Players to look at for next years draft | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Players to look at for next years draft

godfater21 said:
Reggie Bush is ooovvvverrrrrrrraaaaatttteeddd. how does a RB get nominated for a hiesman trophy and not even break 1000 yards?

Because he has better hands then most wide recievers, looked like Dante Hall in returns, and has probably the best vision of any player. Nah, definitly overrated.

finz99 said:
Because he has better hands then most wide recievers, looked like Dante Hall in returns, and has probably the best vision of any player. Nah, definitly overrated.

If i want someone to catch a pass i'll draft a WR. if i want someone to be a KR/PR i'll get that in round 7 or a cheap FA. if i draft a RB i want 1200-1500 yards with at least a 4.0 yards per carry. you will NOT get that with reggie bush.

godfater21 said:
If i want someone to catch a pass i'll draft a WR. if i want someone to be a KR/PR i'll get that in round 7 or a cheap FA. if i draft a RB i want 1200-1500 yards with at least a 4.0 yards per carry. you will NOT get that with reggie bush.

Umm...ok whatever you say. Reggie Bush could easily get you over a thousand yards. He split carries with Lendale White, just like a tandum at Auburn you may have heard of. I would put down money that he could get over a thousand if it was just him.

J Tes said:
Looks to me that 2462 is greater than 1904 yards. Period, you can NOT argue that. I have absolutly no idea where your stupid 194 more carries for 560 yards, well thats 2.8 yards per carry. I dont give a rats ***. Yes Tiki had a higher average per carry, but no one could stop the Steelers all season long. They had the best running game. YOU CAN NOT ARGUE THAT. Well In your little mind you can. The simple minded fantasy football world that you live in. Look you wanna argue this bring it on. Your arguements are weak thats why you have stooped to calling me a Moron and a dumb*ss. Oh and by the way braking down how many more carries the Steelers had and giving me what that amounts to in yards per carry was REALLY weak. That absolutly makes no sense at all.

the giants ground game was more effective than the steelers when they used it. that is why i broke it down for your "little mind" its all in the YPC stat.

finz99 said:
Umm...ok whatever you say. Reggie Bush could easily get you over a thousand yards. He split carries with Lendale White, just like a tandum at Auburn you may have heard of. I would put down money that he could get over a thousand if it was just him.

yeah but i seem to recall that either of those auburn tandem had better numbers.

godfater21 said:
yeah but i seem to recall that either of those auburn tandem had better numbers.

Do you recall that Auburn had shiite for recievers. And USC had Dwayne Jarret and Steve Smith....with Matt Leinart throwing to them.

godfater21 said:
the giants ground game was more effective than the steelers when they used it. that is why i broke it down for your "little mind" its all in the YPC stat.
Please explain to me then why NO one was able to stop the Steelers running game when everyone knew that is what they were going to do? There offense was running the ball, and everyone knew that but yet they couldnt stop it. And why if the Giants running game was so good why didnt they use it? Maybe they just enjoyed losing. That must be it. :shakeno: Oh and please find me one other person whp agrees with you that the Giants runnging game was better than the Steelers.

finz99 said:
Do you recall that Auburn had shiite for recievers. And USC had Dwayne Jarret and Steve Smith....with Matt Leinart throwing to them.
Dont bother arguing with him, he's pigheaded. Just let it go.

J Tes said:
Please explain to me then why NO one was able to stop the Steelers running game when everyone knew that is what they were going to do? There offense was running the ball, and everyone knew that but yet they couldnt stop it. And why if the Giants running game was so good why didnt they use it? Maybe they just enjoyed losing. That must be it. :shakeno: Oh and please find me one other person whp agrees with you that the Giants runnging game was better than the Steelers.

i never said the steelers had a bad running game. i said the giants had a more effective running game. which they did. and to answer your question on why they did not use it lies with Eli Manning. Eli Manning struggled and pretty much sucked. once Tom Coughlin saw his Giants where not going to the playoffs he wanted Eli to get all the experience he could. That is the way coughlin handles his QBs. he wanted Eli to throw, throw, and throw some more. to help him not only learn the offense but also to help him learn NFL defenses. Eli wont learn that handing the ball off all the time.

J Tes said:
Dont bother arguing with him, he's pigheaded. Just let it go.

No i just know more about football than you. once you understand that you can go on with your life.

godfater21 said:
No i just know more about football than you. once you understand that you can go on with your life.

OK I have read this entire thread, and I feel the need to call you on this BS!!!
You have made some really bad comments and continue to tout your superiority, so I will break down your post with stats. That way there is NO ARGUMENTS!

You said that :roflmao: Hines Wards barely had an edge ove Amani Toomer. Well lets look at stats since thats what you like to do.
Amani Toomer
2003- 63 catches 1057 yards and 5 TD's
2004- 51 catches 747 yards and 0 TD's
Average 57 catches 900 yards(approx) and 2.5 TD's
Hines Ward
2003-95 catches 1163 yards 10 TD's
2004-80 catches 1004 yards 4 TD's
Average- 87 catches 1080 yards(approx) 7 TD's
This doesnt even take into account that Ward is the best run blocking WR in the league! Or the fact that as you put it the Steelers ran the ball quite a bit more than the Giants!

So I believe you said that Toomer found himself......maybe he should continue the quest!

Finally the Giants had a better YPC than the Steelers, but by using those two big powerfull RB's more the Steelers wore defenses down. This is the sign of a great running game, hw many teams did Tiki wear down.......... Yeah not that many! So while YPC is an important stat, when determining the value of a running game you should look at what it is designed to do. The Giants needed a better YPC because Eli played like CRAP! The Steelers used the running game to control the game, wear down defenses, and take pressure off of Big Ben! The Steelers knew they werent going to break off many 50 yarders and, thats not why they run.

YPC measures the efficiency of an offense, not necessarily it's effectiveness.

Put down the pipe, the Steelers WR corp was far superior to the Giants, and the running game was better too.

godfater21 said:
Oh thanks. I couldnt care less that there yards per carry was a foot and a half better. Point is the Steelers offense was there running game and everyone knew it, but yet couldnt stop it. Also did you ever consider its a hell of alot easier to run the ball when you are down by 20 points and teams are playing to stop the pass? Probably not. The Giants where running on alot of 5 or 6 man fronts were the Steelers where running on 8 and 9 man fronts. Which is easier? As my parting shot (because your ignorance is baffling) is that this isnt even up for debate. Whos running game is better, the Steelers or Giants? There is ONE correct answer and that is the STEELERS. Just admit it, I know it hurts. I'm right.

godfater21 said:
:roflmao: You knwo more about football :roflmao:
lets see...what have we learned from you today?
1- Matt Leinart sucks ( I guess back to back National Championships is horrible :shakeno: ) Oh yeah and this thing they call the Heisman trophy sucks as well :shakeno:
2- The Giants had a better running game than the Steelers :roflmao:
3- Reggie Bush sucks. I guess rushing for 800 plus yards and also catching 40 plus passes for an additional 8 TD's sucks :roflmao:
4- Carson Palmer will be lucky to do anything, because he didnt come right into the league and tear it up like Manning did ( you might wanna check your stats on that one, Palmers' stats were actually better)
5- Last and most importantly...you dont know jack sh*t about football and when you come to this realization you will be able to move on with your life.

Oh yeah Since you apparently know more than me I was wondering if you could answer me this? Is water really wet? I always found it to be but you seem to know alot about nothing so I figured you could clear the air for me. :roflmao:

Fins2theend said:
OK I have read this entire thread, and I feel the need to call you on this BS!!!
You have made some really bad comments and continue to tout your superiority, so I will break down your post with stats. That way there is NO ARGUMENTS!

You said that :roflmao: Hines Wards barely had an edge ove Amani Toomer. Well lets look at stats since thats what you like to do.
Amani Toomer
2003- 63 catches 1057 yards and 5 TD's
2004- 51 catches 747 yards and 0 TD's
Average 57 catches 900 yards(approx) and 2.5 TD's
Hines Ward
2003-95 catches 1163 yards 10 TD's
2004-80 catches 1004 yards 4 TD's
Average- 87 catches 1080 yards(approx) 7 TD's
This doesnt even take into account that Ward is the best run blocking WR in the league! Or the fact that as you put it the Steelers ran the ball quite a bit more than the Giants!

So I believe you said that Toomer found himself......maybe he should continue the quest!

Finally the Giants had a better YPC than the Steelers, but by using those two big powerfull RB's more the Steelers wore defenses down. This is the sign of a great running game, hw many teams did Tiki wear down.......... Yeah not that many! So while YPC is an important stat, when determining the value of a running game you should look at what it is designed to do. The Giants needed a better YPC because Eli played like CRAP! The Steelers used the running game to control the game, wear down defenses, and take pressure off of Big Ben! The Steelers knew they werent going to break off many 50 yarders and, thats not why they run.
Good points but after talking about this with godfater I have realized that the Giants were actually better. I mean if you look at his arguements they make sense. Especially the one when he said......................................... Oh wait he really had no points.

Back
Top Bottom