Players The Dolphins Met With At Shrine Practices | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Players The Dolphins Met With At Shrine Practices

QB- Jordan Ta'amu
QB- Brett Rypien
G- Lamont Gillard
T- Ryan Pope
DT- Armon Watts
LB- Malik Carney

Brett Rypien is Mark Rypien's nephew, that's kind of neat. Is that Lamont Gaillard? I like that kid a lot, have him listed as a guard, but he was the anchor at center the last 29 games for the Bulldogs.

I would be more interested in the Fresno State kid -- McMaryion -- for a late round quarterback. I follow the Mountain West. He's got some tools to work with. Fairly highly regarded as a dual threat quarterback out of high school. Kind of a raw deal at Oregon State despite winning some big games, so he transferred to Fresno State.

Otherwise on that list, another Mountain West guy Ryan Pope stood out to me. Tall lanky tackle with athletic ability but not great pass blocking technique, which is sensible given the run oriented program.

I'm reserving my right to be insane but aren't the kids they typically meet with all but guaranteed to not be drafted? They always seem to be more concerned about subterfuge than doing the process right.

I'm just picking on the fat kid given drafting has been consistently terrible for like 50 years (is that right? take away Marino and a few years of JJ drafts and what is there?) but that's my impression.

QB- Jordan Ta'amu
QB- Brett Rypien
G- Lamont Gillard
T- Ryan Pope
DT- Armon Watts
LB- Malik Carney
That's a very light list, considering there's over 100 kids there. I suspect there will be more interviews over the coming days.

Also, going to pimp a bit for Mathieu Betts, the Canadian edge rusher from Laval (the same school as Laurent Duvernay-Tardif). He is not the world's most outstanding physical specimen, but he has a fast twitch motor and quickness, along with some surprising strength, and very good technique. He was completely unblockable in Canadian University football (yes, pretty much equivalent to juco, but still). Poor man's Clay Matthews - worth a late round look I think.

Last edited:
Quite the selection of QB's between the Shrine game and the Senior Bowl....

Senior Bowl alone....

Drew Lock, Missouri, 6-4, 225
Daniel Jones, Duke, 6-5, 220
Ryan Finley, North Carolina State, 6-4, 212
Trace McSorley, Penn State, 6-0, 203
Tyree Jackson, Buffalo, 6-7, 245
Will Grier, West Virginia, 6-2, 223
Clayton Thorson, Northwestern, 6-4, 226
Jarrett Stidham, Auburn, 6-3, 215
Gardner Minshew II, Washington State, 6-2, 220

Quite the selection of QB's between the Shrine game and the Senior Bowl....

Senior Bowl alone....

Drew Lock, Missouri, 6-4, 225
Daniel Jones, Duke, 6-5, 220
Ryan Finley, North Carolina State, 6-4, 212
Trace McSorley, Penn State, 6-0, 203
Tyree Jackson, Buffalo, 6-7, 245
Will Grier, West Virginia, 6-2, 223
Clayton Thorson, Northwestern, 6-4, 226
Jarrett Stidham, Auburn, 6-3, 215
Gardner Minshew II, Washington State, 6-2, 220
been sayin Tyree Jackson up in here for 3 weeks ... he's prob above 250 now... but 6'7" and runs like and elk? gimme that next season!

Back
Top Bottom