Pitts and Chase Pro day | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pitts and Chase Pro day

Most sprinters are pretty lean... it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Smith ran a lightning quick 40. He's built for it.

I absolutely love how we are supposedly settling for Smith..
Dude absolutely abused every corner he went up against including several that got drafted/about to get drafted in 1st round.

Might be the best route runner to come out this decade, yet we somehow got ripped off by trading down.

Well, let me ask you - how disappointed do you think teams are - how far are Alabama's players falling....

I might be willing to bet you they don't fall as far as Drew Lock did.
man please stop it… You're going to make me piss my pants I'm laughing so hard… At you!

It would surprise me, because if he was lightning fast, he'd have ran the 40.
Heh!

Now you know I've suggested that he is ducking this.

It may not be because he is slow... it may be because of his weight, and not wanting that known.

But even if he threw a 4.44 40 or some such, it wouldn't really mean much... look how many guys have run fast this year. He would have had to REALLY run fast in order to stand out.

Well, let me ask you - how disappointed do you think teams are - how far are Alabama's players falling....

I might be willing to bet you they don't fall as far as Drew Lock did.

How about these players taken ahead of Drew Lock:
Rock Ya Sin
DeAndre Baker
NKeal Harry
let's not forget Daniel Jones lmao

Brilliant.
But also let's not forget, Herbert is garbage and Tua is all that.

If you weren't taking qb at #3 you had to trade down, I'd be reluctantly happy with Pitts, Smith, or Chase at #6 but it comes at great cost - at #12 we could of pounced on someone falling like how we capitalized with Tunsil. Maybe Micah Parson is there who looks like Devin White. Great players fall all the time.

The Dolphins don't seem to learn from the things that go their way. Tunsil fell to us because we we got lucky and were patient. We were patient with Tua which was a move many of us wanted. That's what good teams do. We had an opportunity to do that again this year at #12 and instead choose to trade assets we need to move to #6 for a pass-catcher. If Grier was so trade happy we should of packaged our late firsts and seconds last year and get the stud or two we coveted. Grier once again over-corrects from his mistakes.

Having said that all that, it's easy for me to get wowed by the all-world athletes but DeVonta Smith has got an it factor to his game that just produces. He's so freaking cerebral, winning with his mind alone. I'm so intrigued where he goes.
To the Dolphins at 6 or 8? Unless of course they take Pitts, Sewell, or Waddle. I expect they will take any one of these 4 and will trade down to 7, 8, or 9 if any one of them are still there.

I'm a long-time unbeliever when it comes to the importance of 40 times.

More so now that almost all of the prospects train for this.

One, it isn't really a football skill, and two... there are so many variables-- track, wind speed, electronic or hand timed... bias...

So when I see entire thread bloviating about whether some prospect or another is 'off my board', or 'moved up on my board' because of something that happened on a track... I mostly just laugh.
game speed and 10 yard quickness is probably more important to success, I have had guys beat my time but couldn't touch me on the field.

game speed and 10 yard quickness is probably more important to success, I have had guys beat my time but couldn't touch me on the field.
Yup... but the draft junkies treat this stuff as if it were Holy gospel from on-high.

A 40 time is just one piece of the puzzle... and if they start ranting about three cone times, just point at them and laugh. (they hate that)

Just watched the replay of Pitts’ workout on NFL network. Ummmmmmm....... I’m HIGHLY impressed. That is now my target at #6.

There's nothing, imo, that suggest the Dolphins would take Pitts over Waddle/Smith. Honestly, I'd be surprised if they did.
Rightly/Wrongly, they may feel with their TE rooms that position is not as much of a need compared to the recievers room.

If you think about it from that perspective then they're not wrong..You have 4 guys as your starting recievers that have questions marks staying healthy. You have Parker, Williams, Fuller, and Grant!

It's more likely than not you'll lose 4 of them at some point during the season than all 4 staying healthy.

Plus i think you run into a problem when you put both Mike and Pitts on the field together. In order to do that you’re taking out one of the better blocking TEs off the field to do that. Gesicki and Pitts practically would play that same flex, split, type of position.

It honestly takes creative on the offensive side to figureout how to maximize on that formation.
I’ve got a great way to maximize that formation. Trade Gesicki.

Back
Top Bottom