Playoffs? Yes! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Playoffs? Yes!

Justasportsfan said:
You don't have a legitimate rb. You don't have a proven qb. Your Ol has yet to gel. What has Saban done as a HC in the NFL to PROVE that he has what it takes? Spurrier and Davis were great college coaches too.

I can play that game too. Drew is gone JP WILL be a great qb. What has he done to prove that? Nothing , but like you I can only guess. :D.

Willis is in his second year. If he started since the start of the season instead of Henry, we would've made playoffs. Do I know that for a fact? NO. Like you , I can play should've , could've, would've.

Just like Houck, McNally is considered one of the best OL coaches in the league. Difference is, This is MCnAlly's second year. Our OL will be better and that's my guess.

Our D was no. 2 and we will be better. Do I know that for sure? No. But like you I can guess.

Our ST was no. 1 and will be continue to be better. Again, I m guessing , like you.

So based on my guesses, we too are gonna make the playoffs. :D.

Pats are defending champs, the Jets are getting better, the bills are gonna be better w/ Mularkey's 2nd year (I'm guessing here) and the fins according to you are gonna be better.

I guess our guesses means all the AFCE teams are all gonna make playoffs. :up: How's that for realism?

You are correct...the Fins are entering this season will a lot of ??? and a lot to prove. I think that the Fins have a shot and can contend for the last Wild Card spot...I'm not saying that they will get it...I'm saying that they have a chance to contend for it...I'm guessing an 8-8 maybe 9-7 season...it all depends how the other AFC East teams do...it's one of the toughest divisions in the NFL...but I got to admit...I feel much better going into this season with Saban & Co. than with Wanny or another coach/coaching staff. We'll just have to wait and see...thinks should be interesting in the AFC East. The Bills need to start off strong...playing late in Buffalo is a tough place to play...advantage Bills...I feel that if they didn't start slow last season...they would have got the wild card...oh well. I think that AFC East fans are in for an interesting season ahead.

Go Fins!!!

i think we will make the playoffs....we have a good squad

We do have a good core on both sides of the ball, especially defense. We've made improvements with our run defense. And the new schemes will also help us.
We have two very good WRs and an excellent TE. Our O-line improved last year and will almsot certainly be WAY better this season. We will address the RB situation. The QB position is the biggest question mark. I have feeling whoever is in there will be better than last year in our predictable offense and the INTs that went the other way and cost us games will be at LEAST cut in half. There is plenty of reason to be optimistic.

2 years ago this same team, with basically the same core of players was 10-6 with Fiedler at QB. Yes we had RW and his 3.5 ypc. Our running game this year will improve on that just from being more unpredictable alone.
There are alot of variables that I could go into. But I'm at work and have no time to write a book.
This team does have a solid core of players and now that we have the right coaches, we will see alot of improvement in a lot of areas.

Sal Lisitano said:
You are correct...the Fins are entering this season will a lot of ??? and a lot to prove. I think that the Fins have a shot and can contend for the last Wild Card spot...I'm not saying that they will get it...I'm saying that they have a chance to contend for it...I'm guessing an 8-8 maybe 9-7 season...it all depends how the other AFC East teams do...it's one of the toughest divisions in the NFL...but I got to admit...I feel much better going into this season with Saban & Co. than with Wanny or another coach/coaching staff. We'll just have to wait and see...thinks should be interesting in the AFC East. The Bills need to start off strong...playing late in Buffalo is a tough place to play...advantage Bills...I feel that if they didn't start slow last season...they would have got the wild card...oh well. I think that AFC East fans are in for an interesting season ahead.

Go Fins!!!
:up: I agree. I can only hope the Pats end up like they did the season after they won their first sb.

SCall13 said:
11) Our veterans are hungry and they are buying into the new regime quickly. We've heard it all before, but our veterans will play with a bigger sense of urgency this year. But now they'll do it on a team that actually SCHEMES for their opponents and attacks weaknesses which in turn creates big plays on offense and defense.

Go Dolphins...

this is the point that intrigues me the most....alot of people were crying about Bates leaving, that everybody wanted to play for him....now we see 1st hand that our stars are raving and our younger guys are dying for a chance to step up for Saban and rookies are outright saying they would love to play for miami.

Justasportsfan said:
:up: I agree. I can only hope the Pats end up like they did the season after they won their first sb.

You would want to believe/think/or should I say hope that the Pats run is over!!! Hopefully by losing the OC and DC is going to hurt them more than we think...I don't know. Things have gone very very very well for them. I know that it isn't all based on luck and I'm not taking anything away from what they have accomplished but the ball has definately bounced their way...no doubt. Let's hope they have a lot of setbacks...the Jets have lost some important players IMO...the RT and DT will hurt them a bit...but they will still be tough. The main ? for the Bills is how Losman will play...Like I said...the AFCE will be very interesting this season.

Go Fins!!!

Sal Lisitano said:
You would want to believe/think/or should I say hope that the Pats run is over!!! Hopefully by losing the OC and DC is going to hurt them more than we think...I don't know. Things have gone very very very well for them. I know that it isn't all based on luck and I'm not taking anything away from what they have accomplished but the ball has definately bounced their way...no doubt. Let's hope they have a lot of setbacks...the Jets have lost some important players IMO...the RT and DT will hurt them a bit...but they will still be tough. The main ? for the Bills is how Losman will play...Like I said...the AFCE will be very interesting this season.

Go Fins!!!

The AFC east IS a tough division. But other than the Pats, the teams in our division have been anything but consistent. Now the Pats face some serious questions with some free agent defections and the loss of both coordinators. Curtis Martin's age could suddenly catch up with him and without an effective MArtin, no way does Pennington carry the Jets. Losman is a big question mark. I've read where it was said that he couldn't possibly do any worse than Bledsoe. But one thing Bledsoe could do that Losman probably won't be doing right away...hitting the big plays downfield. Bledsoe was capable of those big plays. Will Losman be able to equal that? Will he suffer through growing pains? Yes he will and the rest of the team will be suffering with him. It's the nature of the beast. There are very few exceptions to it. It's a very rare occurence to see an inexperienced QB come in and play good.
I think with all the questions on the teams in our division, it leaves it wide open. We will be in the mix.

SCall13 said:
The AFC east IS a tough division. But other than the Pats, the teams in our division have been anything but consistent. Now the Pats face some serious questions with some free agent defections and the loss of both coordinators. Curtis Martin's age could suddenly catch up with him and without an effective MArtin, no way does Pennington carry the Jets. Losman is a big question mark. I've read where it was said that he couldn't possibly do any worse than Bledsoe. But one thing Bledsoe could do that Losman probably won't be doing right away...hitting the big plays downfield. Bledsoe was capable of those big plays. Will Losman be able to equal that? Will he suffer through growing pains? Yes he will and the rest of the team will be suffering with him. It's the nature of the beast. There are very few exceptions to it. It's a very rare occurence to see an inexperienced QB come in and play good.
I think with all the questions on the teams in our division, it leaves it wide open. We will be in the mix.
:huh: All " If's"

Justasportsfan said:
:huh: All " If's"

And you have offered tremendous insights with "definites" ? There are no total definites in the NFL. NONE. Even the so called experts are usually way off. You have no more to offer to shoot my "ifs" down than I do to prove them. So we can just keep going back forth with eachother throwing "ifs" out there. I just happen to think my IFs will come to fruition. If I'm wrong so be it. We'll find out.

Oh by the way...I can't wait until JT feasts on your boy Losman and scaers him into about 3 ints and we spank you guys all over the field. :D

Every other team in this division has question marks as well (like Scall13 just mentioned). However, I feel that unfortunately the Fins have the most. Too many pieces have to fall in place for the Fins to have a playoff type season. Not saying it can;t be done, but blind optimism leads to major disappointments. Remember last year when Ricky left and the consensus on this board was that the remaining backs would be able to pick up the slack and that having 4 of 5 new linemen wouldn't be an issue? Well, we crashed and burned there didn't we?

SCall13 said:
And you have offered tremendous insights with "definites" ? There are no total definites in the NFL. NONE. Even the so called experts are usually way off. You have no more to offer to shoot my "ifs" down than I do to prove them. So we can just keep going back forth with eachother throwing "ifs" out there. I just happen to think my IFs will come to fruition. If I'm wrong so be it. We'll find out.
You think we will struggle just because of Losman? AJ and Gus are just as much of a question mark as JP? You still don't have a rb. You still don't have an OL. Your D is not as good as ours. Your ST is not as good as ours.

BTW, The same thing goes w/ the jets and Pats. Their st , D and O are better than yours. Those still remain as FACTS until the season starts. Everything else you've said is nothing but wishful thinking. I am not saying they won't happen but they are not facts. Your team has more question marks than any team in the AFCE. That is a fact.

SCall13 said:
Oh by the way...I can't wait until JT feasts on your boy Losman and scaers him into about 3 ints and we spank you guys all over the field. :D
Nothing but smack here. :rolleyes:

dolfan4good said:
Every other team in this division has question marks as well (like Scall13 just mentioned). However, I feel that unfortunately the Fins have the most. Too many pieces have to fall in place for the Fins to have a playoff type season. Not saying it can;t be done, but blind optimism leads to major disappointments. Remember last year when Ricky left and the consensus on this board was that the remaining backs would be able to pick up the slack and that having 4 of 5 new linemen wouldn't be an issue? Well, we crashed and burned there didn't we?

We did crash and burn last year. I wasn't one of the ones who thought another back would pick up RWs slack. But last year we had a coaching staff that had absolutely no direction and no clue what they wanted to do. (until Bates came in and got things rolling a little better) There was bickering amongst the staff and the offense had no idea what was going on. I mean, what, just barely into camp and we change coordinators. And then there is fighting because of the choice. Talk about a huge distraction and a detriment to the team. We won't have that this year. This team, coaches and players, are all pulling or pushing in the same direction. With this type of positive atmosphere, it should make a big difference overall. I feel like it will. This entire team will play better. And like I said, I feel that the close games we lost last year will be the ones we win this year. Yes I'm being optimistic. But I feel like I am being that way with good reason.

Justasportsfan said:
You think we will struggle just because of Losman? AJ and Gus are just as much of a question mark as JP? You still don't have a rb. You still don't have an OL. Your D is not as good as ours. Your ST is not as good as ours.

BTW, The same thing goes w/ the jets and Pats. Their st , D and O are better than yours. Those still remain as FACTS until the season starts. Everything else you've said is nothing but wishful thinking. I am not saying they won't happen but they are not facts. Your team has more question marks than any team in the AFCE. That is a fact.

Hmm...Our D suffered a lot of injuries last season...Our D will be improved this season...our D Line looks pretty good to me...losing Chester and TimBo hurt us big time. Our ST actually played pretty damn good last season...so I don't agree with the ST and D for the Pats Bills and Jets are better than the Fins...but you are correct in saying that the Fins do have the most ??? than any other team in the AFCE...but I feel that with better coaching our O-Line and O will improve...I'm being optimistic and think that the Fins Bills and Jets are pretty much on the same level...I would give a slight edge to the Jets and Bills but I'm hoping that this coaching staff will be able to teach and have these players over achieve...something that has been the main reason why the Pats have been successful...the Pats have a big edge over the other 3 teams in the AFCE but I'm hoping that their run has ended.

Go Fins!!!

Justasportsfan said:

Of course that's smack. That was my intention.

As for everything else you said...if what I say is wishful thinking until the season starts, then I suppose that has to go for you too. Last year is over for both of our teams. So last year doesn't matter at all. The facts will be made when the season starts for both of us.

Back
Top Bottom