Playoffs or not... Ireland needs to stay another year. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums
So are you saying the supposition behind the 2013 draft class is that Ireland decided to draft players which will take 2-3 years to develop? I thought he was drafting to win in 2013 because he knew his job was on the line. I guess he knew something we didn't. I don't have a problem with this strategy in a general sense. I just have a hard time believing Jeff had the long term view going into this draft. If our 2013 class produces some gems outside of Jordan, it feels more like luck than savvy.

Who cares what "it feels" like? Deal with what it is. You know, reality at the time.

It's funny how one result this Sunday is going to probably be the judge and jury when it comes to ALOT of the pieces on this team . . . atleast in the eyes of your typical Finheaven poster.

My personal opinion on it is, win or lose, Jeff Ireland/Joe Philbin are safe . . . but I do think going into year 3 together, it probably means they are officially a "package deal" . . . meaning you aren't firing one without the other. I think if you fired Jeff Ireland after this season, you probably would of kept Joe Philbin. Next year I think if you have another "meh" type of season . . . both are in the line of fire, and if one goes down, so does the other.

I think he should go.

Not finding a LT after Rat Fink went awol and not getting rid of Cogs after that sexual assault, sealed his fate with me. With that said, I believe he honestly wants to build a winner and has given his best effort. The problem is, his decision making is directly manifested in the team. That is to say, he's inconsistent and talented, but not exceptional, just like this team. Just like this coaching staff. This franchise needs someone exceptional to deliver it out of mediocrity and being at GM would be a huge step forward.

My hope is this, if he does survive, that he tames his ego a bit, and has the wherewithal to find a very good number 2, that can compliment his position and makes much better player assessments in the areas he's weak in. IE, o-line and lb's.

I think it's completely indisputable that he has found nice players and nice acorns, but IMHO he needs someone to help him find great players if this team is ever really going to be of championship caliber.

Back
Top Bottom