Players WITH & WITHOUT Tannehill | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Players WITH & WITHOUT Tannehill

The team also had Adrian Petersen, and the offense was built around Petersen. It's no wonder Wallace had a bad year.

Cameron was most definitely NOT top notch tight end before coming here. He had one good year and three very mediocre years. He's a one year wonder
sadly, it seems like this is true. I had high hopes for the guy last year - especially after week 1 where he flashed.

Just for the sake of accuracy, Pittsburgh did not let Wallace go. They offered him a slightly larger contract than they offered Brown, and Wallace turned it down. Keep in mind that this was before Brown was considered a top-10 WR, let alone the best in the league.

I agree that it is not the same as cutting him, but Pitt did let him go.

The offer to him was in the offseason before his last season in Pitt. As the quote below shows, he was on his way out during his last season. Frankly, the Steelers were lucky he didn't take their offer.

While Antonio Brown wants to spend his entire career with the Pittsburgh Steelers, the same won't be said of impending free agent wide receiver Mike Wallace.

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette acknowledges that the Steelers are likely to lose Wallace, who "turned off some in the front office and the coaching staff" with last year's holdout. The writing has been on the wall since head coach Mike Tomlin demoted Wallace to "co-starter" with Emmanuel Sanders in November. The speedster went on to complain about his role in coordinator Todd Haley's spread-the-wealth offense while struggling with concentration and effort.

The Steelers have no plans to slap Wallace with the franchise tag after he reportedly turned down an offer in the five-year, $50 million range last offseason.

I will never understand why everyone wants to argue about a QB who will either do well enough this year to keep or does poorly enough to drop like he's hot when the year is over.

I will never understand why everyone wants to argue about a QB who will either do well enough this year to keep or does poorly enough to drop like he's hot when the year is over.

Because he's never been bad enough to drop to begin with...

Guy puts you in position to score 23 in Seattle and the 13 points that never happened were outside of his control. When that is the case as it has been time and time again, you must eventually come to the conclusion that the QB is not the issue...

I agree that it is not the same as cutting him, but Pitt did let him go.

The offer to him was in the offseason before his last season in Pitt. As the quote below shows, he was on his way out during his last season. Frankly, the Steelers were lucky he didn't take their offer.

Very lucky. It'd be like the 90's Cowboys taking Alvin Harper over Michael Irvin. Different types of players, but I think the general point is obvious enough.

Back
Top Bottom