Votes: 27 38.6%
  • C. Griffin CB/S

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • G. Blue S

Votes: 12 17.1%

• Total voters
utahphinsfan said:
Never assume.

Saban goes w/ an OT (Justice or McNeill) in round 1 and Cedric Griffin in round 2.

What's not to understand about "assume we draft Lawson."

It doesn't make it a fact. It's might not even be a prediction. It's an assumption, that's how they work.

I like Allen from the list. Saban likes the ability to play more than one position. If I've read correctly he can play S or CB. That would be a bonus plus he's fast, has good size and is a playmaker. I would be interested to see who we take in the first. If someone like Cromartie impresses at his proday and we take him or not. Would you go Safety in the second? I would if they are the best player there. This draft is going to be very interesting, especially if they ever get this damn CBA signed.

I'd be okay with any of them, not too crazy about Blue. I'd rather grab Ko Simpson in the 1st, Joseph or Marshall in the 2nd, then our secondary would be set for years to come. :D

SpeedRush99 said:
I'd be okay with any of them, not too crazy about Blue. I'd rather grab Ko Simpson in the 1st, Joseph or Marshall in the 2nd, then our secondary would be set for years to come. :D
I agree about Blue. When I seen him at the combine he just didn't have the feet the other DB's had. I think he's more of a run stuffer, I wouldn't want to see him get caught in coverage. I think his stock dropped since the combine.

Joseph for sure...Although I like Griffin(CB not safety)too....It would be great to get an additional 2nd.

I think Griffen would be a great pick up for our secondary. but not till the second, OT or LB at 16, unless we can trade down and get more picks

what is allens strenghts? does anyone know his 40 time btw?

SR 7 said:
He ran a 4.39 at the combine. He's a smart player, with good feet. He's had some injury problems in the past.

I live in SC and all i ever saw was highlights of USC Game****s games, and the way i saw it, Joseph was a quick CB and had great coverage skills...he always lined up against Sydney Rice (SEC Rookie of the Year) and would take him down in the coverage aspect....I think his phisicality would be a great addition to Saban's aggressive D....He played last year in a Spurrier D...(WEAK IMO) How do you think he'd do with better coaching?? +)

SR 7 said:

Allen is 6'2 210lbs... and ran a 4.35. He is a big physical CB... who also has the versatility to play Safety. He was forced to play Safety this past year because of a bunch of injuries to their secondary. However, he is more of a CB than a S. He was considered a top 15 pick before he got injured. While a big fan of this kid... I had him rated a little lower because I didnt know exactly how the injury had effected him. But during the combine... he put everything to rest.

He is a prototypical Saban CB...

Back
Top Bottom