please dont take it for granted miami will get the first pick. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

please dont take it for granted miami will get the first pick.

I have no problem with being obliterated in games this year.

I am however, nervous that we win some meaningless games that force us to lose A LOT of the draft capital that we have built up.

we have a lot of dry powder here. I want it all. I want Tua at #1, and I don’t want to spend an extra dime to get him if I don’t have to

Nothing meaningless about this roster winning a game, let alone multiple games.

You can potentially have a lot more draft capital with the 2nd or 3rd pick then you could with the 1st if you don't need to take a QB.

It's possible Josh Rosen is a better NFL QB than Tua. In which case you'd also have Chase Young or a comparable talent, with a QB already in the stable.

The Dolphins didn't tank for one player. The Dolphins dismantled their team and built a draft arsenal for the purposes of giving them flexibility over the next couple of drafts. I don't think they are going to just sit there and use all their picks over the next 2 years without padding the stock pile for future years.

The answers will be obvious once the season ends so panicking about hypothetical situations now seems useless.

Keep in mind, the current starting QB of the Miami Dolphins is going to do everything in his power to keep Tua from ever being a Dolphin.

I’m not sold on Tua anyways. Would much rather have Lawrence.

Why not both? Seriously draft Tua then suck again then draft Lawrence...use one as trade bait...or the 2021 pick as trade bait to build an nfl ready OL...imagine Rosen Tue and Lawrence on the team at once...taking all offers

Unpopular opinion: No team is going 0-16 this year. Miami is going to win a few. We hung in there with NE and Dallas for christ sakes. Keep improving, stop hurting yourself and the points will come. Defense will be motivated with points on the board and the second half collapses will cease.

I would say hanging in would mean losing by single digits...or at least covering the spread

Unless the Dolphins sweep the Jets, I don't think the Jets are getting the #1 pick. And even if they do, are they getting rid of the #3 overall pick from 2018 to draft a QB?
No but they might trade with someone else who needs one.. actually, they most likely would.. for a kings ransom

With some protection and some defense, Brad Johnson or Trent Dilfer can win the Super Bowl.

Really, Rosen is probably good enough.

No but they might trade with someone else who needs one.. actually, they most likely would.. for a kings ransom
Who the hell can predict the jests, with the Gasemeister having a big input? They might draft an undersized slot receiver #1. You know, to take advantage of the WR bubble screen, on 3rd and 1 situations.

ABSOLUTELY WRONG.

If Rosen wins us 2 games he automatically “earns” the right to have our team “built around him” in 2020?

Fu*k no.

That is wrong on so many levels

Do you believe they traded for him as an experiment to throw people off their scent?

I am seeing a front office that really wants to hoard picks, not one that gave one away for no reason.

This is why they play the games though, things get resolved on the field.

With some protection and some defense, Brad Johnson or Trent Dilfer can win the Super Bowl.

"Good enough" is not good enough. I like Rosen, and would like to see him running this O for the next decade, but if he is just "good enough", then no, we have to aspire to something more. I'm not in favor of giving him 3 years to get there either. In my view, he has the rest of this year, and TC next year to prove it, one way, or the other.

I also think we need to take a QB rd1. It doesn't make sense to put all our eggs in one basket, given the draft capital and $ we have at our disposal.

Now, having said that, I'm not sold on Tua, as the ONLY possible way to go. If I'm the Dolphins, I look at all the options, once the season plays out, and the order of our picks is established. Should we happen to not end up with #1 overall, I'm not moving up for any player, though.

Do you believe they traded for him as an experiment to throw people off their scent?

I am seeing a front office that really wants to hoard picks, not one that gave one away for no reason.

This is why they play the games though, things get resolved on the field.
No. But I firmly believe that the FO wants to pick THEIR QB. One that they drafted, that will electrify they fan base.

Sorry, Rosen is not that guy

Yeah. Like Tanny was?

lord. Will people never learn? Didn’t the last 20 years teach us anything? Isn’t the way forward clear?

Daniel Jones looked terrific yesterday & he wasn't the #1 pick. There will be 3-4 QB's in next year's draft that could be worthy of a top 5-10 pick & we could very well have 2 top 10 picks. We'll get a top rated QB, even if it isn't Tua.

I'm not saying Tua isn't worth the 1st overall pick, but this makes me wonder a bit if his stats are propped up by the talent surrounding him...
the Alabama quarterback has seen 72 percent of his passing yards come after the catch this season, which is the highest percentage in the nation, according to Steve Palazzolo of Pro Football Focus.
I never thought in a million years Daniel Jones was going to be the #6 overall pick in the draft. I figured he'd have been drafted at #17. But the Giants saw something and didn't want to wait and hope he'd fall. So they gambled and were bemoaned for it. Now look who may be getting the last laugh. What separates Jones from everyone else, is the intangible traits he brings to the QB position. That's what I want in Miami's next Franchise QB.

Back
Top Bottom