players praise Frerotte | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

players praise Frerotte

MelbournePhin said:
dude. im hammered. im sorry :)
Its cool, that was me all day yesterday @ Great Adventure for my birthday. i hope my boss isnt reading this since I called in sick yesterday :goof:

Boik14 said:
Its cool, that was me all day yesterday @ Great Adventure for my birthday. i hope my boss isnt reading this since I called in sick yesterday :goof:

i hear ya. the only reason im hammered on the weeknight and up this late is becase im in between jobs and im enjoying all my time off. its been 3 weeks so far and im getting unemployment checks. start my new job on monday and fun time is over

MelbournePhin said:
i hear ya. the only reason im hammered on the weeknight and up this late is becase im in between jobs and im enjoying all my time off. its been 3 weeks so far and im getting unemployment checks. start my new job on monday and fun time is over
Hey i got no problem with it. I do it some weeknights even though Im @ work @ 815 every morning. I dont care much cause i dont sleep anyway; thats what work is for. :sleep:

One of our quarterbacks is definatly comparible to Rich Gannon but it is not Gus Ferotte. I really have nothing against Gus, I think he is a great player and he knows the system real well, he is just not our starting quarterback. Starting him would be a waste of a season and stunt our development

Boik14 said:
Hey i got no problem with it. I do it some weeknights even though Im @ work @ 815 every morning. I dont care much cause i dont sleep anyway; thats what work is for. :sleep:

:lol:

i dread going back

PassRush said:
One of our quarterbacks is definatly comparible to Rich Gannon but it is not Gus Ferotte. I really have nothing against Gus, I think he is a great player and he knows the system real well, he is just not our starting quarterback. Starting him would be a waste of a season and stunt our development
Thats funny you say that. Thats EXACTLY what everyone always said about Gannon. Not me. I liked Gannon when he was wade freakin wilson's backup in minny.

I just think there are a lot of comparisons; both are/were hardcore about knowing the playbook backwards and fowards, both had doubters until about the point where frerotte is at right now, and both were system qbs.

We'll know in a few months but I think its a realistic comparison.

downfield said:
Dolphins buzz: QB Gus Frerotte will enter camp as the front-runner to start, with players privately praising his touch and command of the offense.
-- Miami Herald

This was on cnnsi.

The key word is touch. I'm sure the receiving corps IS amazed at a QB who can actually throw over defenders and not merely force it between them. That was my problem the day we traded for Feeley and I mentioned it on several sites, that he was a line drive king with almost no variety in pace and loft. Somehow Rick Spielman missed that while studying every snap Feeley ever took for the Eagles.

The Rich Gannon comparison isn't bad. But Frerotte will never be confused for the type of athlete Gannon is. Remember Gannon came out of Delaware with plenty of teams projecting him to other positions but he insisted on QB.

Buddwalk said:
I'd rather draft...settling on qbs isnt the way to go for this organization

You dont find the next dan marino by picking one up in free agency...you have to draft him

If you are sitting around waiting on the next Marino to come, don't hold your breath. Besides breaking a lot of records and keeping Miami in the win column Marino didn't do much for us. It has been proven time and again, in football and the military, you can't win the war with just AirPower. You gotta have the troups on the ground to be dominate.

The only advantage I saw in MiniCamps is the fact that he knows this offense. From a talent standpoint [insert Wanny reference here] AJ is a better QB. In reality with this offense and the skill positions being better this year, AJ or GUS will be adequate.

At least with Saban, we know that the best qb will get the job. I personally hope that AJ works out so at least we settle at qb for a few years.

I really couldn't care less whther Smoochie the Clown is our QB. As long as he performs well and score lots of td's and few INT's. I have no alegiance to any of our QB's. All I want are wins baby!!!

Boik14 said:
Or we could sign 1 in Fa? Maybe whoever SD lets go of/trades, possibly deal for Garrard, Ramsey, etc. Someone will become available if neither qb works out.
do u think saban would bring in rohan davey the pats drafted a qb this year out of usc

Boik14 said:
You dont find the Next Marino anywhere. there are no next Marino's. Those type of expectations will lead you to really severe dissappointment and when it doesnt happen probably heavy depression and prozac. Marino's or Favres dont grow on trees or in draft; theyre once in a decade players.

Although I agree in general, there is one qb in every draft that is a probowl caliber player.

Back
Top Bottom