Playoffs? Yes! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Playoffs? Yes!

Justasportsfan said:
yup. At least I'm not biased.

Saban this, Saban that. Why don't you wait til' he actually has a game under his belt. You have no facts to support your statement. All you did was make opinions of what COULD happen and not what WILL happen.

Of course guys like Crazy305 will agree with you. He predicted the fins to go undefeated for 2 years.

I say coaching STAFF, not just Saban. It takes everyone - not just one coach or one player. It takes a team.
It's funny you have anything to say. Your team was sitting at home watching the playoffs with ours last year. So, you guys made it just as far as we did.

SCall13 said:
I say coaching STAFF, not just Saban. It takes everyone - not just one coach or one player. It takes a team.
It's funny you have anything to say. Your team was sitting at home watching the playoffs with ours last year. So, you guys made it just as far as we did.

So what has your "coaching staff" done to prove your statement? Camp hasn't even started yet. You have no facts, just opinions.

Yeah, we didn't make playoffs. I'm not the one however talking like my team is headed for the playoffs just because you hired this and that.

Resolve your, qb, OL, D, St and RB positions before you start talking playoffs. I know you are being optimistic but it's blind optimism.

SCall13 said:
Bold prediction? Homer statement? Call it what you like, but I think Miami gets into the playoffs as a Wild Card. Why?

1) Miami is not nearly as bad as their record last year said they were. 4-12? Terrible yes. But it was more a product of a pitiful, unorganized coaching staff and the fact that RW walked out on us. The impact of a coaching staff in disarray and losing the cornerstone of your offense is obviously huge. I'm not so sure we would have made the playoffs WITH Ricky last year just because of who the coach was.

2) This team is already fired up. There is a positive air about everything going on within this organization and it is contagious. The players believe in what is going on already. They are excited about what the new coaches are bringing to the team in terms of philosophy, attitude, fire and a no nonsense approach.

3) The offensive line was improving last year and still there is nowhere to go but up for our unit. The blocking schemes, along with the plays, were vanilla. It was more in your face blocking that played into the defenses hands. Our blocking scheme we used last year almost told the defense what the play was: where it was going, whether it was run or pass, etc. Not that it was hard to figure us out...run, run, pass, punt.
This year we'll use a combination of blocks incuding Zone blocking which allows the RB to read the block and make his own decision on where to run. The offensive line also has arguably the best, and definetly one of the best coaches in the game in Houck. With him as a coach, this line will make huge strides.
4) Even as predictable as were last year, we were only blown away once. We were literally a few less mistakes away from being a .500 team even with the problems we were having on offense and as team in general.

5) Saban has no plans to just "show up". Just like all the other smoke screens he is putting up, the "build to win later stuff is another smoke screen somewhat. Sure he is looking toward the future but there is NO DOUBT this man wants to win now. He is obviously very competitive and he will not settle for a losing season. He may not come right out and say it, but he has a realistic goal of making the playoffs and the players are on the boat with him. Should we make the playoffs- you never know...we could make some noise.

6) Our defense will be dominant.

7) Our offenses point output will increase by probably an average of 5 to 6 points per game. That is approximately another TD per game. Not hard to increase the output by a TD over how bad we were last year, yet that much of a difference will be huge along side a dominating D.

8) Our running game will improve dramatically regardless of who is running the ball. Gordon, R. Brown, Williams, or RB by committee. Just a 50% improvement will make a difference. Better blocking by the Oline will open up the running game(obviously) and there is no question our line will get it done.

9) Whoever our QB is, AJ, Gus, rookie - we will attack more downfield. Our big plays will increase and our passing game and running game will compliment each other and open things up for our offense for those big plays. There is absolutely no question we will go downfield more often. Chambers and Booker both have pro bowl potential. (Booker has been there) And Randy McMichael can be the best TE in the league if he'd focus more on playing than trash talking. Which he will now that Saban is in town.

10) Saban knows how to harness talent and get the best out of his player. 'nuff said here.

11) Our veterans are hungry and they are buying into the new regime quickly. We've heard it all before, but our veterans will play with a bigger sense of urgency this year. But now they'll do it on a team that actually SCHEMES for their opponents and attacks weaknesses which in turn creates big plays on offense and defense.

I could keep going, but this should more than get my point across. I feel pretty strongly that this team will shock alot of people and be around in January.

Fire away...

Go Dolphins...
Man can you help me on my grammer.I cant spell like that...But one hell of a post...

Justasportsfan said:
So what has your "coaching staff" done to prove your statement? Camp hasn't even started yet. You have no facts, just opinions.

Yeah, we didn't make playoffs. I'm not the one however talking like my team is headed for the playoffs just because you hired this and that.

Resolve your, qb, OL, D, St and RB positions before you start talking playoffs. I know you are being optimistic but it's blind optimism.

Blind optimism? No, I say it's realistic. Those positons you named have been or will be taken care of. As for our coaching staff: they are all on the same page - not all pulling in 5 different directions. That alone makes a huge difference. Have they won anything for Miami yet? Nope. But everyone of them have shown how good they are in previous places. Houck, Linehan, Saban, etc. What they bring to this team will translate into wins. Those close games we lost last year will be won this year. Even you would have to admit that, with a better coaching staff, this team wouldn't have been a 4-12 team. So it's not unrealistic to believe that this team can turn around and have a legitmate shot at making the postseason. You don't have to agree that we will make the playoffs. That's what the boards are all about.

I believe this team can make the playoffs however, with the schedule they have its going to be very tough. It all depends on how long it takes for our players to adapt to the new schemes.

SCall13 said:
Blind optimism? No, I say it's realistic. Those positons you named have been or will be taken care of. As for our coaching staff: they are all on the same page - not all pulling in 5 different directions. That alone makes a huge difference. Have they won anything for Miami yet? Nope. But everyone of them have shown how good they are in previous places. Houck, Linehan, Saban, etc. What they bring to this team will translate into wins. Those close games we lost last year will be won this year. Even you would have to admit that, with a better coaching staff, this team wouldn't have been a 4-12 team. So it's not unrealistic to believe that this team can turn around and have a legitmate shot at making the postseason. You don't have to agree that we will make the playoffs. That's what the boards are all about.

You don't have a legitimate rb. You don't have a proven qb. Your Ol has yet to gel. What has Saban done as a HC in the NFL to PROVE that he has what it takes? Spurrier and Davis were great college coaches too.

I can play that game too. Drew is gone JP WILL be a great qb. What has he done to prove that? Nothing , but like you I can only guess. :D.

Willis is in his second year. If he started since the start of the season instead of Henry, we would've made playoffs. Do I know that for a fact? NO. Like you , I can play should've , could've, would've.

Just like Houck, McNally is considered one of the best OL coaches in the league. Difference is, This is MCnAlly's second year. Our OL will be better and that's my guess.

Our D was no. 2 and we will be better. Do I know that for sure? No. But like you I can guess.

Our ST was no. 1 and will be continue to be better. Again, I m guessing , like you.

So based on my guesses, we too are gonna make the playoffs. :D.

Pats are defending champs, the Jets are getting better, the bills are gonna be better w/ Mularkey's 2nd year (I'm guessing here) and the fins according to you are gonna be better.

I guess our guesses means all the AFCE teams are all gonna make playoffs. :up: How's that for realism?

The Bills D will not improve next season. They will not play as well as they did in 2004

armyfinfan said:
The Bills D will not improve next season. They will not play as well as they did in 2004
I hear ya, Ms. Cleo :up:

I'm not arguing that we won't be better, we obviously can't get worse than we were last year. I agree that we will be much improved, but the problem is how high the competition is in the AFC, especially year. We already have:

Indianapolis
Pittsburgh
San Diego
Kansas City (they have now started buffing up their defense and I think it will show this coming season; Sammy Knight, Kendrell Bell, and probably Patrick Surtain)
Baltimore (a great defense, and signed Derrick Mason along with Samari Rolle)

And don't forget teams on the up and coming, like Cincinnati, Jacksonville, Houston.

And then...the AFC East! The Pats are SB champions, the Bills finished 8-8 and got better every week last season (don't forget McGahee will be starting in week 1, he annihilated everyone....and I don't think it's possible for Losman to play worse than Bledsoe did), and the Jets have a great defense and have proven themself to be playoff contenders.

Almost every team in the AFC "will be making it to the playoffs." If we were in the NFC, then yes, we'd have a much better chance at making the playoffs. But in a conference where literally every team is good enough to make it? I don't think so, but we'll see.

Justasportsfan said:
You don't have a legitimate rb. You don't have a proven qb. Your Ol has yet to gel. What has Saban done as a HC in the NFL to PROVE that he has what it takes? Spurrier and Davis were great college coaches too.

I can play that game too. Drew is gone JP WILL be a great qb. What has he done to prove that? Nothing , but like you I can only guess. :D.

Willis is in his second year. If he started since the start of the season instead of Henry, we would've made playoffs. Do I know that for a fact? NO. Like you , I can play should've , could've, would've.

Just like Houck, McNally is considered one of the best OL coaches in the league. Difference is, This is MCnAlly's second year. Our OL will be better and that's my guess.

Our D was no. 2 and we will be better. Do I know that for sure? No. But like you I can guess.

Our ST was no. 1 and will be continue to be better. Again, I m guessing , like you.

So based on my guesses, we too are gonna make the playoffs. :D.

Pats are defending champs, the Jets are getting better, the bills are gonna be better w/ Mularkey's 2nd year (I'm guessing here) and the fins according to you are gonna be better.

I guess our guesses means all the AFCE teams are all gonna make playoffs. :up: How's that for realism?

Nope....the Jills and the Jests won't make the playoffs. :cool:

IMO the Bills and Pats will not make the Playoffs. I hate the Jets more than any team in football however I feel like they will win the division.

armyfinfan said:
IMO the Bills and Pats will not make the Playoffs. I hate the Jets more than any team in football however I feel like they will win the division.
Great insight. :rolleyes:

Sauceman said:
I'm not arguing that we won't be better, we obviously can't get worse than we were last year. I agree that we will be much improved, but the problem is how high the competition is in the AFC, especially year. We already have:

Indianapolis
Pittsburgh
San Diego
Kansas City (they have now started buffing up their defense and I think it will show this coming season; Sammy Knight, Kendrell Bell, and probably Patrick Surtain)
Baltimore (a great defense, and signed Derrick Mason along with Samari Rolle)

And don't forget teams on the up and coming, like Cincinnati, Jacksonville, Houston.

And then...the AFC East! The Pats are SB champions, the Bills finished 8-8 and got better every week last season (don't forget McGahee will be starting in week 1, he annihilated everyone....and I don't think it's possible for Losman to play worse than Bledsoe did), and the Jets have a great defense and have proven themself to be playoff contenders.

Almost every team in the AFC "will be making it to the playoffs." If we were in the NFC, then yes, we'd have a much better chance at making the playoffs. But in a conference where literally every team is good enough to make it? I don't think so, but we'll see.
Are you a finfan? :huh: You don't sound like most of those who posted on this thread.

You are a pessimistic finfan. Get ready to be blasted just like finatic was last year even though he was right.

Justasportsfan said:
Great insight. :rolleyes:

This is why I believe that the Bills and Pats will not make the playoffs and the Jets will win the division. First the Bills, They lost their starting LT,QB,DT. Troy Vincent is another year older and J.P. Losman is a big ? Da Bills Defense should keep them in games but IMO with the changes the D will not play as good as in 2004. Plus a tougher schedule should play a role in some of the outcomes during the season.
The Pats have lost many players and coaches which will have a major effect. As a Fin Fan I expect the additions of the coaching staff will improve the Dolphins play greatly. So on the other end of the Spectrum how could anyone not believe that the Patsies will suffer greatly from the loss of both its coordinators. So I feel the Pats reign is over.
The Jets continued to improve throughout last season and still have a young defense. I realize they lost some players but I feel as if they still have enough talent to win the east because out of all the other teams they are going through the least amount of changes.

Back
Top Bottom