please dont take it for granted miami will get the first pick. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

please dont take it for granted miami will get the first pick.

Bengals loss by 1 at Seattle and 4 at Buffalo. Like Washington, they suck but have been competitive. They'll win a few games. What matters with them is how long until they sit Dalton.

Also, the Jets will win some games when Darnold gets back.

I still see an 0-16 team in Miami.... yes they moved the ball more and closed the gap a bit on TOP. But they still can't find the endzone and I don't see how that major issue gets fixed. We're talking improvements in a 31-6 loss. That says all.
To go back a few years, the Chargers had the #1 overall pick in 2001, when Mike Vick was the consensus #1 overall player. SD wanted Vick, but couldn't come to a contract agreement, so they traded down to #5 with Atlanta for the #5 pick, plus a 2nd & 3rd round pick. All SD did that year with their (2) 1st round picks was draft 2 future HOF'ers in LaDanian Tomlinson & Drew Brees. Not too shabby.

Missing out on the #1 overall pick isn't the end of the world, but not getting quality players with most of our bounty of picks will be.
I just don't see it that way. I think we will improve. I DON'T see 0-16, but some around here seem to see it as a foregone conclusion. Also, as a fan, l am rooting for us to win every game. Been doing that for a long time. With a good staff some of the young guys may emerge and play well. I thought THAT was part of our plan.

I think we win maybe 1 or two games, Likely against struggling QB's

I could see us having a shot against the redskins,Steelers,Jets Maybbe the bengals i doubt it.. I'm fine with it, If we win any game i'd prefer it be the steelers game move that steelers pick even higher.

we will win some games, the bengals & the jets both suck & we play them. we will win 3-4 games, but we will be in the top 5 when picking.
It might not be all in for Tua from the front office anyway. unless we move up in the draft we have no shot at Tua & if the jets have the #1 pick they're not going to let us have it...lol.
you're all going to have heart attacks if we don't get #1 pick and get Tua. we all need to take a breath because there is still 13 games left.

my money is on this team getting number one overall...

Seriously... this team just set historical records in points allowed and differential... I think we’re pretty safe!

Just really hard to swallow drafting the year before the REAL top prize

Seriously... this team just set historical records in points allowed and differential... I think we’re pretty safe!
In a normal season I would say so too, but there appear to be some reeeeeally bad teams out there this year so I'm definitely nervous.

the guy who is simply not accurate who relies on his WRs to make contorted catches?? The only QB who I have consistently watched throw it off the back foot In the NFL and not get burned is Russel Wilson - i have seen Lawrence throw off the back foot and rely on his WRs all too often

I've been worried about this all along and everyone says im crazy we wont win a game. We will find a way to win a game or 2. I spend every week hoping the other winless teams pull out victories somehow. I would feel a lot better with a 2 game cushion at the midpoint of the season. Imagine if this whole dreadful, painful tank was all for nothing and we end up not getting the first pick. That would be a travesty.

Oh..You like the less accurate QB's ,i see.....Most people are "Hoping" Trevor's performance starts to match his physical potential...It hasn't happened yet.
"Hoping" is one hell of a way to build a football program..

Tua: 87/112 77.7% 1300yds 17TDs 0INTs 224.3 rating
Lawrence: 66/106 62.3% 925yds 7TDs 5INTs 157.6 rating

When does this made up idea that Lawrence is better finally die?

I've been worried about this all along and everyone says im crazy we wont win a game. We will find a way to win a game or 2. I spend every week hoping the other winless teams pull out victories somehow. I would feel a lot better with a 2 game cushion at the midpoint of the season. Imagine if this whole dreadful, painful tank was all for nothing and we end up not getting the first pick. That would be a travesty.
It keeps me up at night, but at least Pittsburgh lost and the Giants won.

Jets, Bengals, and Washington are really scaring me.

It keeps me up at night, but at least Pittsburgh lost and the Giants won.

Jets, Bengals, and Washington are really scaring me.

We are still gonna be underdawgs against those teams. We wont be favored in any of them. We are +16.5 underdawgs to a 1-2 team at home this week. This is a historically bad team. Darnold and Mosely and Quinnen Williams will be back for the Jets. That Dline will eat our lunch.

We are still gonna be underdawgs against those teams. We wont be favored in any of them. We are +16.5 underdawgs to a 1-2 team at home this week. This is a historically bad team.
Yeah, if we play those games 100 times each we most likely lose most of them, but there's a chance we could sneak one in there somewhere and it could be completely devastating.

Most on this board don't want a darker skinned QB from Alabama...only thing i can guess.
I don't think it's because of any of that. I just think most people on this forum's only view of Tua vs Lawrence came from the championship game only. One game sample size and whatnot.

Back
Top Bottom