players praise Frerotte | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

players praise Frerotte

I am kind of glad that Ferrote is doing better then Feeley. I just dont like Feeley's attitude at all. I thought that he would come in and have like a Drew Brees atittude, but nope, he has one sorry attitude. All i can say is if he doesnt become more positive, then bye bye Feeley.

themole said:
If you are sitting around waiting on the next Marino to come, don't hold your breath. Besides breaking a lot of records and keeping Miami in the win column Marino didn't do much for us. It has been proven time and again, in football and the military, you can't win the war with just AirPower. You gotta have the troups on the ground to be dominate.

Huh?!!!!?

Dude, what didn't he do for us? He didn't win a superbowl.....Who gives a ****? We had a greek god under center for us for 17 years. He was a great leader as well as a great passer. Marino didn't do much for us?????? Sacrilege duded.....sacrilege.

Buddwalk said:
I also agree that crowder was a better pick then frye...i'm just pointing out that if we would of drafted one...then next year we'd have a starting qb...now next year if we draft one its a rebuilding process which sucks

word out of cleveland is that they have been disappointed in frye and are looking for a vet qb to back up. good job saban

Buddwalk said:
I also agree that crowder was a better pick then frye...i'm just pointing out that if we would of drafted one...then next year we'd have a starting qb...now next year if we draft one its a rebuilding process which sucks

So you have determined that any QB in this last draft has a 100% chance of being a starting caliber NFL QB based on his college career.
Hello, Akili Smith, Andre Ware, David Klingler,Ryan Leaf, Carson Palmer.

BALLS DEEP said:
Huh?!!!!?

Dude, what didn't he do for us? He didn't win a superbowl.....Who gives a ****? We had a greek god under center for us for 17 years. He was a great leader as well as a great passer. Marino didn't do much for us?????? Sacrilege duded.....sacrilege.

I believe I gave Marino all the credit he deserves when I said :Besides breaking a lot of records and keeping us in the win column! My POINT IS: It is NOT necessary to have a high profile quarterback such as Marino or Manning racking up all those numbers to win. History has not been good to those types with the exception of Elway. I don't particulary give a $hit about those non Superbowls appearances either, but it does seem that most who post here gage success or failure soley on SB appearances and wins. I believe in total team effort with as few superstars as possible. Remember 1971,72,73! Total domination on both sides of the ball. Pretty good run with a bunch of no names, who, by the way, for the most part haven't gotten the recognition they deserve. I stand squarely by my statement. OBTW. I'm a Redneck, not a Dude. Dudes wear shiney clothes.
:evil:

Edit:
On second thought Balls Deep, I did mis-speak. Marino WAS basicly all we had. What I meant was, considering ALL that he was, he alone, couldn't get us back to the promise land. I'll still take what he did give us.

PhinDude88 said:
I am kind of glad that Ferrote is doing better then Feeley. I just dont like Feeley's attitude at all. I thought that he would come in and have like a Drew Brees atittude, but nope, he has one sorry attitude. All i can say is if he doesnt become more positive, then bye bye Feeley.

yep, you would have figured that aj would have been in miami a week or two after the super bowl studying the playbook and working with the recievers. instead, he's going on vacation and stuff and saban is making btw the lines comments indicating that feeley needs to get to work if he wants to be the starter. they didn't sign frerotte to be his back-up; they signed him to be his competition. i hope he realizes this, although it probably won't matter.

Buddwalk said:

It's unlikely that we would have pulled a starter out of the 3rd rd. Our guy was Smith. When SF took him there was no QB worth drafting at our spots.

PhinDude88 said:

What kind of sorry attitude are you speaking of? Ive seen nothing of the sort

Buddwalk said:
I was using marino as an example cause he was our last good qb
But the only place to actually gamble and have a chance on having the next marino is through the draft in my opinion

The next marino just so happens to be named Peyton Manning sorry man

But you can get good to very good QB talent through FA or a trade in the NFL.....Farve, Young, Gannon, Bledsoe (He was better then what they had), Testaverde, Brunell, just to name a few

rafael said:
It's unlikely that we would have pulled a starter out of the 3rd rd. Our guy was Smith. When SF took him there was no QB worth drafting at our spots.

frye was also off the board when we drafted in the 3rd, so it's a mute issue anyway. it seemed like every qb that was at least on the radar per indy workouts was gone at our pick in those rounds- smith, frye, lefors, greene, etc.

AZfinfan said:
Although I agree in general, there is one qb in every draft that is a probowl caliber player.
I agree but being a pro bowl guy for a few years is way different then being a marino or favre type whos there every year. I think the closest thing to marino right now is manning and i think we'll see Palmer make a big jump in that direction this year.

jlfin said:
So you have determined that any QB in this last draft has a 100% chance of being a starting caliber NFL QB based on his college career.
Hello, Akili Smith, Andre Ware, David Klingler,Ryan Leaf, Carson Palmer.
Palmer has absolutely no place on that list. He played very well last year including shredding NE for 300+ and 3 Tds while rallying Cincy to a 21 point deficit. The man is a baller.

themole said:
I believe I gave Marino all the credit he deserves when I said :Besides breaking a lot of records and keeping us in the win column! My POINT IS: It is NOT necessary to have a high profile quarterback such as Marino or Manning racking up all those numbers to win. History has not been good to those types with the exception of Elway. I don't particulary give a $hit about those non Superbowls appearances either, but it does seem that most who post here gage success or failure soley on SB appearances and wins. I believe in total team effort with as few superstars as possible. Remember 1971,72,73! Total domination on both sides of the ball. Pretty good run with a bunch of no names, who, by the way, for the most part haven't gotten the recognition they deserve. I stand squarely by my statement. OBTW. I'm a Redneck, not a Dude. Dudes wear shiney clothes.
:evil:

Edit:
On second thought Balls Deep, I did mis-speak. Marino WAS basicly all we had. What I meant was, considering ALL that he was, he alone, couldn't get us back to the promise land. I'll still take what he did give us.

I mean, I guess the big question is: Could we have had a more significant running game to go along with a slightly diminished passing game if Marino hadn't been able to pretty much call whatever he wanted in the huddle? I guess we could have. Would that change have equaled us getting to or winning a superbowl....yeah I guess it could. But, I love my memories of Marino being who he was. I love having Marino and the Dolphins heralded as one of the greates passing offenses if not the best ever.

Back
Top Bottom