Playoffs or not... Ireland needs to stay another year. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums
Sherman a failure in GB.

A failure at Texas A&M.

And we make him our offensive coordinator. He's the WORST OC in the league hands down.

Every single third down call is a pass that is within 1 yard of the first down marker. EVERY receiver is running an out or a square in to within one yard of the first down marker. Look at virtually EVERY third down call of the season. The Bills DBacks knew it and smothered all receivers on 3rd down knowing if it was 3rd and 5, it would be a 4-yard out or in.

Pathetic and sooooo predictable that my buddies and I all say, "Third and 4, here comes a 3 yard square out." and wa-lah, there it is. Sherman needs fired 10 seconds after our last game and Ireland 20 seconds after our last game.

I would like to know who are you going to replace Ireland with? Idk why our new lb's suck. Dansby, I am the greatest linebacker in the world, sucked. He came in the one year fat and out of shape. Now he is playing decent on a loosing franchise. Is that Ireland's/Philbins fault. The fact that we will be 9 and 7 this year, indicates to me we will be 11 and 5 next year. We will back into the play offs this year. How many pro bowlers has the great belicheat drafted the last four years?

The Patriots have drafted five Pro Bowlers since 2008. Ireland has drafted one in that time and it was with the first overall pick (I'm not counting this year since the Pro Bowl roster hasn't been announced yet). Unless you believe that Ireland had no hand in the drafts previous to Parcells leaving, that is. In that case, Ireland has drafted no Pro Bowlers during his tenure.

The irony is that Ireland has built the team to defend the pass. That's why the Dolphins are more competitive vs the Patriots and Steelers, but not vs power running teams like the Bills and Panthers. That strategy works fine when your offense is explosive enough to surge to quick leads that force the opponent to play to the strength of your defense, the pass.

So should the Dolphins' draft strategy be to continue to make the offense more explosive? Or should they adapt to becoming a team that is more balanced, that is more efficient at running the ball and stopping the run? That seems to me to be the dilemma, irrespective of who is the GM. I think I'd rather that the Dolphins transition to a power running team that can also stop the run. That's what the Colts are trying to do, and what the Chiefs and Bengals are.
I like the first part of your post and agree. We need to continue to strive to be more of an explosive type offense and score more points IMO. How long has it been since we had a top 12-15 offense? With all the faults of this defense that people want to point out if we could just find a way to score a little more points per game on offense it would do wonders.

The Patriots have drafted five Pro Bowlers since 2008. Ireland has drafted one in that time and it was with the first overall pick (I'm not counting this year since the Pro Bowl roster hasn't been announced yet). Unless you believe that Ireland had no hand in the drafts previous to Parcells leaving, that is. In that case, Ireland has drafted no Pro Bowlers during his tenure.

And we've been picking in the top 15 for 5 out of the 6 years he's been here. What do we have to show for it?

I gave you thumbs up. Not because I agree with your argument, but because of the manner in which you expressed it. You're a breath of fresh air.

I think the thumbs up, thumbs down thing became more of a poll on the topic than an appreciation for your post...which is unfortunate, but not surprising.

I thought Finheaven was too toxic for Ckparrothead?

teams that are "a couple players away" don't have valued GM's making trade-ups for luxury picks that don't play 60-65% of downs on D... and others who can't get of hospital wards to contribute... or get passed over for street guys off other teams PS when we're desperate on the OL... just sayin

btw, we've yet to find out who authorized the $30k hush up for Incog's "Eight Iron" intrusion

And we've been picking in the top 15 for 5 out of the 6 years he's been here. What do we have to show for it?

he dropped down to 24 I believe for odrick and misi.

you saying right here right now Jordan a bust?

tannehill?

pounce is good. not buying.

On teams with more talent, rookies have a more difficult time breaking into the lineup. We had holes enough that some rookies should have been able to become starters if our rookie crop was good enough.

I can understand Dion Jordan not cracking the starting lineup because we used our 1st pick in the area we least needed help, but let's look at the next 5 picks:
Jamar Taylor - the opportunity was there but he couldn't crack the starting lineup.
Dalas Thomas - the opportunity was there but he couldn't crack the starting lineup despite the talentless void that has been our O-line.
Will Davis - the opportunity was there but he couldn't crack the starting lineup.
Dion Sims - the opportunity was there but he couldn't hold onto the starting job
Mike Gillislee - the opportunity was there but he couldn't crack the starting lineup.

If any of these guys were even decent picks they'd have cracked the starting lineup.

philbin believes in veterans playing. its that simple.

what I see coming next year is GB offense from 2-3 years ago. Wallace and Gibson and Matthews will shine every week. no more acclamation to offense. it will go much smoother imo than this year.

if jeff Ireland can get us a tall TE stud, its all over if OL fixed. I know that's a big if for you but.....one more year. by then, philbin will have these guys hummin.

Sherman a failure in GB.

A failure at Texas A&M.

And we make him our offensive coordinator. He's the WORST OC in the league hands down.

Every single third down call is a pass that is within 1 yard of the first down marker. EVERY receiver is running an out or a square in to within one yard of the first down marker. Look at virtually EVERY third down call of the season. The Bills DBacks knew it and smothered all receivers on 3rd down knowing if it was 3rd and 5, it would be a 4-yard out or in.

Pathetic and sooooo predictable that my buddies and I all say, "Third and 4, here comes a 3 yard square out." and wa-lah, there it is. Sherman needs fired 10 seconds after our last game and Ireland 20 seconds after our last game.

I'll say this, I don't hammer Philbin/Sherman/Turner nearly as much as a lot of posters do on this board . . . especially Sherman/Turner. I bet Jim Turner looks at this group of offensive lineman like "wtf did I get myself into". They don't fit his scheme at all, except for Pouncey. Where I do find some fault with Turner at this stage is not realizing that Mike Pouncey seems to have a tell on film and the success we were having with Nate Garner at Center. He should of been willing to move Mike Pouncey to LG when he got healthy instead of forcing him back at center.

Lack of adjustments from the entire offensive coaching staff is my biggest gripe with them. Sure the personnel isn't ideal, but at some point you have to try something different . . . and in that 2nd half of that Buffalo game they did nothing different and didn't realize anything Buffalo was doing from the first half. That worries me.

I'll say this, I don't hammer Philbin/Sherman/Turner nearly as much as a lot of posters do on this board . . . especially Sherman/Turner. I bet Jim Turner looks at this group of offensive lineman like "wtf did I get myself into". They don't fit his scheme at all, except for Pouncey. Where I do find some fault with Turner at this stage is not realizing that Mike Pouncey seems to have a tell on film and the success we were having with Nate Garner at Center. He should of been willing to move Mike Pouncey to LG when he got healthy instead of forcing him back at center.

Lack of adjustments from the entire offensive coaching staff is my biggest gripe with them. Sure the personnel isn't ideal, but at some point you have to try something different . . . and in that 2nd half of that Buffalo game they did nothing different and didn't realize anything Buffalo was doing from the first half. That worries me.

Lets just blame Ireland for that too. Its his fault wr implemented a complicated blocking scheme in which we didn't have the personel for. Maybe our line would be better if wr used a normal scheme that fits all 5 of our guys instead of just one. Its his fault our OC can't make adjustments and that's the guy Philbin wanted. Its Irelands fault that none of our damned rookies are playing. I mean wtf.. Sit Cameron Wake and Oliver Vernon for Christ sakes. Put in Jordan!!!! FFS!!! Sit Grimes/Carroll and Patterson healthy down so our two rookies can start!!! Who gives a **** if Wilson is playing great as the Nickle!!! He's a second year player!!! Bench him for one of our rookie CB's!!!! Arrrrrg Ireland can't draft for ****!!!;

45 million in cap space and 5 picks in the first 3 rounds with a QB in place. Considering the state of the AFC, this team should be the 4th seed at worst, and yet we need help just to be the 6th seed. Fail.

45 million in cap space and 5 picks in the first 3 rounds with a QB in place. Considering the state of the AFC, this team should be the 4th seed at worst, and yet we need help just to be the 6th seed. Fail.

look at my post above yours for my response to this overly complained about "issue"

Lets just blame Ireland for that too. Its his fault wr implemented a complicated blocking scheme in which we didn't have the personel for. Maybe our line would be better if wr used a normal scheme that fits all 5 of our guys instead of just one. Its his fault our OC can't make adjustments and that's the guy Philbin wanted. Its Irelands fault that none of our damned rookies are playing. I mean wtf.. Sit Cameron Wake and Oliver Vernon for Christ sakes. Put in Jordan!!!! FFS!!! Sit Grimes/Carroll and Patterson healthy down so our two rookies can start!!! Who gives a **** if Wilson is playing great as the Nickle!!! He's a second year player!!! Bench him for one of our rookie CB's!!!! Arrrrrg Ireland can't draft for ****!!!;

When I see Nolan Carroll come out of the game with a rib injury and then a play later limping back on the field holding his ribs because there is absolutely no faith in the 2 top 3 round rookies we drafted . . . that is an indictment on Jeff Ireland. I've seen that happen 3 times this year. It bothers me. Cam Wake hasn't been nearly as effective this season because of his injury lingering all year . . . yet we can't get Dion Jordan on the field more. It bothers me. Dallas Thomas = no explanation needed. You draft an offensive lineman in the top 3 rounds . . . . with this offensive line that we have . . . and you can't even sniff the field? Smh. Hell the only reason Jelani Jenkins gets burn is because Phillip Wheeler has been so god awful.

What I don't blame Jeff Ireland for is a team coming out flat last Sunday and I certainly don't blame him for in game adjustments, but 2 years in and plenty of cap space, Jeff Ireland should of done a better job getting pieces for the type of oline we need to have to be successful. You bring in Clabo, who certainly has performed better in the 2nd half of the season but really isn't a fit for this oline. McKinnie has been a savior, but a guy who could of been had early on and only was considered AFTER watching Jonathan Martin stink it up for half a season and then bullygate. If bullygate never happened, McKinnie is not on this team and we aren't in the position we are in. Who is that on? That's on Jeff Ireland. He drafted that marshmallow and did nothing to improve him. You gotta give your staff something to work with. Incognito is a terrible fit . . . yet when you are Jeff Ireland, are you really going to gamble on your ability to do better on the oline when you have been so god awful at addressing it? Hell no.

Next year the offensive line needs to be addressed heavilty. Expect Incognito, Jerry, Clabo, Mckinnie and Martin to be all gone from this team. Pouncey could be facing some legal issues as well with the whole Aaron Hernandez thing. You hope Brenner is an answer but it's all very premature with him and you saw him get dominated last week. He's a UDFA, another "acorn" you hope works out. We could use one of those, but again, it is a literal crap shoot. Dallas Thomas, who in the hell knows. Danny Watkins . . . next. Yeatman coming off an ACL. Garner is a lifelong backup who gets injured every other year and can start in a pinch.

It doesn't look good . . . bad drafts, bad oline and free agent busts = Jeff Ireland.

I hope for his successes man, I really do, I am a critic of him and I criticize Tannehill also, I'm not a blind homer like I used to be . . . but at the same time, I hope for the best for the entire team and with Jeff Ireland more than likely staying, I can live with "Where those Jeff Ireland haters at?" . . . I LOVE those threads. It means we've done something right.

He is what his record says he is.... Mediocre to poor.

If that is the barometer for "success" than he should stay another six years.

Dude is flat out the worst kind of Gm you can have.... He is not so bad that it's obvious he needs to go.
He is middling and therefore you are always left thinking "hey if we fix Y and Z, we'll be set".

The problem is when he does get around to fixing Y or Z than A and B need to be repaired.... It's a never ending cycle that leads you to perennial 6 - 9 win seasons.

"never ending cycle"? IN 3 YEARS AS OUR ACTUAL GM? "Never ending"? Really? You have to be a female.lol. Nothing to back up your statement.

Back
Top Bottom