Pitts, welcome to South Florida. Falcons will take Field | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pitts, welcome to South Florida. Falcons will take Field

I didn't like our picks at 18 and 30 last year, but definitely not bc they were "safe." Quite the opposite.

AJax was a project OT that had just come off a down year due to donating bone marrow to his sister. Iggy was an even bigger project. Had only played CB two years and was extremely raw. They were the first and third youngest players in the league.

My biggest criticisms of those picks were how unsafe they were. High upside, low floor guys. The part I do agree w is that both were overdrafted based on consensus projections.

But safe picks? Absolutely not.
Got it. I don’t follow college ball. I guess the reaching is a problem. That seems to be a pattern w him.

I was under the impression he was in fact a magical cryptid.

No longer interested. Humans can be found anywhere in the draft.
He’s definitely not
I believe they are taking Fields as well, but don't really see a reason for them to put out any smoke unless they just don't want the Jets looking hard at Fields.
Bingo...no reason to give away your hand!

Then shouldn’t your title read “Falcons likely to take a QB.” Instead? So apparently it was difficult.

I hope we take Pitts but your thread title was either poorly worded or click bait.
I am sorry you found it difficult. Next time, I dumb it down from first grade level to kindergarden level.

I think the Wilkins pick was as much about Flo wanting a high-character guy to build that locker room as anything else. Wilkins is a good player but he's not a force of nature at the position and never will be.
I agree, wasn't a fan of the pick when it happened, but I see what he does to that locker room.

I agree, wasn't a fan of the pick when it happened, but I see what he does to that locker room.
Good player but not really a round 1 impact guy. I thought he was considered the 3 best DL on that line coming out too.

Funny how everyone posts the PFF tweet about the longest wingspan when it‘s not true

I get the impression that they don’t rate Skillset guys that high. Thinking about the teams Flo come from in NE. Brady won with Deon Branch and other guys that don’t have a shot at a HOF entry.

Point being, he may value the QB and trench guys above anything else. The thinking being any skillset guy can thrive in there system if the Qb has time and the OL can run block.
I don't know if it's they don't rate them high, but I think he comes from the mind set of getting players with certain skills to fit what you want to do. This draft is loaded with receivers. I am not one that is sold that Parsons drops out of the top 10. I wouldn't be shocked one bit if Sewell or Parsons is the pick at #6.

I've seen a lot of talk about not taking playmakers. You could make a very legit argument that Parsons is the best defensive playmaker in this draft and possibly in the argument for non-qb playmaker in the draft.

Last edited:
I see..he's umm..quite the player. So much so he's now in the practice squad and listed as a TE/DE. :shrug:

Either way, impressive Wingspan for both of them, right?:bobdole:
Absolutely, there are other TEs with longer wingspans, pretty sure that would be for WR only

Absolutely agree! I would only add this...many here keep saying Grier needs to prove his draft abilities by HITTING on the 1st rounders. My question is...who has he drafted high that’s been a BUST or not an early contributor? Iggy is the only one I can think of, and he looked pretty good later in the season. CB almost always suck their 1st year. X certainly did. Madison and Surtain both looked not very good their 1st year as well. I remember constantly reading on FH how X was a wasted pick during his first year. Not saying Iggy will be as good as X, but these guys need a little more time before we give up on them and make the claim that Grier can’t draft well...IMO.
well, time will tell with the last couple of drafts. Hard to judge a whole draft after only one or two years.

Back
Top Bottom