Playoffs? Yes! | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Playoffs? Yes!

MDfinfan said:
Ohhhh! Quit it Justa.,,,
:D. How'fe ya been ? You disappeard from BZ and post here less.

dolfan4good said:
:lol: Justa, you're brutal! Let's agree that right now, it's way too early to even try to guess at how well ANY team will do next season. No draft, no training camps, nothing useful to judge a roster or their possible performance. Maybe Losman is the next Marino. Maybe Feeley is. Maybe they'll both suck @ss. Who knows? We'll find out during the season.

:lol: .... :up:

ether79 said:
I know that our team does have potential and when Troy Vincent went to the pro bowl 2 years ago it was because of Phillys blitz package he's an solid cb but not a savior that would've made your D that much better, or that Milloy would've made made your D better. I also know that if McGahee deserved to start at in the 1st game of the season he would've, he obviously work his way into full time starter. A lot of would've could've should'ves from you too. We'll see once the season starts. I think on PAPER our team has just as good of a chance to make the playoffs than the Bills do.
that's lot easier to respond to. I'm not saying Vincent is a savior and neither are Saban's signings.

To be honest, I am worried about what Saban can do for your D. Thank the heavens that drew is gone or Saban could've easily game planned against him like Bellichick does.

Justasportsfan said:
that's lot easier to respond to. I'm not saying Vincent is a savior and neither are Saban's signings.

To be honest, I am worried about what Saban can do for your D. Thank the heavens that drew is gone or Saban could've easily game planned against him like Bellichick does.
You're right I'm never gonna sit here and say any of our signings or possible draft choices will EVER assure us a playoff spot. I don't like to do that, there are way to many variables, we'll see once the season starts. As for your team I do think it was better to cut your loses with Bledsoe and allow Losman to take the job and along with Mcahee and Evans to start developing for the future.

ether79 said:
You're right I'm never gonna sit here and say any of our signings or possible draft choices will EVER assure us a playoff spot. I don't like to do that, there are way to many variables, we'll see once the season starts. As for your team I do think it was better to cut your loses with Bledsoe and allow Losman to take the job and along with Mcahee and Evans to start developing for the future.
:up:

Justasportsfan said:
a lousy qb. You should know if you watched your team last year :rolleyes:
Point being is that no matter who you had on your defence that you didnt already, wouldnt matter. You already had the #2 defence, so you shouldnt use that as an arguement to why you didnt make it to the playoffs, as your defence was 2nd in the league behind the Steelers.:cool:

Justasportsfan said:
:D. How'fe ya been ? You disappeard from BZ and post here less.

:lol: .... :up:

I've been fine, had to finish the house, and get caught up on other things, I'll be back on the BZ pretty soon, I've pass through a couple of times.

Sauceman said:
That's your opinion and is very debatable.

Oh it will be? Care to elaborate? We lost a good strong safety and we're losing one of the best cornerbacks in the league. We replaced Morlon Greenwood with Donnie Spragan and Junior Seau is probably on his last year.

Again, the 'dominating' defense...

Dramatically? Most likely not. Are you guys forgetting Sammy Morris averaged 4ypc? The year before that, Ricky averaged what, 3.5ypc? And we won 10 games that year too!

Just because we're going to attack more downfield doesn't mean we will be successful in doing so. Our starting QB(s) are inconsistent and unproven.

It really is great being optimistic, but after so many years of the same bull****, we need to wake up and realize that not everything is going to run as ideally as we'd all like. You're assuming every decision that's been made was already successful, and the season is still months away. Tavares Tillman, Donnie Spragan, Vonnie Holliday, Mario Edwards...so on and so forth, ARE ALL UNPROVEN. They may end up being a waste of space. I'm not saying I think that's what will happen, but we won't know until the season starts. And until then, we should all stop assuming that everyone is going to play great, etc etc.
Exactly...

Can we please blow a little less smoke up our own arses in the offseason! Remember people, we are supposed to be somewhat humble this year ... 4-12 :boohoo:

Bumpus said:
Exactly...

Can we please blow a little less smoke up our own arses in the offseason! Remember people, we are supposed to be somewhat humble this year ... 4-12 :boohoo:

This team was 4-12 last year. But this team is not as bad as 4-12. There are plenty of reasons to be optimistic. The Dolphins will be back sooner than later.

Just smoking....

Many people should think by now that Saban is wise and will be a wizzard and become our actual team into playoff berth in the hardest division of NFL.

Look how i see NOW our season opponents (order to be listed late April)

HOME :

• Buffalo this team will refresh his QB and if this game comes early, Dolphins should use field advantage. WIN :up:

• New England the actual champions will improve with offseason moves, but their offense will have problems without a titular offensive coordinator, if this game comes early, Dolphins will have big problems, else if this game is season ending, we might cellebrate like last time. WIN :up:
  • N.Y. Jets the one to beat this year, maybe the hardest game in home and by far, Saban must show a wise game planning. LOSE
  • Denver like all other teams, Broncos will try to beat up, and if this game comes earlier than october, Dolphins will have hard times, but if this is a late season game, they'll bite the dust. WIN :up:
  • Kansas City some bigger problem than Denver, and the same thing, if this game comes earlier than october, Dolphins will have very hard times, but if this is a late season game, this will be phins party. LOSE
  • Atlanta this game has just one question: Vick or not? If Mr Vick comes healthy and his o-line operates he have no real hope. LOSE
  • Carolina somehow i figure this game will be so much of last Rams visit. A mid season game with they having many injures. Just imagine this A.J. will have 5+ TD - 0 INT. WIN :up:
  • Tennessee with so many players out because of salary cap, this won't be the same kind of game than last. WIN :up:
AWAY:
  • Buffalo a hard one in home, but it's the real chance for Saban to build a Florida team that can win at north. WIN :up:
  • New England this one will be the champs figthing to get in the playoff berth. LOSE
  • N.Y. Jets if is early in season, with Fiedler trying to beat his ex-teammates, this game will be a funny one with many mistakes. WIN :up:
  • Oakland Norv Turner will meet an improved Miami offense and if this is in october of later, Miami will have another sunny California party. WIN :up:
  • San Diego will improve from last year because of all the big drafties they own and the genious managing. A very cool game with Charger victory on OT. LOSE
  • New Orleans great game with air action every where, but a bulk score won't mean a happy one. LOSE
  • Tampa Bay the Florida classic will have a strange flavor because of the dramatic style confrontation. WIN :up:
  • Cleveland an upgraded team, but still out of bounds. WIN :up:
This means 10 - 6, much better than last year, but surely out of playoff.

I'm 100% dolphins' fan, and will wait, because i trust Saban, but consider this isn't a likely playoff season.

I think the condition of the teams in the AFCE have been disected enough. We know who has what holes and we know what the hopes are for each team's success. It is fair to say that the four teams are all going to be extremely competitive if all goes well for each in the offseason and the draft. Herein lies the problem....

Since the inception of the 4 team divisions there is now one less wild card berth which all Dolphins fans should be painfully aware of. We failed to make the playoffs when we were at our peak, because instead, a fourth (weak) division winner was given our wildcard spot. I would make a case for revision of the playoffs to eliminate at least one Bye and include at least one more team in the playoffs from each conference. The bye is such a big advantage and it isn't always earned. If you are Pitt, and you live in a crappy division, it is no problem putting together the best record in the conference each year. Meanwhile, teams in good divisions with legitimate competition have to slug it out with each other just to crawl into the playoffs, weakened, and now must endure getting to the SB the hard way, no bye, no home games. SF and Dallas used this edge all through their best days while worthy GB, Det, and Minn teams beat the crap out of one another while SF and Dallas' stars watched from the sidelines.

Well Pitt is still in a crappy division and should be able to keep home field.
The Colts are also in a crappy division and should get a bye.
San Diego seems to be the class of the west, right now, but Denver and KC may make that division interesting along with all the rivalries.
As always, the wildcards are going to be scarce. Baltimore should have a shot as they share Pitt's easy schedule. Jax can get in the same way by beating up Hou and Tenn. So the better teams in the AFCE and AFCW may be SOL! It's unlikely that the second or third place AFCE teams nor the second or third place AFCW teams will have a good enough record to get a WC berth having bludgeoned each other all season and split with tough opponents. The tie-breakers hurt too because teams must win division games. It is very possible that Baltimore and Jacksonville will go to the playoffs, ala tiebreakers, while better teams in Miami, NE, NY, Buf, KC, and Denver will be denied because the playoff system is flawed. It has happened every year since the restructuring. Mostly to us.

:shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

10-6 didn't get us in in 2003. Theoretically, a team could be 13-3 and not get a wildcard while another division winner could be on their way in at 6-10.

Actually, with the currrent NFL format, a terrible division whose teams can only beat each other, could send a 3-13 division winner to the playoffs. It is possible with this system.

Back
Top Bottom