please dont take it for granted miami will get the first pick. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

please dont take it for granted miami will get the first pick.

I never thought in a million years Daniel Jones was going to be the #6 overall pick in the draft. I figured he'd have been drafted at #17. But the Giants saw something and didn't want to wait and hope he'd fall. So they gambled and were bemoaned for it. Now look who may be getting the last laugh. What separates Jones from everyone else, is the intangible traits he brings to the QB position. That's what I want in Miami's next Franchise QB.
Jones also had the easiest pick six in the world dropped, and the Buc's kicker missed a 34 yard chip shot field goal to lose that game. Some times you get lucky, but it's waaaaaaaaay too early to start fitting Daniel Jones for a Hall of Fame jacket.

As for the other QBs, Love is the only one that even remotely intrigues me if Tua for some reason isn't an option. If we take Herbert we're taking a slightly better Tannehill and then this franchise deserves everything that's coming to them.

What makes you think they can beat any of those teams after being blown out 3 straight games to open the season in epic proportion? Dolphins are historically bad. Bengals and Jets both have way more talent than Dolphins

Jones also had the easiest pick six in the world dropped, and the Buc's kicker missed a 34 yard chip shot field goal to lose that game. Some times you get lucky, but it's waaaaaaaaay too early to start fitting Daniel Jones for a Hall of Fame jacket.

As for the other QBs, Love is the only one that even remotely intrigues me if Tua for some reason isn't an option. If we take Herbert we're taking a slightly better Tannehill and then this franchise deserves everything that's coming to them.
I never anointed Jones as a potential Hall of Famer. Although I do believe, He's better than given credit for. Doesn't matter about a missed FG, what matters is he showed leadership and guts. And his team responded. That's what I want in Miami's next QB.

Nothing meaningless about this roster winning a game, let alone multiple games.

You can potentially have a lot more draft capital with the 2nd or 3rd pick then you could with the 1st if you don't need to take a QB.

It's possible Josh Rosen is a better NFL QB than Tua. In which case you'd also have Chase Young or a comparable talent, with a QB already in the stable.

The Dolphins didn't tank for one player. The Dolphins dismantled their team and built a draft arsenal for the purposes of giving them flexibility over the next couple of drafts. I don't think they are going to just sit there and use all their picks over the next 2 years without padding the stock pile for future years.

The answers will be obvious once the season ends so panicking about hypothetical situations now seems useless.

Keep in mind, the current starting QB of the Miami Dolphins is going to do everything in his power to keep Tua from ever being a Dolphin.
More draft capital with the second or third pick, than with the first pick????

Seriously? I’m stumped, mortified... please tell me you are joking. You can’t believe that nonsense

I keep seeing people say we hung in there with NE and the Cowboys even though we lost by 3 TD's or more. Do you guys live your life a QTR at a time in the same way Vin Diesel lives his life a qtr mile at a time?
There were times early on in both games when it appeared we could hang with those teams. Obviously we didn't. You could say we hung in there early on...but you have to say EARLY ON.

I keep seeing people say we hung in there with NE and the Cowboys even though we lost by 3 TD's or more. Do you guys live your life a QTR at a time in the same way Vin Diesel lives his life a qtr mile at a time?
I mean nevermind that the Fins score differential is -117... (LOL! Yes thats -39/game) 80 points away from the 2nd worst team...

Fun fact: Top 3 teams in score diff are the Pats, the Cowboys and Ravens...(LOL)

You know whats common with all QBs getting picked #1? They all end up on the absolute worst team in the NFL in the prior season. This has alot more to do with the failure rate than the QBs themselves...

True & whatever QB we pick will end up on the absolute worst team in the NFL in the prior season. Right now it isn't even close.

True & whatever QB we pick will end up on the absolute worst team in the NFL in the prior season. Right now it isn't even close.
Only difference is very rarely do bad teams accumulate so much assets to rebuild right away... I mean the Fins will be stacked with draft picks and cap space... But yeah Grier...

I think if our coaching staff is worth its weight in salt we’ll see some improvement as the season goes on. I expect a slightly better team after the bye. There were so many changes in that last week this is preseason. With that being said we still don’t have the horses and although I didn’t think so until final cut day, we have to be the odds on favorite for the 1st overall pick. It’s fun to pick on the Jets but even if you don’t think Darnold is that good the Jets are playing with a QB who probably shouldn’t be in the NFL. They will be better than us with Darnold.

I think if our coaching staff is worth its weight in salt we’ll see some improvement as the season goes on.

Yeah, we're all praying for that. What concerns me is that we seem to play worse in the 2nd half of the 1st 3 games. Good coaching staffs make halftime adjustments. Haven't seen that so far.

we will win some games, the bengals & the jets both suck & we play them. we will win 3-4 games, but we will be in the top 5 when picking.
It might not be all in for Tua from the front office anyway. unless we move up in the draft we have no shot at Tua & if the jets have the #1 pick they're not going to let us have it...lol.
you're all going to have heart attacks if we don't get #1 pick and get Tua. we all need to take a breath because there is still 13 games left.

I wouldn't take for granted that we win A game. I don't take for granted that we take a quarterback with the No. 1 pick, though. Honestly, it's hard to evaluate Rosen in this situation. Might be better to trade down, stockpile assets at other positions, which still probably wouldn't take us out of the top pick in 2021 and then draft Lawrence there if Rosen doesn't look like he has it.

Don’t sleep on the kid that transferred from Georgia to Washington. He’s only a jr but he looks better to me then the Oregon kid does.

Back
Top Bottom