Players I Would Pay Now | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Players I Would Pay Now

eMCee85

Club Member
Reaction score
So we don't lose them in the future and we have them locked so to not over pay too much. Below is what I would offer our players.

Holland - 4 years 35 Mil 25 guaranteed. With his last two years being somewhat underwhelming, even though his numbers were better this year, I think this would be a good start for him. Gives him a little above 6mil per yr with other incentives.

Phillips - 5 years 75 Mil 55 guaranteed. Coming off the injury, we have total leverage right now. This would give almost 11 mil per year. I admit, I'm always screaming against signing injured players but this isn't that bad for an edge and I would include medical clause and have an out after 3 yrs.

Waddle - 4 yrs 80 mil 65 guaranteed. That's pretty much 16 mil per year with other incentives to make. I'm paying Waddle and getting rid of Hill in 2026. The reason I don't go higher is because of the injury history which is also why I come in a little low comparative to others in the league. Still have to draft a big tall fast compliment to Waddle though.

E Ezukanma - 3 yrs 15 mil 10 guarenteed. this is my kinda outta right field signing. I like this kid. I think he should be utilized more. We've seen him bully dudes when they attempt to tackle. Imo, we have to find a way to get this dude on the field.

These are my four. Who are yours? We have to take care of this now to avoid ANOTHER year like this year where we lose our guys we drafted. What's the consensus? Is this realistic, am I close on the numbers or am I waaaaaaay off here?

PS. I left Tua out on purpose to try and avoid another Tua thread. We all already know the situation there.

I doubt Holland or Phillips would take those deals. Top end of those markets are higher than that, and it'll only go up further in the next year or two. If they would take it, I'd give it to them in a heartbeat though. Ezukanma hasn't proven anything yet though, I wouldn't pay him at this point.

EE hasn’t done anything yet. He deserves minimum.

For others it’s not very easy to sign players who feel they can break out in their final rookie contract. Unless I got crazy numbers I know I wouldn’t. Salaries go up every year, so don’t lock in before you have to.

How is Easy Es neck?
monty python scratch GIF

So we don't lose them in the future and we have them locked so to not over pay too much. Below is what I would offer our players.

Holland - 4 years 35 Mil 25 guaranteed. With his last two years being somewhat underwhelming, even though his numbers were better this year, I think this would be a good start for him. Gives him a little above 6mil per yr with other incentives.

Phillips - 5 years 75 Mil 55 guaranteed. Coming off the injury, we have total leverage right now. This would give almost 11 mil per year. I admit, I'm always screaming against signing injured players but this isn't that bad for an edge and I would include medical clause and have an out after 3 yrs.

Waddle - 4 yrs 80 mil 65 guaranteed. That's pretty much 16 mil per year with other incentives to make. I'm paying Waddle and getting rid of Hill in 2026. The reason I don't go higher is because of the injury history which is also why I come in a little low comparative to others in the league. Still have to draft a big tall fast compliment to Waddle though.

E Ezukanma - 3 yrs 15 mil 10 guarenteed. this is my kinda outta right field signing. I like this kid. I think he should be utilized more. We've seen him bully dudes when they attempt to tackle. Imo, we have to find a way to get this dude on the field.

These are my four. Who are yours? We have to take care of this now to avoid ANOTHER year like this year where we lose our guys we drafted. What's the consensus? Is this realistic, am I close on the numbers or am I waaaaaaay off here?

PS. I left Tua out on purpose to try and avoid another Tua thread. We all already know the situation there.
You can't extend Ez until you know his neck is okay

This is what I hope losing Wilkins means. If Miami can sign these young players, it definitely takes the sting out somewhat.

Maybe the Dolphins can draft a good DT as well.

I want to see Phillips get healthy first and see if he can get back to the player he was becoming before he got hurt

EZ is a no. Hasn't done anything to justify that kind of contract.

Waddle, Holland and Phillips are all going to want, top end contracts. It's the nature of the business. It's all about the money. Until proven otherwise, I'm not expected anyone of those 3 players to sign an early extension. They'll get their money, whether it's with Miami or someone else remains to be seen. I'm of the believe, the Dolphins kept an eye on the future knowing they had three younger players who were, going to need to be paid. So they let, Wilkins, Hunt and Van Ginkle walk. Brandon Jones was the surprise. Never thought he'd leave, but again money talks.

Back
Top Bottom