Picking a College Team | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Picking a College Team

Are you kidding me...easiest choice in the world....Penn State. I am from upstate NY and its less than a 4 hr drive to the best tailgating scene in the country hands down. They win every tailgate pole by a landslide, and have the second largest stadium in the country. And Beaver stadium is wayyyyyy louder than the pathetic big house in MI. Their fans dont even cheer, and I've been there to witness it. And let's not forget they still win with integrity, and without the convicts that most southern schools award scholarships too.

Jay131866 said:
And let's not forget they still win with integrity, and without the convicts that most southern schools award scholarships too.

Southern School Convicts:shakeno: , Boy we haven't heard that one before.
Bitter Yankee:D

Jay131866 said:
And let's not forget they still win with integrity, and without the convicts that most southern schools award scholarships too.

Nice stereotype. :shakeno:

Amen. I think thats the best way to come across a favorite team, rooting for the hometown boys. Any other way just seems kinda fake.

I think that this is what seperates college football from professional football.

Growing up in East Tennessee it is unthinkable to follow anyone but the University of Tennessee. I'm even from Steve Spurrier's hometown, went to his high school, and played high school football on a field that bares his name.

I'm big orange through and through, its just means more when you live and die, through the good times and the bad, with your family, your friends, your community.

My family has had football season tickets in their name for over 60 years and basketball for 30. Thats where my dad went to school and I went to school. Thats why I wore a orange cumberbun in my wedding and the band played "Rocky Top" after the ceremony.

When it was time for me to go to college I only filled out one application because I knew where I was going.

I love the Miami Dolphins, but being exiled as the only Dolphin fan in my area sucks. On the other hand everyone I work with and everyone that I hang out with loves the Big Orange... and that is very special to me. I am convinced that anyone else that follows a college football program across the country,that they have no connection to, can ever have that same feeling.

Anyway when you atch the Vols and the Wildcats on tv Tuesday night in Rupp Arena, look for me in the stands. :)

clear.gif

Look familiar Marino2Payton :p

Jay131866 said:
Are you kidding me...easiest choice in the world....Penn State. I am from upstate NY and its less than a 4 hr drive to the best tailgating scene in the country hands down. They win every tailgate pole by a landslide, and have the second largest stadium in the country. And Beaver stadium is wayyyyyy louder than the pathetic big house in MI. Their fans dont even cheer, and I've been there to witness it. And let's not forget they still win with integrity, and without the convicts that most southern schools award scholarships too.

Sorry to break this to you, but Tennessee's stadium is the second largest in the country. The tailgating poll must have been taken at Penn State only because I have never seen a poll where they are even top 5. I have been to both and The Big House is a very nice stadium and so is Beaver, but the difference is Penn State is in the middle of no where.

Is the no booing rule still in effect there?

No one should tell you who to rout for, But I can tell you with out a doubt in my mind that I am a GATOR thru and thru. I bleed Blue and Aqua. I will til the day I die. When I root for the Florida Gators is not because I live by them ( East TN ), But I did grow up in Tampa. I like the Gators Basketball team which is very good also. The Baseball team was the National runner up last year. All the sports we have there is great pride and even more than that is whatching the Gators that made it to the Olympics to represent our country. Picking a team is only something you can do, But the Gator Nation would be proud to have you. Just remember if your not a Gator then your GATORBAIT!!!

NorthFloridaFin said:
You would think a Die-Hard fan would know what their colors were.

Blue for the Gators and Aqua for the Dolphins. I am sorry I just thought people would know that since this is a Dolphin Website!!!

I've narrowed my decision to a few teams:

Penn State - JoPaaaa! I actually was rooting for them quite a bit this season because I thought they were an exciting, underdog team to watch.

UCLA - I could see myself living in Cali, and during the season I was a big fan of Maurice Drew (something about these short guys). Color scheme is pretty f-ing sweet too.

Florida Gators - Going from a purely cosmetic approach, those uniforms are suhweet. Not to mention it's such a heralded football program.

U of Miiiiami - I'm a Miami Dolphins fan, so why not stick with the same area I'd possibly like to live in some day? Bright future with Kyle Wright, I did watch his first game this season. :D

I'll let you guys battle it out- er, help me choose. :lol:

Now let me state for the record, I'm not looking to hop on any bandwagon. I don't like a team just to like a team. This way I can get into a team I do watch occasionally and watch them grow as I become older. I'll be learning that teams ins and outs. I won't just root for the team without learning everything there is to know. Well, most of the stuff.

Pick Notre Dame dude, no matter where you live in the country you can always watch them on tv.

Well there is No better footbal Conference then the SEC. The Only SEC school you had was the Florida Gators, But your final four our good. If you ever wanted to learn with a Team now is your chance with the Florida Gators. They just had the #1 recruiting class according to ESPN and that included Star dual threat QB Tim Tebow who will lead Urban Meyer's Spread Offense. They also just got the #1 player in the counrty Percy Harvin. They also got 5 star linebacker Brandon Spikes and 5 star lineman Carl Johnson. Urban Meyer is really starting something new and now is a great time to join the Gator Nation!

Stoy10 said:
Sorry to break this to you, but Tennessee's stadium is the second largest in the country. The tailgating poll must have been taken at Penn State only because I have never seen a poll where they are even top 5. I have been to both and The Big House is a very nice stadium and so is Beaver, but the difference is Penn State is in the middle of no where.

Is the no booing rule still in effect there?
Actually, 3rd largest

1)Michigan- 107,501
2)Penn St.- 107,282
3)Tenn- 104,079
4)Ohio St.- 101,568

Average attendance numbers for 2005 with % of capacity in ( )

1) Michigan- 110,915 (103.18%)
2) Tenn- 107,593 (103.38%)
3) Ohio St.- 105,017 (103.40%)
4) Penn St.-104,859 (98.42%)

Source:http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/Internet/attendance/ia_attendance.html

Back
Top Bottom