please dont take it for granted miami will get the first pick. | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

please dont take it for granted miami will get the first pick.

Yup, but notice I said "under a new HC." Or are you saying no NFL player improves under a new HC? I'm willing to see what happens. Some aren't.
I mean, sure, you could absolutely point to literally anything new to absolve everything he's ever done very easily and if that's what you want to do, so be it.

Give me facts why..his performances haven't..something besides hope.

I'm confused. Certainly you've been here long enough to know there are difference of opinion on EVERYTHING. Ross, Flo, Tannehill, Wake, . . . and both sides can provide stats. I'd rather attribute disagreements to differences of opinion that to race, ummm, unless you have facts.

I mean, sure, you could absolutely point to literally anything new to absolve everything he's ever done very easily and if that's what you want to do, so be it.

Not "absolve." He sucked last year. I suspect we agree. The difference is I'm willing to let him prove last year wasn't the real Rosen. People grow/mature/learn. Again, or are you saying no NFL player improves under a new HC?

Nonetheless, I'm not convinced Miami will have the #1 pick. So far, it's a real possibility, but the NFL isn't static and 'prediction' doesn't equate to reality.

I'm confused. Certainly you've been here long enough to know there are difference of opinion on EVERYTHING. Ross, Flo, Tannehill, Wake, . . . and both sides can provide stats. I'd rather attribute disagreements to differences of opinion that to race, ummm, unless you have facts.
Because we have physical performances to compare each other to...takes out OPINION....people are hoping Trevors performances rationalize his potential..It hasn't yet.
I want the best QB for Miami,the one whose performance on the field equals his potential...I'm not building anything based on hoping someone finally plays to his potential.

Because we have physical performances to compare each other to...takes out OPINION....people are hoping Trevors performances rationalize his potential..It hasn't yet.
I want the best QB for Miami,the one whose performance on the field equals his potential...I'm not building anything based on hoping someone finally plays to his potential.

I suggest you sell your method of accumulating facts to NFL GMs. They'd love to know how to take guess work out of draft day.

Not "absolve." He sucked last year. I suspect we agree. The difference is I'm willing to let him prove last year wasn't the real Rosen. People grow/mature/learn. Again, or are you saying no NFL player improves under a new HC?

Nonetheless, I'm not convinced Miami will have the #1 pick. So far, it's a real possibility, but the NFL isn't static and 'prediction' doesn't equate to reality.
I'm not trying to say that we should cut Rosen now or next offseason. I'm fine with him trying to prove he's the guy and whatever. I'm just saying he's probably not the guy, we should draft Tua if we have the #1 pick no matter what Rosen does, and I hope that Rosen would be okay being a backup going forward because I think he'd be a good one.

I'm not trying to say that we should cut Rosen now or next offseason. I'm fine with him trying to prove he's the guy and whatever. I'm just saying he's probably not the guy, we should draft Tua if we have the #1 pick no matter what Rosen does, and I hope that Rosen would be okay being a backup going forward because I think he'd be a good one.

As I ask frequently, what do you think FLO will do? What will make Rosen 'good enough' in his eyes?

Much like people's views on Rosen are based on one game under a new HC

That’s not true, though. He played an entire season with the Cardinals and he’s had an entire training camp here, where he couldn’t beat out the mangled corpse of Fitzmagic.

There are only three long shot chances at wins. The two Jets games and the Redskins game. The Jets likely have Darnold back and have much more talent so should be able to beat us but if they're winless themselves at that point they might join the tank so you never know. I still highly doubt we beat them but if we did it'd just be one of the two. The Redskins may be starting a rookie and are really bad but even they have more talent so it's still a long shot. We are legit one of the least talented teams in the history of the league AND we're trying to lose. I doubt they'd jeopardize the tank when they've made all these moves to ensure they once and for all get their QB

That’s not true, though. He played an entire season with the Cardinals and he’s had an entire training camp here, where he couldn’t beat out the mangled corpse of Fitzmagic.

As I said to K4291, "I'm willing to let him prove last year wasn't the real Rosen. People grow/mature/learn. Or are you saying no NFL player improves under a new HC?" FWIW, I was saying all spring/summer I expected RF to start because Flo would defer to the vet. Since most agree Rosen outplayed him, I may be right. Sometimes I think people are afraid Rosen will play so well a '20 QB is off the table.

an entire season with a team just slightly better than us this season and that narrative about him being unable to beat out Fitz is retarded and needs to die. The decision to play Fitz had zero to do with a competition

As I said to K4291, "I'm willing to let him prove last year wasn't the real Rosen. People grow/mature/learn. Or are you saying no NFL player improves under a new HC?" FWIW, I was saying all spring/summer I expected RF to start because Flo would defer to the vet. Since most agree Rosen outplayed him, I may be right. Sometimes I think people are afraid Rosen will play so well a '20 QB is off the table.

I’m just going to quote my response in that other thread.

I think it’s just that we’re a fanbase tired of this. We don’t want to hang on to small teases of potential anymore. We want what KC and Seattle have, where they got their QB and were proven right immediately. We want consistent high quality QB play. Rosen hasn’t provided that as of yet, which tells us that he most likely won’t. We’re tired of waiting. It’s time for a QB to come in and take the job by it’s huevos.

I think it's hilarious that the OP thinks we're going to win 3 - 4 games. Also, Darnold isn't out for the year & could easily finish .500. They still play us twice, NYG, Cin, Was, Oak, Buf, & Pit.

Back
Top Bottom