Picking a College Team | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Picking a College Team

Exactly what you said:"The two people I have seen say something like this don't even live in Miami and yet claim to be Dolphins fans" and I was one of two Ohioians posted at that time. I just didn't want lumped together

LtDan said:
Exactly what you said:"The two people I have seen say something like this don't even live in Miami and yet claim to be Dolphins fans" and I was one of two Ohioians posted at that time. I just didn't want lumped together

Actually, I was referring to a previous post on the topic a few months ago which called non-hometown fans fake. It is the same post d-day was referring too. You never said anything of the sort and I never said anything to be derogatory to anyone from Ohio. The only reason Ohio came up on the post at all was because I was pointing out that he himself was not from Miami. Just a misunderstanding.

Gonzo said:
Actually, I was referring to a previous post on the topic a few months ago which called non-hometown fans fake. It is the same post d-day was referring too. You never said anything of the sort and I never said anything to be derogatory to anyone from Ohio. The only reason Ohio came up on the post at all was because I was pointing out that he himself was not from Miami. Just a misunderstanding.
cool!

LtDan said:
dumbest comment ever!

How's my post dumb? Bball team paid players and the football team has paid many players. Those were NCAA findings, not mine.

Phinz4Life said:
I've been watching college football extensively for the past two years now (before I watched the occasional game), and, like every sport, I want to have a favorite team. A team to follow and root for. Unfortunately, there aren't any big schools around me in upstate New York that have football teams that are any good.

How should I solve this little dilemma?

Edit: And my college is a D3 school with no football program..

Well my suggestion is to take 4 factors into account.
1. Pick a uniform and color scheme you like.
2. Pick an area where a college is that you like to either visit or want to live.
3. Pick a style of play that you like(it was more clear-cut 25 years ago when option and wishbone teams were plentiful).
4. Pick a school where you respect the educational reputatation.

Now under the 1st scenario when I was young UCLA, Tennessee, and Michigan were teams I liked due to the uniforms.

Under scenario 3, I liked the Spurrier run Gator teams, and the USC teams of John Robinson, the Howard Schellenberger Canes, and to some repect the BYU teams.

Under scenario 4 I have grown to like Virginia Tech a lot, since it is a similar university, as a polytechnic university, to my alma-mata, Cal Poly.

For Dolphins fans a team to like back in the late 80's and early 90's was Hawaii, since back then Hawaii wore similiar uniforms as the Dolphins did(nowdays they wear an ugly dark green and black uniform), and played in a nice tropical type town.

So use these factors to pick a team you will want to follow.

Stoy10 said:
How's my post dumb? Bball team paid players and the football team has paid many players. Those were NCAA findings, not mine.
How about a link to prove your crap!! I'll be waiting!! The basketball thing I will give you but I want to see these NCAA findings on the football team you are talking about. I'm sure Penn State has never done anyhitng wrong:rolleyes:

LtDan said:
How about a link to prove your crap!! I'll be waiting!! The basketball thing I will give you but I want to see these NCAA findings on the football team you are talking about. I'm sure Penn State has never done anyhitng wrong:rolleyes:

Touchy touchy :lol: :tongue:

Not touchy, just curious. I know Troy Smith got in trouble for taking $500 from a booster last year. Hopefully that is not what he is talking about because I will laugh in his face!

Phinz4Life said:
I've been watching college football extensively for the past two years now (before I watched the occasional game), and, like every sport, I want to have a favorite team. A team to follow and root for. Unfortunately, there aren't any big schools around me in upstate New York that have football teams that are any good.

How should I solve this little dilemma?

Edit: And my college is a D3 school with no football program..

You should root for UCF here in Orlando.

Why? Because when they make it big time (they are on their way), you can say that you rooted for them before they made it. :)

Stoy10 said:
Go with a Big Ten team. Since you're closest to Penn State that would be a good choice for you. If you want to help pay player salaries, then pick The Ohio State............
That is great. So True though so true

Dont choose Ohio State unless you like to support a crimnal org. with enough ties and money to pay off the rest of the crooked as@ NCAA investigators and high officials.

TerryTate said:
You should root for UCF here in Orlando.

Why? Because when they make it big time (they are on their way), you can say that you rooted for them before they made it. :)

Or you can just be like most people and say you rooted for them the whole time. Works for pats fans. :lol:

And what ever you do, don't go with Arizona State unless you want your hopes brought to the peak, then halfway through the season, thrown off that peak chained to a boulder wearing a raw steak suit into a sea of great white sharks.

AirFishOne said:
hey dude come join the Sooner Nation!!!!!!! :tongue:

born in Oklahoma where you are tought 3 things.

1. Love your family

2. Do good at what you do

3. Hate Texas, Oklahoma St., Nebraska, USC, and Miami with a Passion :fire:

Oklahoma? All they got there are steers and que...uh, you know how it goes. :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom