey.

:lol: Pouncey will forever be hated by the fans..

I for one, am very glad they're getting this extension done, especially on a down year and not a great year where we'd have no choice but to break the bank. Smart move and good job FO.

He's not a leader. Center is supposed to be you're best leader and worker. Pouncey is not that. Miami will never have a good offensive line as long as he is their starting center.

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

Dolphins have had a bad offensive line since 2011, who is the common denominator? Mike Pouncey.

well correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that the year the whole injury concerns began with Jake Long? he missed a few games, played through injuries, etc....

we didn't have a decent replacement for him until Albert....and until he went down our offensive line was playing pretty well....just a different line of thinking

Long was still very good his whole career with Miami the problem is Pouncey

Long was still very good his whole career with Miami the problem is Pouncey

How so, Pouncey is one of the top players at his position in the league? Don't care for the friends he keeps i.e. Hernandez but I'll give Pouncey the benefit of the doubt on trying to be loyal to a college teammate. All his childish tendencies aside which are becoming less seen he makes our team better and is a hard worker and great teammate imo.

how do we play better as a unit without him? is there any evidence of that whatsoever?

genuinely curious because I don't know where that's coming from

Well, for spits & giggles, we averaged 142 yds rush/g without Pouncey in the lineup and 109 yds rush/g with him. :idk:

Well **** he`s at the very least decent... and has shown he can be good/great... If you`re going to extend him, right now is the time coming off a so-so season... Hell I read posts all over the place saying we should yet again invest a 1st rounder for the OL, and then getting ripped by we cant keep investing so much in the OL... Its not like the FINS are this holy OL gurus that keep drafting pro bowl linemen in the 5th round year after year.... This is just like my city keeps hiring incompetent road makers over and over again and they keep re-building them every other year because they did a ****ty job... Moral of the story, we got ****ty roads...

Back
Top Bottom