please dont take it for granted miami will get the first pick. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

please dont take it for granted miami will get the first pick.

ROADRUNNER

0.1% native american & 0.1% filipino
Club Member
Reaction score
we will win some games, the bengals & the jets both suck & we play them. we will win 3-4 games, but we will be in the top 5 when picking.
It might not be all in for Tua from the front office anyway. unless we move up in the draft we have no shot at Tua & if the jets have the #1 pick they're not going to let us have it...lol.
you're all going to have heart attacks if we don't get #1 pick and get Tua. we all need to take a breath because there is still 13 games left.

Bengals loss by 1 at Seattle and 4 at Buffalo. Like Washington, they suck but have been competitive. They'll win a few games. What matters with them is how long until they sit Dalton.

Also, the Jets will win some games when Darnold gets back.

I still see an 0-16 team in Miami.... yes they moved the ball more and closed the gap a bit on TOP. But they still can't find the endzone and I don't see how that major issue gets fixed. We're talking improvements in a 31-6 loss. That says all.

Daniel Jones looked terrific yesterday & he wasn't the #1 pick. There will be 3-4 QB's in next year's draft that could be worthy of a top 5-10 pick & we could very well have 2 top 10 picks. We'll get a top rated QB, even if it isn't Tua.

I'm not saying Tua isn't worth the 1st overall pick, but this makes me wonder a bit if his stats are propped up by the talent surrounding him...
the Alabama quarterback has seen 72 percent of his passing yards come after the catch this season, which is the highest percentage in the nation, according to Steve Palazzolo of Pro Football Focus.

i say it every year, about 1-2 QB's are going to come out of nowheres preseason hype and wind up being higher picks. of course in everyones mind tua is locked in at 2020 #1 and trevor is locked in at 2021 #1 regardless of how the college seasons play out. im happy with us not going 0-16 and winning some games...as long as pitts loses all theirs :cool:

To go back a few years, the Chargers had the #1 overall pick in 2001, when Mike Vick was the consensus #1 overall player. SD wanted Vick, but couldn't come to a contract agreement, so they traded down to #5 with Atlanta for the #5 pick, plus a 2nd & 3rd round pick. All SD did that year with their (2) 1st round picks was draft 2 future HOF'ers in LaDanian Tomlinson & Drew Brees. Not too shabby.

Missing out on the #1 overall pick isn't the end of the world, but not getting quality players with most of our bounty of picks will be.

Daniel Jones looked terrific yesterday & he wasn't the #1 pick. There will be 3-4 QB's in next year's draft that could be worthy of a top 5-10 pick & we could very well have 2 top 10 picks. We'll get a top rated QB, even if it isn't Tua.

I'm not saying Tua isn't worth the 1st overall pick, but this makes me wonder a bit if his stats are propped up by the talent surrounding him...
the Alabama quarterback has seen 72 percent of his passing yards come after the catch this season, which is the highest percentage in the nation, according to Steve Palazzolo of Pro Football Focus.
alabama oc and qb stats.jpg

How often is the #1 pick actually a hall of fame QB.... not very often!

Tua is surrounded by a lot of talent. Hell Tua is surrounded by more NFL talent than Rosen!
Seldom. Just in the last 10 years, we've had 8 qb's taken #1 and only Luck has played consistently at an elite level and even with him, it didn't work out over the long term. Part of me hopes that we just trade that pick for a bunch of other picks. I know Rosen hasn't played at an elite level but if you surround him with a crap load of talent with all the picks we'll have along with an abundance of cap space, he might be good enough. Its a really tough call.

I think there is way too much focus on Tua and we should be more interested in the WR out of Alabama. I think Jeudy is more of a can't miss prospect than Tua and the Dolphins would be further ahead with him at this point in time with the status of the franchise.

I like a handful of QB's in this class.

If they miss out on Tua, then they miss out.

Hell, the best QB from 2016 is Dak Prescott, and he was a 4th rounder.

2017 saw the two best QB's be taken in the teens.

Unless the Dolphins sweep the Jets, I don't think the Jets are getting the #1 pick. And even if they do, are they getting rid of the #3 overall pick from 2018 to draft a QB?

Back
Top Bottom