Players to look at for next years draft | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Players to look at for next years draft

godfater21 said:
If you add up both steelers backs yards and compare them to Barbers alone than yes they have more. but if you break it down to Barber Vs Duce when he started(because bettis was more of a goal line back) and Barber Vs Bettis when he started(because Duce was hurt) you will see that the giants had the better running game. you have to look at what the numbers mean not just match up totals and compare which is bigger and which is smaller. so the next time you do your "homework" to try and prove you know more about football than me. you should put in some more effort because right now you have about a D+ average.
:roflmao: :roflmao: Actually you just made my point there buddy. Individually yes Barber had the better season than the Staley and or Bettis. But we arent talking about Runningbacks, we are talking about running games. There's no misunderstanding those numbers. The steelers ran for more yards period. Therefor they had the better running game period. I think you are a little to caught up in fantasy football. I couldnt care less if Barber had more yards per game that either of them. Point is as the Steelers ran for more yards than the Giants. So you orginally had an F in your first agruement and your grade now is down to an F- .

godfater21 said:
Burress is a Peerless Price he looks good because he plays on the other side of a great WR. Burress is not great if he was then the Vikings would have signed him to replace Moss. instead the Giants signed him to replace there #2 WR in Hillard who they will lose soon. and Yes Ward may have been good since he was a rookie and it took Toomer time to find himself. but yes they are pretty close with the edge going to Ward.
Umm you're still wrong. Toomer is NO where near the reciever that Ward is. And I never said that Burress was a great reciever nor a reciever I would want on my team. You are the one who said Hilliard was better than Burress. That I dont agree with. Hell, Burress was just signed to replace Hilliard.

sodenj5 said:
so say, just strictly as a for instance, that the Dolphins draft Leinart, and during his career, Leinart goes to maybe 2 Pro Bowls, puts up above average numbers, nothing spectacular or dazzling,but the Dolphins win 3 Superbowls during his career with them, over say 10 years. Would you look back and regret drafting Matt Leinart? would you say, if only we had drafted Alex Smith the year before?? I dont think so

Your point makes no sense when you say he puts up above average numbers. because that would make him better than average. also two probowls means at least twice he would be one of the top QBs in the league. so no i would not regret drafting him. now if he was putting up Akili Smith type numbers and the team still won three SBs than yes i would regret drafting him. because i would be thinking if we would have gotten a different QB then maybe we could have won 6 SBs. also i don't want Alex Smith i don't see him as being that much better than some of the later round choices.

Matt Leinert is a pu**y. He had it all this year. The hype, the numbers, the championship win. If he would of entered the draft, he was #1. He will not be a winner, he will be a flop. He dont even think he can play in the NFL.

USC, wont win the Championship in 06, and thus, his status will fall. He could of been walking in tall cotton this draft. But, he knew he couldn't do it. Thus, when a player dont even believe in themseleves, they will flop like a Ryan Leaf.

So, before conjecturing on Leinarts "future" SB wins and probowl appearances, think about all the ramifications. If Im wrong, so are you!

sodenj5 said:
Of course Barber is going to have more, Staley and Bettis split carries, while Tiki Barber was the giants featured back. It would only be logical that one back who had a great season would have more yards than 2 backs that had good seasons, but split carries on the same team. I think it's you with the D+ average sir.

they did not split carries Duce was the main RB and Bettis was just a short yardage goalline back. i think his 3 carries 3 yards 3TDs in game 1 proves that point.

J Tes said:
:roflmao: :roflmao: Actually you just made my point there buddy. Individually yes Barber had the better season than the Staley and or Bettis. But we arent talking about Runningbacks, we are talking about running games. There's no misunderstanding those numbers. The steelers ran for more yards period. Therefor they had the better running game period. I think you are a little to caught up in fantasy football. I couldnt care less if Barber had more yards per game that either of them. Point is as the Steelers ran for more yards than the Giants. So you orginally had an F in your first agruement and your grade now is down to an F- .

Hey dumb*ss that is not how you judge running success. break it down week by week and you will see that the Giants had the better running game.

godfater21 said:
they did not split carries Duce was the main RB and Bettis was just a short yardage goalline back. i think his 3 carries 3 yards 3TDs in game 1 proves that point.

Yea and that was for about the first 3 weeks of the season until Duce got hurt, then Bettis was the main back and Duce was on IR, and even when Duce came back, he was the #2 back at best, so IDK what it is you're talking about, that 3 TD game was just that, just one game

J Tes said:
Hell, Burress was just signed to replace Hilliard.

Because hillard does not want to stay in NY so what is your point here.

LithoMan said:
Matt Leinert is a pu**y. He had it all this year. The hype, the numbers, the championship win. If he would of entered the draft, he was #1. He will not be a winner, he will be a flop. He dont even think he can play in the NFL.

USC, wont win the Championship in 06, and thus, his status will fall. He could of been walking in tall cotton this draft. But, he knew he couldn't do it. Thus, when a player dont even believe in themseleves, they will flop like a Ryan Leaf.

So, before conjecturing on Leinarts "future" SB wins and probowl appearances, think about all the ramifications. If Im wrong, so are you!

So when Peyton Manning decided to stay for his senior year in college, you knew he was going to be a flop too, right??

Did the thought ever enter your skull, that maybe, just maybe, Leinart enjoys college, and IS NOT all about getting paid. An unselfish player?? MY GOD!! I've never heard of such a thing!

sodenj5 said:
Yea and that was for about the first 3 weeks of the season until Duce got hurt, then Bettis was the main back and Duce was on IR, and even when Duce came back, he was the #2 back at best, so IDK what it is you're talking about, that 3 TD game was just that, just one game
''

for one Duce was never placed on IR if he was than he could not come back in the same year. learn your football. but yes duece was the main back with bettis being short yardeage and goal line. than duce was hurt and placed on the DL. and bettis was the main back. when duce came back he was short yardage back for a couple of weeks than he was the main RB again.

godfater21 said:

Or beacuase Hilliard is a second teir reciever at best, and Plaxico Burress is a big target and a downfield threat which will spread the field much better than Hilliard ever will

godfater21 said:
Hey dumb*ss that is not how you judge running success. break it down week by week and you will see that the Giants had the better running game.
First off I wouldnt start dishing out names. Second I'll tell you how you judge running games. Its simple, look up the stats. Well here they are, as a team the Steelers ran for 2720 yards. The Giants ran for 1904 yards. Thats not even close. Pretty much your arguement makes absolutly zero, nada, zilch No sense at all. So since i'm the dumb*ss, why dont you break it down for me and please explain yourself. Something you have yet to do. Clueless

LithoMan said:

He didnt believe in himself? What, can you read people or somethin? I'm gonna go on a limb here and say that Leinart enjoyed college, and wanted to get the fullest out of college, and wasn't playing the game of football for only the money. I know...shocking isnt it.

godfater21 said:
''

for one Duce was never placed on IR if he was than he could not come back in the same year. learn your football. but yes duece was the main back with bettis being short yardeage and goal line. than duce was hurt and placed on the DL. and bettis was the main back. when duce came back he was short yardage back for a couple of weeks than he was the main RB again.

I meant DL, and when exactly was Duce the main RB again?? Duce wasn't even the main RB against the Patriots in the playoffs buddy. He came back for one week and reinjured himself and it was Bettis's job from then on

godfater21 said:
No actually Hilliard was cut. Not that he didnt want to stay. Do you watch football? Because i'm really starting to doubt it. :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom