Playoffs? Yes! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Playoffs? Yes!

SCall13 said:
We did crash and burn last year. I wasn't one of the ones who thought another back would pick up RWs slack. But last year we had a coaching staff that had absolutely no direction and no clue what they wanted to do. (until Bates came in and got things rolling a little better) There was bickering amongst the staff and the offense had no idea what was going on. I mean, what, just barely into camp and we change coordinators. And then there is fighting because of the choice. Talk about a huge distraction and a detriment to the team. We won't have that this year. This team, coaches and players, are all pulling or pushing in the same direction. With this type of positive atmosphere, it should make a big difference overall. I feel like it will. This entire team will play better. And like I said, I feel that the close games we lost last year will be the ones we win this year. Yes I'm being optimistic. But I feel like I am being that way with good reason.

Let me quote someone from BZ

Draftboy
" As for Saban being a good HC at the pro level Im still waiting to see that. Was he a good DC? Yes, so was Gregg Williams. Was he a great college coach? Yes so was Butch Davis and Steve Spurrier. He worked for BB well thats a positive but it doesnt mean he's gonna be the next BB. Once again you have nothing to go on saying that Saban is no fool as a pro football HC or a personell evaluator."

Sal Lisitano said:
Hmm...Our D suffered a lot of injuries last season...Our D will be improved this season...our D Line looks pretty good to me...losing Chester and TimBo hurt us big time. Our ST actually played pretty damn good last season...so I don't agree with the ST and D for the Pats Bills and Jets are better than the Fins...but you are correct in saying that the Fins do have the most ??? than any other team in the AFCE...but I feel that with better coaching our O-Line and O will improve...I'm being optimistic and think that the Fins Bills and Jets are pretty much on the same level...I would give a slight edge to the Jets and Bills but I'm hoping that this coaching staff will be able to teach and have these players over achieve...something that has been the main reason why the Pats have been successful...the Pats have a big edge over the other 3 teams in the AFCE but I'm hoping that their run has ended.

Go Fins!!!
Until you team hits the field, it's nothing but a 4-12 team. We can all speculate who's better but the only facts that are out there is that you are coming off from a season being the last place team in the AFCE. Before you give your team credit, let them play.

Here are some famous PREDICTIONS from last year (paraphrase)

" We made playoffs without RW, we'll make it this year "

"Fiedler has a legitimate threat to his job (AJ) , he'll be better"

" Our OL is better than last years".

"Our D will be better with Seau in his second year "

None of which were true.

SCall13 said:
We did crash and burn last year. I wasn't one of the ones who thought another back would pick up RWs slack. But last year we had a coaching staff that had absolutely no direction and no clue what they wanted to do. (until Bates came in and got things rolling a little better) There was bickering amongst the staff and the offense had no idea what was going on. I mean, what, just barely into camp and we change coordinators. And then there is fighting because of the choice. Talk about a huge distraction and a detriment to the team. We won't have that this year. This team, coaches and players, are all pulling or pushing in the same direction. With this type of positive atmosphere, it should make a big difference overall. I feel like it will. This entire team will play better. And like I said, I feel that the close games we lost last year will be the ones we win this year. Yes I'm being optimistic. But I feel like I am being that way with good reason.

I agree that this team will have much better direction, it couldn't have gotten much worse. I love what Saban has done so far with acquiring and discarding players. However, players still have to perform and I am not sure that we have the talent necessary for a playoff run at certain positions, like the OL (especially center and LT) and QB. Hopefully, Houck will make a big difference. I'll be happy with getting back to .500. Anything more would be gravy!

Sal Lisitano said:
Hmm...Our D suffered a lot of injuries last season...Our D will be improved this season...our D Line looks pretty good to me...losing Chester and TimBo hurt us big time. Our ST actually played pretty damn good last season...so I don't agree with the ST and D for the Pats Bills and Jets are better than the Fins...but you are correct in saying that the Fins do have the most ??? than any other team in the AFCE...but I feel that with better coaching our O-Line and O will improve...I'm being optimistic and think that the Fins Bills and Jets are pretty much on the same level...I would give a slight edge to the Jets and Bills but I'm hoping that this coaching staff will be able to teach and have these players over achieve...something that has been the main reason why the Pats have been successful...the Pats have a big edge over the other 3 teams in the AFCE but I'm hoping that their run has ended.

Go Fins!!!

Exactly! BArring injury our D is every bit as good as the rest of our division. Our STs were better last year than they have been in a long time. SO no way are the Bills better than Miami on D and special teams. Even at best. We've made strides this offseason to improve the run defense that hurt us last year because of injuries. We have a much better d-line rotation now. That will improve our run defense. (On paper) So our weak point should be shored back up.

SCall13 said:
no way are the Bills better than Miami on D and special teams.
you've lost your credibility.

All you have is hope as an argument.

Justasportsfan said:
Let me quote someone from BZ

Draftboy
" As for Saban being a good HC at the pro level Im still waiting to see that. Was he a good DC? Yes, so was Gregg Williams. Was he a great college coach? Yes so was Butch Davis and Steve Spurrier. He worked for BB well thats a positive but it doesnt mean he's gonna be the next BB. Once again you have nothing to go on saying that Saban is no fool as a pro football HC or a personell evaluator."

Thanks for quoting someone's opinion. We'll find out. Maybe he will suck. But so far, so good.

I believe!!!

MIAMI, FLORIDA = HOME OF THE 2005 AFC EAST CHAMPION MIAMI DOLPHINS!!!!

SCall13 said:
We'll find out. Maybe he will suck. But so far, so good.
Exactly. :up:

You can improve "ON PAPER" all you want.

It's what goes on ,on the field that counts. Right now, there's nothing to go by but last year.

Justasportsfan said:
you've lost your credibility.

All you have is hope as an argument.

You never had any with me.

So you're saying the Bills defense would have been BETTER than Miami's had Bowens and Chester not gotten hurt? Gimme a break. You have no credibility. The year before, we didn't allow one back to go over 100 yards. We get injured up front and we get ran all over. Getting the D line back and even improving it will get us back up to at least where we were the year before last against the run. I didn't mean we were as good as you LAST year on D. But with all our injured players coming back and adding quality depth, we will be strong in that area again. Stronger. And our special teams were rock solid last year. By far one of our strongest areas.

SCall13 said:

So you're saying the Bills defense would have been BETTER than Miami's had Bowens and Chester not gotten hurt? Gimme a break. You have no credibility. The year before, we didn't allow one back to go over 100 yards. We get injured up front and we get ran all over. Getting the D line back and even improving it will get us back up to at least where we were the year before last against the run. I didn't mean we were as good as you LAST year on D. But with all our injured players coming back and adding quality depth, we will be strong in that area again. Stronger. And our special teams were rock solid last year. By far one of our strongest areas.
ah, back to the could've/would've/should've argument again.

If McGahee started, we would've been in the playoffs. (there must be an echo around here :D )

If Troy Vincent and Milloy didn't get injured we would've been the no. 1 D. :lol:

Your special teams may have been solid in your eyes but we the no. 1 ranked ST and while that's a fact, yours is opinion.

Its okay, he is a Bills fan... that don't see what a winning team looks like as often and as frequently as us as last year was what?, our 3rd loosing season ever? Correct me if im wrong:wink:

kizzaboo said:
Its okay, he is a Bills fan... that don't see what a winning team looks like as often and as frequently as us as last year was what?, our 3rd loosing season ever? Correct me if im wrong:wink:
Say what ? :huh: Are you from mexico too?

SCall13 said:

You can't count on TimBo and Chester having the same kind of years as before, especially TimBo with the back injury. Look what back injuries did to Gradner.... As far as ST... dude, the Bills were ranked the top ST in the league last year. To equate us to them is kind of silly.

Justasportsfan said:
ah, back to the could've/would've/should've argument again.

If McGahee started, we would've been in the playoffs. (there must be an echo around here :D )

If Troy Vincent and Milloy didn't get injured we would've been the no. 1 D. :lol:

Your special teams may have been solid in your eyes but we the no. 1 ranked ST and while that's a fact, yours is opinion.

If a 2nd ranked D in the AFC doesnt get you into the play-offs then I dont know what will... (or was it in the NFL)

Back
Top Bottom