please dont take it for granted miami will get the first pick. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

please dont take it for granted miami will get the first pick.

After watching yesterday's game, QB was the least of our problems. No pass rush and horrible offensive line play in the second half which should be our priority to fix. There has to be some DBs not playing that could come in and contribute also. Where's TJ McDonald now? Give him a call.

How often is the #1 pick actually a hall of fame QB.... not very often!

Tua is surrounded by a lot of talent. Hell Tua is surrounded by more NFL talent than Rosen!

Last point is funny and unbelievably, true.

Unless the Dolphins sweep the Jets, I don't think the Jets are getting the #1 pick. And even if they do, are they getting rid of the #3 overall pick from 2018 to draft a QB?

Maybe not but the #1 pick will be worth a ton in trade!

They land #1 and it opens a huge bidding war IMO.

At least the Bengals and Steelers get to beat up on each other... hopefully the Bengals can sneak one out against them

Daniel Jones looked terrific yesterday & he wasn't the #1 pick. There will be 3-4 QB's in next year's draft that could be worthy of a top 5-10 pick & we could very well have 2 top 10 picks. We'll get a top rated QB, even if it isn't Tua.

I'm not saying Tua isn't worth the 1st overall pick, but this makes me wonder a bit if his stats are propped up by the talent surrounding him...
the Alabama quarterback has seen 72 percent of his passing yards come after the catch this season, which is the highest percentage in the nation, according to Steve Palazzolo of Pro Football Focus.
Could also say he makes them better by executing pin point passes

I think we may be underestimating how bad our run defense is. I think the jets and bengals would run all over us. I do think we will win a game or possibly two though.

we will win some games, the bengals & the jets both suck & we play them. we will win 3-4 games, but we will be in the top 5 when picking.
It might not be all in for Tua from the front office anyway. unless we move up in the draft we have no shot at Tua & if the jets have the #1 pick they're not going to let us have it...lol.
you're all going to have heart attacks if we don't get #1 pick and get Tua. we all need to take a breath because there is still 13 games left.

Lol. Keep the "faith" man but this team is not winning 4 games and the Jets and Bengals are much, much better teams than Miami. Darnold will be back for the Jets and A.J. Green will return for the Bengals. Dan Marino is not walking through that door and I doubt this team would win 4 games if he did.

Unpopular opinion: No team is going 0-16 this year. Miami is going to win a few. We hung in there with NE and Dallas for christ sakes. Keep improving, stop hurting yourself and the points will come. Defense will be motivated with points on the board and the second half collapses will cease.

I think there is way too much focus on Tua and we should be more interested in the WR out of Alabama. I think Jeudy is more of a can't miss prospect than Tua and the Dolphins would be further ahead with him at this point in time with the status of the franchise.

Listen. I believe that Tua would benefit this team more than Jerry Rice in his prime.

QB is the difference maker in this league

Daniel Jones looked terrific yesterday & he wasn't the #1 pick. There will be 3-4 QB's in next year's draft that could be worthy of a top 5-10 pick & we could very well have 2 top 10 picks. We'll get a top rated QB, even if it isn't Tua.

I'm not saying Tua isn't worth the 1st overall pick, but this makes me wonder a bit if his stats are propped up by the talent surrounding him...
the Alabama quarterback has seen 72 percent of his passing yards come after the catch this season, which is the highest percentage in the nation, according to Steve Palazzolo of Pro Football Focus.
Very few qbs selected at #1 live up to the billing and many flat out fail. Most of the truly elite qbs in the game over the years were outside of the Top 10. You don't need to have the #1 pick to find that guy and unless it's a can't miss prospect like Luck and Manning was then you don't necessarily lose anything by trading back a little. It's a crap shoot especially with qbs.

And unless Rosen really impresses all year I wouldn't mind trading back a little unless TUA leaves absolutely no doubt he's the one to pick. And then doubling up on qbs in the upcoming draft. Draft one with one of the early picks and then maybe another in the 2nd or 3rd round. I definitely think we should try and get Gordon of WSU with one of our picks somewhere.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom