Playoff Scenarios | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Playoff Scenarios

Yes we would have the same Conference record and Either Better Common opp. Winning % or Strength of victory

so do we have the tiebreaker over balt?

only if they lose to Pittsburgh . . . but then Tennessee figure is to the equation now . . . but they have a tuff game next week vs. San Diego.

The best way to get in is Bmore losing to Pitt and New England beating Jville.

Would be nice if San Diego can beat Tennesee as well.

Still this is all pointless if we don't win out.

Even if Baltimore loses to Oak or Pit, if Jacksonville wins out they'd win a 3-way tiebreak with Mia and Bal with a better AFC record. Jags will still win a 9-7 tiebreak for 2nd place in their division over Tenn.

Let's see how these late games go and then figure it out reliably.

At least the Jets choked today, so we don't have to add them to the equation.

I like Christmas but I don't believe in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, or the tooth fairy. I like the dolphins, but I don't believe they will get a playoff berth.

Is hope of your team that hard for you to deal with they are 7-7 nothing to be Embarrassed about. they Have played well for the most part this season. Im sorry that there is 2 weeks left that we Have to play. We Should wave the white flag

Hope is for losers, and right now the Dolphins are losers. I form my opinion on odds and results. The Dolphins chances are so slim it's not even worth talking about. If you can't deal with reality that's your problem, silly homers.

Hope is for losers, and right now the Dolphins are losers. I form my opinion on odds and results. The Dolphins chances are so slim it's not even worth talking about. If you can't deal with reality that's your problem, silly homers.

I thought the purpose of the VIP stuff was to weed out the garbage posts. What's happened, cause all of your posts are garbage.

PS 7-7 is not a losing record. Educate yourself...:up:

so is tennesse ahead of us? say balt, and jax lose does that mean we are in or does tenn have us?

so is tennesse ahead of us? say balt, and jax lose does that mean we are in or does tenn have us?

as long as they lose to San Diego next week then we will be in front of them because they drop to 7-8 obviously, but we have to win out and hope pitt beats balt and jax loses to NE.

Well no need to get Personal, but why do we watch sports. To HOPE!!!!! your team wins. I do not play the games, neither do you so all we have is Hope and if you cant deal with it GET OFF MY THREAD AND THIS MESSAGE BOARD.

Honestly it's not as bad as I figured

I mean........is it possible Pitt beats Balt? Sure. New England is much better then Jacksonville, and our last two games are at least home.

It's not really bad

We have to get back to where we were at last year as far as turnovers go.....thats what killed us today.........you have 8 possessions in the red zone and 3 times u turn it over.......this game wouldnt have been gone into OT.

Post Week 15 Playoff Thread

This was a tuff loss. I mean you can't turn the ball over 3 times inside the opponents 30 and expect to win . . . we lucked out last week with that crap, but it was too much this week.

Luckily, this loss didn't do a whole lot to damage our playoff chances (wildcard). Yea a few more things need to happen but nothing serious. Here is a closer look:

Division:

This loss KILLED our division chances. We went from having to win out and New England losing ONCE . . . to having to win out and New England losing TWICE. Doubt that happens . . you can pretty much crown New England the AFC East Champs. That was the biggest damaging hit with this loss.

Wildcard:

It gets a little tougher to make this wildcard, but nothing damaging. Going into this game . . . we needed to win out and hope Bmore lost a game. Now, we still need Bmore to lose a game . . . just the game HAS to be the one against Pittsburgh (which was the game we thought they had the best chance to lose). With this, Jville also needs to lose another game . . . they play New England next week . . . in New England . . . should be a Patriot win.

If that happens, and Miami wins their final 2 . . . Miami gets the 6 seed. Obviously I'm not factoring in a Denver meltdown . . . but that could happen as well. Also we want Tennessee to lose again, just to make sure they don't factor into this mix . . . they play against San Diego next week.

I mean everybody could start losing as well . . . but I'm just factoring in the most logical scenarios.

We didn't control our destiny before this game . . . and we still don't . . . we can't focus on these possibilities . . . we just need to win next week, and keep our hopes alive going into that final week. All I ask for is a Chance . . . going into week 17.

so just to be clear we don't need a Tenn loss if Pitt beats Balt and NE beats Jacksonville correct?

We almost beat the Saints. And, we are very close with the Colts... I think we are a Playoff caliber team ONCE we know how to SCORE points early and continue to score points every quarter.

Last game all the score came early, and this week all the score came LATE. This team can certainly get a tons of score, but just turnover so often.

This was a tuff loss. I mean you can't turn the ball over 3 times inside the opponents 30 and expect to win . . . we lucked out last week with that crap, but it was too much this week.

Luckily, this loss didn't do a whole lot to damage our playoff chances (wildcard). Yea a few more things need to happen but nothing serious. Here is a closer look:

Division:

This loss KILLED our division chances. We went from having to win out and New England losing ONCE . . . to having to win out and New England losing TWICE. Doubt that happens . . you can pretty much crown New England the AFC East Champs. That was the biggest damaging hit with this loss.

Wildcard:

It gets a little tougher to make this wildcard, but nothing damaging. Going into this game . . . we needed to win out and hope Bmore lost a game. Now, we still need Bmore to lose a game . . . just the game HAS to be the one against Pittsburgh (which was the game we thought they had the best chance to lose). With this, Jville also needs to lose another game . . . they play New England next week . . . in New England . . . should be a Patriot win.

If that happens, and Miami wins their final 2 . . . Miami gets the 6 seed. Obviously I'm not factoring in a Denver meltdown . . . but that could happen as well. Also we want Tennessee to lose again, just to make sure they don't factor into this mix . . . they play against San Diego next week.

I mean everybody could start losing as well . . . but I'm just factoring in the most logical scenarios.

We didn't control our destiny before this game . . . and we still don't . . . we can't focus on these possibilities . . . we just need to win next week, and keep our hopes alive going into that final week. All I ask for is a Chance . . . going into week 17.

Thats all you can hope for at this point, we might get lucky and teams might start laying down lol

Back
Top Bottom