Playoffs? Yes! | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Playoffs? Yes!

Justasportsfan said:
Say what ? :huh:

Only friendly smack about how the Dolphins are the winningest franchise in NFL history. :tongue:

Justasportsfan said:
ah, back to the could've/would've/should've argument again.

If McGahee started, we would've been in the playoffs. Sound familiar?

If Troy Vincent and Milloy didn't get injured we would've been the no. 1 D. :lol:

Your special teams may have been solid in your eyes but we the no. 1 ranked ST and while that's a fact, yours is opinion.

It is a fact that we had a punt return and a kick return for TD for the first time since dinosaurs roamed the earth. Our opponents had one of the worst starting field positions in the league. That is fact.

McGahee wasn't THAT much better than Henry last year - if at all. The difference in the two last year is the McGahee doesn't fumble. NOW THIS COMING season, McGahee should show his total abilities. You should just hope his knee holds up.
Vincent is old. he wouldn't have made that big a difference for you guys anyway. Lawyer Milloy...hmmmm...pretty good player. But he alone wouldn't have taken you guys over the top.
I do want to bring up another fact from last year. The BIlls had an easy schedule last year. They also couldn't beat the Steelers 3rd string in agame that would have gotten the Bills in the playoffs. You can thank another Bills fan for reminding me of this. The Bills looked better statistically than they actually were. We both have tougher schdules this year than last, so we'll see who turns out the better record.
Lastly, I want to apologize for saying you have no credibility with me. I value everyones OPINION. :wink:

SCall13 said:
Lastly, I want to apologize for saying you have no credibility with me. I value everyones OPINION. :wink:
Now there's a Fin Fan with class! :up:

dolfan4good said:
You can't count on TimBo and Chester having the same kind of years as before, especially TimBo with the back injury. Look what back injuries did to Gradner.... As far as ST... dude, the Bills were ranked the top ST in the league last year. To equate us to them is kind of silly.

Our special teams were good last year.
AS for Timbo and Chester: No we can't count on them being the same players they were two years ago. BUT, we brought in some help for the D line rotation that should make our D line as good as it was two years ago. We will have fresh and able bodies in the game and Bowens and Chester will be part of the rotation of good linemen.

kizzaboo said:
If a 2nd ranked D in the AFC doesnt get you into the play-offs then I dont know what will... (or was it in the NFL)
a lousy qb. You should know if you watched your team last year :rolleyes:

SCall13 said:
It is a fact that we had a punt return and a kick return for TD for the first time since dinosaurs roamed the earth. Our opponents had one of the worst starting field positions in the league. That is fact.

McGahee wasn't THAT much better than Henry last year - if at all. The difference in the two last year is the McGahee doesn't fumble. NOW THIS COMING season, McGahee should show his total abilities. You should just hope his knee holds up.
Vincent is old. he wouldn't have made that big a difference for you guys anyway. Lawyer Milloy...hmmmm...pretty good player. But he alone wouldn't have taken you guys over the top.
I do want to bring up another fact from last year. The BIlls had an easy schedule last year. They also couldn't beat the Steelers 3rd string in agame that would have gotten the Bills in the playoffs. You can thank another Bills fan for reminding me of this. The Bills looked better statistically than they actually were. We both have tougher schdules this year than last, so we'll see who turns out the better record.

Haha! Vincent is old and yet every player you got makes you better? Troy was a probowler the year before. Sure :lol:

Gus should make you better. He's a young one.

Like I isad, you can be paper champs in your mind. Right now your team is nothing but a 4-12 team. :evil:

Great thread/post, and I whole heartedly agree. This team isn't nearly as bad as advertised. Bad things just happened to this team at the worst possible times. Hell, last years offseason was a freakin circus. Then Ricky walked out on us a week before training camp to ice the cake. We were doomed for a horrible season. It was inevitable. Though talent still remains on this team, on both sides of the ball. And I think with a good draft, playoffs in 05 is certainly not out of the question. Though I still will go into next year with no expectations.

Justasportsfan said:
Haha! Vincent is old and yet every player you got makes you better? Troy was a probowler the year before. Sure :lol:

Like I isad, you can be paper champs in your mind. Right now your team is nothing but a 4-12 team. :evil:

How can you say that we are nothing but a 4-12 team...actually we are 0-0...just like all the other 31 teams.

We brought Gus in because he knows the Linehan's system...that is actually a smart thing that they did...oh and Gus was also a Pro Bowler...

You say that Holcomb is so good...why? He got released from a horrid team...what has Holcomb done? Nothing!!! Gus on the other hand played behind one of the top 5 QB's in the league...Gus may actually fit in good with this team. Your arguement does not make sense...just becuase you had a good record the season before does not guarantee you how successful you will be next season...and just becuase you had a bad season does not guranatee you another unsuccessful season...look at today's nfl...teams go from losing records to going the the SB in 1 year....example Pats...Panthers...Ravens...Rams...those are some of the teams who had fast turnarounds.

So I don't buy into everything you are saying...but I agree that the Fins do have the most ??? going into this season...and I have faith in Saban & Co.!!!

Go Fins!!!

Justasportsfan said:

Right our team was 4-12 your's might have been better, but if you don't win the superbowl it DOESN'T matter. You'd think a guy who likes a team who's always been the bridesmaid and NEVER the bride would know that though.

Sal Lisitano said:
How can you say that we are nothing but a 4-12 team...actually we are 0-0...just like all the other 31 teams.
It's the only thing we have have that's a FACT to base on. Everything else is paper. On paper the bills still have the no. 2 D and no.1 ST.

Sal Lisitano said:
We brought Gus in because he knows the Linehan's system...that is actually a smart thing that they did...oh and Gus was also a Pro Bowler...
Exactly my point. He says that Vincent is older and yet Gus makes you better? I bet if you signed Dan , he'd still say you guys are beter .
Sal Lisitano said:
You say that Holcomb is so good...why? He got released from a horrid team...what has Holcomb done? Nothing!!! Gus on the other hand played behind one of the top 5 QB's in the league...Gus may actually fit in good with this team.
I never said Holcomb is so good. IMO he's better than AJ. If Ferrotte was all that, why wasn't he a starter last year? Wasn't Testaverde in Parcells system before? How did that pan out?

You have two back-up qb's fighting for the starting job right now. Good luck.

Sal Lisitano said:
Your arguement does not make sense...just becuase you had a good record the season before does not guarantee you how successful you will be next season...and just becuase you had a bad season does not guranatee you another unsuccessful season...look at today's nfl...teams go from losing records to going the the SB in 1 year....example Pats...Panthers...Ravens...Rams...those are some of the teams who had fast turnarounds.
Show me anywhere where I guaranteed the bills' success. I agree, anyone can turn the team around in 1 year, that includes the Jets and Bills and not just the fins. So if you finfans want to talk playoffs, your team has company. You yourself said it, It's the AFCE not the NFC.
Sal Lisitano said:
So I don't buy into everything you are saying...but I agree that the Fins do have the most ??? going into this season...and I have faith in Saban & Co.!!!

Go Fins!!!
Don't worry, I wasn't selling :D.

ether79 said:
Right our team was 4-12 your's might have been better, but if you don't win the superbowl it DOESN'T matter. You'd think a guy who likes a team who's always been the bridesmaid and NEVER the bride would know that though.
when you actually know how to talk about the subject at hand, let us know. :D

Justasportsfan said:

Ohhhh! Quit it Justa.,,, :lol:

Actually, I don't see the Dolphins making the playoffs this upcoming season. What I see is Saban starting to build a team from the draft, some vets, and also cap hell. I see him doing the best he can with what he's got. Just not all the way to the promised land. While I hope I'm wrong, I just don't see it. I also don't see AJ as a savior like most proclaim. I guess after hearing everyone love on Ray Lucas, and then on Brian Griese, and how great they would be in place of Jay Fiedler.....I'm a little gun shy to say who's going to be good. I'll stand behind the team no matter who's playing. Just don't see AJ as the man.
Is it just me or does Miami seem to be the home of back up QB's lately? Fiedler, Lucas, Griese, AJ, and now Gus.
Most likely the 2006 season we'll be in the hunt. Of course, this is still the offseason so who's to day what happens between then and now?

Just a feeling and opinion is all.

Justasportsfan said:
:lol: Justa, you're brutal! Let's agree that right now, it's way too early to even try to guess at how well ANY team will do next season. No draft, no training camps, nothing useful to judge a roster or their possible performance. Maybe Losman is the next Marino. Maybe Feeley is. Maybe they'll both suck @ss. Who knows? We'll find out during the season.

Justasportsfan said:

I know that our team does have potential and when Troy Vincent went to the pro bowl 2 years ago it was because of Phillys blitz package he's an solid cb but not a savior that would've made your D that much better, or that Milloy would've made made your D better. I also know that if McGahee deserved to start at in the 1st game of the season he would've, he obviously work his way into full time starter. A lot of would've could've should'ves from you too. We'll see once the season starts. I think on PAPER our team has just as good of a chance to make the playoffs than the Bills do.

Back
Top Bottom