Pitts and Chase | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pitts and Chase

I wanted Pitts but honestly never wanted Chase. I don't think he's going to be as good as people think.

And if Waddle takes a slant 60 yards to the house in week one and Pitts sees 14 snaps in his first game, because TE is a hard position to learn. And Burrow gets killed behind that “stellar” offensive line how would you like your crow?

And if Waddle takes a slant 60 yards to the house in week one and Pitts sees 14 snaps in his first game, because TE is a hard position to learn. And Burrow gets killed behind that “stellar” offensive line how would you like your crow?
With hotsauce and lobster tail!! But seriously, they will have their big plays. But overall I think they would have served us better. Especially Pitts, to bail Tua out when he gets his happy feet and has to dump the ball off. Pitts and gesecki would have been a sick combo that could have killed defenses. I honestly hope Burrow gets killed so I can laugh at the Bengals stupidity of not protecting their star qb. They will most likely go o line in the next round

Burrow getting killed has nothing to do with Chase being a good or bad pick for us.

Also im not basing the career of any player off what they do week one personally.

Both the BAMA receivers are better than Chase. They were always the target considering the rapport with Tua. Dolphins weren't taking Pitts when we already have a good flex TE in Gesecki

Another thing. Ya'll really think we gave up a 2022 1st round pick because we wanted waddle? I don't think so. I think we gambled that Pitts or chase would be there and we lost. We settled

Another thing. Ya'll really think we gave up a 2022 1st round pick because we wanted waddle? I don't think so. I think we gambled that Pitts or chase would be there and we lost. We settled
Nope we gained a 22 third and a 23 first to move down three spots and got Waddle.

I feel your pain even more with us missing out on the two top rbs. It's out because I saw few if any posters wanting us to take Waddle before the draft. I may have missed it but I don't even recall a Waddle thread. Now he is who everyone wanted and everyone's going to name their next child after him. I guess the best thing to do is either be patient or convince myself that he was the guy all along.

This shows the difference between fans and coaches/FO.

As a fan, it’s not your job to put the work in to develop a player you feel is tailor made for your offense. You watch some YouTube highlights and decide you know best when you in fact have no knowledge of the actual offense the team is going to run.

Once you make the selection you want you need to keep the blinders on and focus on what you got.

Fans pound the table for everyone.

Nope we gained a 22 third and a 23 first to move down three spots and got Waddle.

AND we gained the value between our pick and SFs pick. They could easily finish in 4th place in that division and be picking 7th or 8th overall while I think we might be a potential playoff team.

If our pick ends up 24th overall and we netted the 9th pick or so from SF, your looking at another bonus in value.

A lot of people are sleeping on this fact and just see a 1 = 1.

Another thing to consider is that if we had stayed in the #3 position, we would still have picked Waddle. According to Schrager, who was shown the top of our draft board, he was our consensus 2nd best player in the draft after Lawrence. The SF and Eagles trade allowed us to get value, and still select our 2nd ranked player.

Another thing to consider is that if we had stayed in the #3 position, we would still have picked Waddle. According to Schrager, who was shown the top of our draft board, he was our consensus 2nd best player in the draft after Lawrence. The SF and Eagles trade allowed us to get value, and still select our 2nd ranked player.

Where did you read that Miami showed him their board?

I'm ignorant now huh? I'm ignorant because I think Pitts and chase are better for the dolphins?
Honestly no one knows how Pitts or Chase or anyone drafted will do until the season starts.
Pitts to me should be a good player theoretically but not sure if Miami saw him as a fit.
I wasn't too high on Chase as others were as I liked Smith more, but it seems that Waddle was valued more by Dolphins over both of them.

Besides this, the way I look at it is we gained a future 1st and 3rd to move up 3 spots. I'd take that all day if it means giving up Pitts/Chase and ending up with Waddle/Smith.

Back
Top Bottom