Players to look at for next years draft | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Players to look at for next years draft

godfater21 said:
I'm not talking about what the team will do. i'm talking about 1 player, 1 position, and what he does. also you can't say well the steelers did not ask much from Big ben thats why he did so good. Look at Eli Manning. the Giants did good with Warner. they put Manning in and when down hill. Manning even had a better running game with Barber then Big Ben did with Duce and bettis. there recieving core was about equal too with maybe a sight bit better on the steeler side. Ward being a little better than toomer. Hillard is better than Burress so it almost balances out. Eli Manning, Carson Palmer, and Matt Leinhart are going to be like Jake Plummer. all hype up to be the next great QB, and every year your going to here this is his break out year. but it just never seems to happen.[/QUOTE=godfater21]
Actually No he didn't.Yes Barber had a great season, but the Steelers had the best running game in the league last year. Thats not opinion thats fact. Look up the stats. I think you might wanna start doing your homework before you come and take the test.

godfater21 said:
I'm not talking about what the team will do. i'm talking about 1 player, 1 position, and what he does. also you can't say well the steelers did not ask much from Big ben thats why he did so good. Look at Eli Manning. the Giants did good with Warner. they put Manning in and when down hill. Manning even had a better running game with Barber then Big Ben did with Duce and bettis. there recieving core was about equal too with maybe a sight bit better on the steeler side. Ward being a little better than toomer. Hillard is better than Burress so it almost balances out. Eli Manning, Carson Palmer, and Matt Leinhart are going to be like Jake Plummer. all hype up to be the next great QB, and every year your going to here this is his break out year. but it just never seems to happen.
I cant believe i missed the part were Hines Ward is slightly better than Toomer and that Hilliard is better than Burress :roflmao: . You've got to be kidding me. Hines Ward shouldnt even be in the same conversation as the other three. He is hands down better than any of them. And Hilliard better than Burress? What? I'm not a Burress fan by any means but i would take him any day of the week over Hilliard.

godfater21 said:
I'm not talking about what the team will do. i'm talking about 1 player, 1 position, and what he does. also you can't say well the steelers did not ask much from Big ben thats why he did so good. Look at Eli Manning. the Giants did good with Warner. they put Manning in and when down hill. Manning even had a better running game with Barber then Big Ben did with Duce and bettis. there recieving core was about equal too with maybe a sight bit better on the steeler side. Ward being a little better than toomer. Hillard is better than Burress so it almost balances out. Eli Manning, Carson Palmer, and Matt Leinhart are going to be like Jake Plummer. all hype up to be the next great QB, and every year your going to here this is his break out year. but it just never seems to happen.

The Giants WRs equal to the Steelers? :roflmao:

J Tes said:
Actually No he didn't.Yes Barber had a great season, but the Steelers had the best running game in the league last year. Thats not opinion thats fact. Look up the stats. I think you might wanna start doing your homework before you come and take the test.

If you add up both steelers backs yards and compare them to Barbers alone than yes they have more. but if you break it down to Barber Vs Duce when he started(because bettis was more of a goal line back) and Barber Vs Bettis when he started(because Duce was hurt) you will see that the giants had the better running game. you have to look at what the numbers mean not just match up totals and compare which is bigger and which is smaller. so the next time you do your "homework" to try and prove you know more about football than me. you should put in some more effort because right now you have about a D+ average.

J Tes said:
I cant believe i missed the part were Hines Ward is slightly better than Toomer and that Hilliard is better than Burress :roflmao: . You've got to be kidding me. Hines Ward shouldnt even be in the same conversation as the other three. He is hands down better than any of them. And Hilliard better than Burress? What? I'm not a Burress fan by any means but i would take him any day of the week over Hilliard.

Burress is a Peerless Price he looks good because he plays on the other side of a great WR. Burress is not great if he was then the Vikings would have signed him to replace Moss. instead the Giants signed him to replace there #2 WR in Hillard who they will lose soon. and Yes Ward may have been good since he was a rookie and it took Toomer time to find himself. but yes they are pretty close with the edge going to Ward.

Double D said:
you forgot a qb jason white

Jason White is not projected as a #1 overall, save your franchise QB type. like Lienhart is, and Palmer was. My point is simply that neither will be.

so what you're saying is that if Matt Leinart leads his team to Superbowl victories, but doesnt break numerous records or goes into the Hall of Fame, his career is a failure?

:roflmao:

i love ur giants-steelers WR comparisson, thats a good one

sodenj5 said:
so what you're saying is that if Matt Leinart leads his team to Superbowl victories, but doesnt break numerous records or goes into the Hall of Fame, his career is a failure?

:roflmao:

i love ur giants-steelers WR comparisson, thats a good one

Yes superbowls IS A TEAM THING. Dilfer has a SB win would you say he had a great carrer? Mark Rypin has a SB win did he have a great career? the answer to both is NO. there where poor QBs on great teams. Example Barry Sander does not have a championship mainly do to poor coaching and not a lack of team talent. but He is still the Greatest RB ever to play the game. if he would have played one more year he would have passed walter payton. if he would have played just 3 more years he would have put the record so far out of reach Emmitt would not have even came close. NO, i'm not saying emmitt is a bad RB. But YES i'm saying Emmitts SB wins does not make him a better RB than Barry Sanders.

Water covers 75% of the world...Surtain and Madison cover the rest.

BlitPhinFan said:
I got a chuckle out of this, thank you. :up:

EDIT: For on topic discussion... sorry, I just liked the sig. )
except for anything that "Moulds: :D.

godfater21 said:
If you add up both steelers backs yards and compare them to Barbers alone than yes they have more. but if you break it down to Barber Vs Duce when he started(because bettis was more of a goal line back) and Barber Vs Bettis when he started(because Duce was hurt) you will see that the giants had the better running game. you have to look at what the numbers mean not just match up totals and compare which is bigger and which is smaller. so the next time you do your "homework" to try and prove you know more about football than me. you should put in some more effort because right now you have about a D+ average.

Of course Barber is going to have more, Staley and Bettis split carries, while Tiki Barber was the giants featured back. It would only be logical that one back who had a great season would have more yards than 2 backs that had good seasons, but split carries on the same team. I think it's you with the D+ average sir.

First off, I like Kellen Clemens a whole lot more then the pathetic QB's in this years draft. We got Gus, which will start at some time this coming season, because Feeley will flop, but to save some kind of face for this org, they will try to make a go of feeley starting out. thats why i say, if we cant move of the #2 pick, then we take Caddy. Then, next season, we can grab Kellen. That game against OU, he did a fantastic job, the numbers may not have proven it, but I never look at the numbers. there arent many teams that can compete with OU.

OU, OSU, Michigan, USC, and Miami, could give the bottom 5 teams in the NFL a run for their money, let alone their college counterparts.

In 2007, i wonder if my boy Ted Ginn will be on that draft class list. If he is, he will be the #1 overall. When it comes to athletic ability, there is no comparison to Ted, in 2007. If he sticks around for his senior year, the #1 overall pick should give half his signing bonus to Ted.

Wait until 06 to draft a QB!! Im all on board with drafting Kellen Clemens in 06!!

godfater21 said:
Yes superbowls IS A TEAM THING. Dilfer has a SB win would you say he had a great carrer? Mark Rypin has a SB win did he have a great career? the answer to both is NO. there where poor QBs on great teams. Example Barry Sander does not have a championship mainly do to poor coaching and not a lack of team talent. but He is still the Greatest RB ever to play the game. if he would have played one more year he would have passed walter payton. if he would have played just 3 more years he would have put the record so far out of reach Emmitt would not have even came close. NO, i'm not saying emmitt is a bad RB. But YES i'm saying Emmitts SB wins does not make him a better RB than Barry Sanders.

so say, just strictly as a for instance, that the Dolphins draft Leinart, and during his career, Leinart goes to maybe 2 Pro Bowls, puts up above average numbers, nothing spectacular or dazzling,but the Dolphins win 3 Superbowls during his career with them, over say 10 years. Would you look back and regret drafting Matt Leinart? would you say, if only we had drafted Alex Smith the year before?? I dont think so

Back
Top Bottom